• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Firestorm

So my connecting Air Canada flight from Chicago O'Hare to Toronto was delayed again and again until it went from 4:50 PM EST departure to 12:50 AM EST departure. Now I'm at Pearson, am basically spending the night here as I arrived at 2:20 AM and need to shuttle downtown in the morning to catch the 7:15 AM to Waterloo in the morning. Fun.

God I hate Chicago right now.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Question fellow Torontonians!

My friends and I just had our Summerlicious plans cancelled due to the restaurant we picked's apparent suckage. Any recommendations for Summerlicious? I know a lot of places really bring down their quality control during Summerlicious, but are there any exceptions? We've already been to Canoe and Pangea before.

Divvy said:
Question fellow Torontonians!

My friends and I just had our Summerlicious plans cancelled due to the restaurant we picked's apparent suckage. Any recommendations for Summerlicious? I know a lot of places really bring down their quality control during Summerlicious, but are there any exceptions? We've already been to Canoe and Pangea before.

Which restaurant?

I'm going to Wildfire

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh I dunno, we're up for anywhere that's good. Doesn't really matter so long as we aren't going to get the throwaway stuff just because it's Summerlicious.

Divvy said:
Oh I dunno, we're up for anywhere that's good. Doesn't really matter so long as we aren't going to get the throwaway stuff just because it's Summerlicious.

I hear that........Wildfire has steak so I assume its safe for Summerlicious.....

Oppo

Guys, when is it going to fucking rain again?

Our weather has been like LA for about 10 days now, no end in sight, and frankly its a bit boring.

PortTwo said:
Our weather has been like LA for about 10 days now, no end in sight, and frankly its a bit boring.
Better be on the weekend. Don't want to deal with rush hour traffic and rain at the same time.

Zzoram

BigJonsson said:

Ford is going to be a terrible mayor for Toronto.

One of his first moves after election was proposing to close most of the homeless shelters, getting rid of 40,000 homeless shelter beds.

This is probably one of the ways he figures he can pay for giving suburban commuters into Toronto their $60/year car tax cut.

Zzoram

Zombie James said:
Already is.

What I hate is how the suburbs decided the mayor that will have the greatest impact on downtown Toronto, which voted overwhelmingly against him.

2010ElectionResults.gif

Election2010results_weighted2.gif

Roto13 said:
I'm going to write on the side of my building and call 911.
And then write an article for the Star about how cops getting dispatched to graffiti 911s is drawing resources away from more harmful crimes, like stabbings and shootings.

Zzoram

I don't know much about the Fall election but I heard that Hudak was polling well ahead of McGuinty in advanced polls. After 3? terms, there is probably McGuinty fatigue.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

Quick

Banned
Thanks to this thread for letting me know about AnimeXtreme. I found a DVD I've been looking for for ages, and I was able to get it at a fairly cheaper price.

I'm not a huge Anime fan, so I was really more weirded out with the stuff than excited. The employees were also quite nice and helpful.

Stet

Banned
Any theatre geeks that are attending Fringe right now should know that The Godot Cycle is in hour 46 of a 54-hour marathon of two actors performing Waiting for Godot in an improvised theatre space in the parking garage of Honest Ed's. The final performance will end at or about midnight.

If you can't make it, though, you can watch the live webcam: http://www.ustream.tv/channels/thegodotcycle/

(They're in an intermission right now, but will be right back with what I think is their 24th consecutive performance.)

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
BigJonsson said:
Damn its hot today

Not just today, what the fuck has been up with the weather, holy crap. If I go out to see a girl, I'd prefer it if my underwear wasn't soaked through with sweat.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I went to Toronto for like a week last week and it was hottt. I miss the sun because I am now back at Vancouver where there is no sun or heat at all this summer =_=

Quick

Banned
I'm finally home. Seriously, fuck this heat. I spent the day walking around downtown, and that was a terrible idea. I think I lost weight from all my walking and the sweat I gushed out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates this heat. Sometimes I feel like I'm the weird one when you're doing 20kph on the highway and the radio personalities keep talking about how "fantastic" and "perfect" this weather is. They're fucking crazy, along with everyone on CP24 and CityTV. CBC gets it: OPPRESSIVE.

Top Bottom