• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Much Fun?

Firest0rm

Looks like Nintendo's changing its slogan again. Atleast from what I've seen in Canada, now the format is to use the line Too Much Fun at the end. The ads seem to all end with the camera zooming into a person's eye then "Too Much Fun" appears and you hear the mushroom power up sound from Mario Bros. So far there's been four different versions that I have seen. There's one advertising the PC lineup, some kind of swat team goes around cargo box at a harbor and finds a shipment of them. I can't really recall it that well. Another one involves two Indian parents talking about their son who hasn't been spending time with them, and they over hear him talking to his friends about "mushrooms" and fear that he's taking drugs. A third involves a hobo saying that he became addicted to Nintendo games. Last, this is one I haven't seen, is a MP2 Theatre ad that according to a person at IGN:

"starts off weirdly, it looks like it's a "self-help" commercial. There's this girl crying in a bathroom and the narrator is saying that lots of teenagers are victim of this. It makes it look like she was getting sexually abused by her boyfriend/father/priest. Then the girl says something to the extent of "I can't believe he did this to me... I don't even see him anymore.. I even bought it for him.."

Then it ends with Metroid Prime 2 - Too Much Fun.

N-philes.com has the Hobo version of the ad up but I haven't found any of the others up. Lastly, I looked through the search function to see if this was posted already and I didn't find anything so please forgive me if I missed it.

The hobo ad: http://www.n-philes.com/m/toomuchfun-hobo.mov

edit: Hobo ad doesn't end with the mushroom sound but the others do. Atleast the harbor and Indian one do.

Ironclad

That hobo ad ends with the Boo sign. Very interesting. I like this campaign much better than the Who are You? ads. Even though the music is good in those ads.

Firest0rm said:
Really has it been posted? Cause I want to download them.

you'll have to do a search. My videos say they were dated the 26th of October (really old then) The paper mario 2 is the one with the indians.

Top Bottom