• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Thrill Dragster Closed Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

I just got this off Screamscape.com,

Breaking News: Top Thrill Dragster has been shut down indefinitely after four riders were struck by shards of metal possibly sheered off the launch cable while others reported feeling “burned” by an “oily” substance. Two of the riders were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment with one report of a rider being struck by a large piece of metal in the chest. You can read more here. I can only imagine that later today there will be reports of Storm Runner (Hersheypark) and Xcelerator (Knott’s) being closed for inspection.

http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/3523436/detail.html

Matlock

Banned
"All of the sudden, it felt like they were being hit by bugs because the ride was going so fast," he said. "He said when the ride stopped everybody was looking at him and he said there was blood on everybody."

I know that feeling all too well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Holy shit.

Guess I have no reason to go to Cedar Point anytime soon. That's the only one I haven't done.

Disaster Transport is a ride you go on and realize it's a terrible, terrible roller coaster. Years pass. You find yourself back at Cedar Point and waltz past Disaster Transport. You and your friends remember it wasn't that great, but hey, why not give it a go? You ride it again and remember that it is complete ass all over again.

Pimpwerx

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

I really wanted to ride that one. I've only been to Cedar Point once, in 94, and I loved it. The best coaster park ever. My favorites were Magnum, Raptor and Mean Streak. But the recent coasters they've built are killer, especially TFD. Hope they fix and reopen that thing. I showed my students a pic and video of it, and they damn near shit their pants. I told them it was in Ohio and they were like, "Where?" LOL! That ride looks like too much fun. PEACE.

MIMIC

Banned
The most terrifying part of the ride is the "wait" right before you are launched (as the SFX engines "rev-up"). It's like an overwhelming pall of anxiety that you really, really like. :)

Matlock said:
And Disaster Transport. And the water rides!

I've never been to Soak City, but I've been on Disaster Transport once (that fucking line was long as HELL!) It was OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom