• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 3 most wanted upcoming GBA games

jarrod

Banned
Fuck consoles!

The Legend of Zelda: The Magical Hood Nintendo/Capcom
352a01c7-d7bd-4d37-bda2-e909e48db885.jpg
fd06797f-007b-4058-b92a-9378d2a1a5b4.jpg

Astro Boy: Omega Factor Sega/Treasure
ss_astroboyomega_08.jpg
ss_astroboyomega_10.jpg

Pirate Battle Orbital Media
game_piratebattle_screenshot1.gif
game_piratebattle_screenshot2.gif

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Actually, I think it's fuck the GBA since it looks more and more boring :) You'll have to transfer your fandom to the DS soon.

That said....

1.AstroBoy
2.Advance Guardian Heroes
3......um, that Pirate Battle looks hot.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
1. Astro Boy
2. Zelda:The Minish Cap
3. That Pirate Battle game looks awesome...

Advance Guardian Heroes doesn't look that great to me, unfortunately :( It seems Treasure is sacrificing many of the elements that made the Saturn game so good. But it seems Treasure is back on track lately (Ikaruga, Gradius V, Astro Boy) so we'll see...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
djtiesto said:
Advance Guardian Heroes doesn't look that great to me, unfortunately :( It seems Treasure is sacrificing many of the elements that made the Saturn game so good. But it seems Treasure is back on track lately (Ikaruga, Gradius V, Astro Boy) so we'll see...

I totally agree with you. Can't tell you how much I wish this game was getting a sequel on a home console instead. But...this is as good as it gets I guess.

cvxfreak

1. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green (although I have the Japanese imports...)
2. Donkey Kong Country 2 (I'm THIS close to importing it from Japan, though...)
3. Mario Pinball Land (This looks like a blast)

ge-man

If they were going to go portable with GH, why didn't they wait for the DS and PSP? Both should do the game justice.

And I agree with jarrod's list.

jarrod

Banned
I dunno what's up with AGH. The screens look pretty barren with rather undetailed sprites and awkward rendered backgrounds... both GBA and Treasure are fully capable of much more. Maybe it'll look better in motion...

And Musashi, the DS hype should start in about a week. :)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
The prospect of an original Zelda title for the GBA is very exciting indeed, although it has alot to live up to in terms of being a real successor to LTTP. I'm hoping this new title will recall some of the memories of long yore.

Memles

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Magical Hood

Yeah, might as well stop at one...I won't have the cash to purchase another game with DS coming along.

FF1+2 and Pokemon Fire Red are definitely on my upcoming list. I hear FF2 is still fantastically broken though...(sigh)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
1. Metal Slug Advance
2. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
3. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
3a. F Zero: GP Legend

Dude if DS games cost $50 I'm going to have to start eating pork & beans and drinking Schlitz.

Eat ramen and drink water. You'll ned it this fall. I never finished FF2, because of how unbalanced the combat was, so it is unfortunate to hear that is is still broken. If it is more challenging than the Origins version, and magic actually deals damage and takes less time to level up, I may be able to get through it.

I also dearly want Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Kirby, and any Fire Emblem love that Nintendo gives us at any point in the future. Pirate Battle looks cool, and I seem to recall that Orbital had a space game that looked good in the works too, but I can't remember the name.

ge-man

Guileless said:
1. Metal Slug Advance
2. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
3. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
3a. F Zero: GP Legend

Dude if DS games cost $50 I'm going to have to start eating pork & beans and drinking Schlitz.

If DS games are 50 dollars I won't even bother with the machine. That is my nightmare scenario for next generation handhelds. There's no way that I can handle both a console and a portable at that pricepoint.

jarrod

Banned
Diomedeskun said:
Pirate Battle looks cool, and I seem to recall that Orbital had a space game that looked good in the works too, but I can't remember the name.
Scurge: Hive
game_scurge_screenshot5.gif
game_scurge_screenshot3.gif

...IGN described it as an isometric Metroid. :)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
ge-man said:
If DS games are 50 dollars I won't even bother with the machine.

I bet a lot of people agree with you. But, this is Nintendo. Setting low prices on games isn't exactly what they're known for. $29.99 Player's Choice anyone? How about $20 NES Classics? Of course I complain but still pay the prices, so I guess they know what they're doing.

Soul4ger

Guileless said:
I bet a lot of people agree with you. But, this is Nintendo. Setting low prices on games isn't exactly what they're known for. $29.99 Player's Choice anyone? How about $20 NES Classics? Of course I complain but still pay the prices, so I guess they know what they're doing.

It's supposed to be an incredibly cheap medium. But, like you said, Nintendo, pricing, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
1) Metal Slug Advance(They better smooth out the framerate in this one)
2) Kingdom Hearts
3) I don't know....

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
1. Legend of Stafy 3 (on order)
g_02.gif
g_07.gif

2. DK: King of Swing
dk1.jpg
dk2.jpg

3. The as-of-yet unseen new Custom Robo game

There are a whole slew of other GBA games I want, both upcoming and already released. I have no intention of buying a DS. I'm just going to live off the GBA for quite a while.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hm...really just guardian heroes advance. zelda should be good as well, but i can't say i'm really anticipating it. i'll probably go back and pick up kururin paradise, klonoa g2, and starfi 2, though.

Gruco

Banned
Wow, I'm so out of it. When was the Zelda thingis announced? Looks amazing, and Capcom has done great with the Oraces. So it's number 1!

Is Kirby and the Amazing Mirror brand new? I need to look up info on that too....

What is a Pirate Battle?

We're not getting a Starfi are we?

Um....
1) Zelda
2) Pokemon
3) Astroboy

Socreges

Banned
1) Fire Emblem IX (if the GC version is VIII)
2) The Legend of Zelda: The Magical Hood
3) Astro Boy: Omega Factor

jarrod

Banned
Gruco said:
Wow, I'm so out of it. When was the Zelda thingis announced? Looks amazing, and Capcom has done great with the Oraces. So it's number 1!
It was announced at E3. The original subtitle was "The Minish Cap" which has been changed to "The Magical Hood". The dual world/puzzle mechanic in this one involves shrinking/growing Link. Due in the US Feb 14th.

Gruco said:
Is Kirby and the Amazing Mirror brand new? I need to look up info on that too....
It was already released in Japan and Europe, but it's a whole new game (unlike Nightmare in DreamLand). Involves using cell-phones to communicate between different colored Kirbys for different abilities.

Gruco said:
What is a Pirate Battle?
An Advance Wars/Fire Emblem style SRPG featuring pirates & booty. Developed & published by new Candaian startup Orbital Media, who have several amazing looking GBA games coming soon.

Gruco said:
We're not getting a Starfi are we?
:(

Ranger X

whereabouts please

Never saw that Starfy game... i see it's the second Starfy. Is the first one still on sale? Did it came out here?...

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
The Legend of Zelda: The Magical Hood
Pirate Battle
Mario Pinball Land (the trailer someone posted yesterday looked pretty cool)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wyzdom said:
whereabouts please

Never saw that Starfy game... i see it's the second Starfy. Is the first one still on sale? Did it came out here?...
The third one is the one coming out this week in Japan. None came out here. I know Video Game Depot has new copies of Stafy 2 (under the name Legend of Starfi 2) for sale, and you can pre-order the third from them. I can't say I know of a place to import the first though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh, forgot kirby! and it's the one promising gba platformer that's actually coming out here. i want that too.

Top Bottom