• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Totally Unnecessary Farewell Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

I've always thought that "I'm leaving the forum" threads were rather pretentious, and the temporary ones even more so.

But that's not stopping me from making one myself. :p

In 12 hours, I'm leaving for the Dominican Republic for a month. It's part volunteer work, part vacation. The first two weeks is spent doing development work in rural villages, and the second two weeks is touristy stuff like scuba diving, white water rafting, and horseback riding.

So good-bye for now, be back in a month. My biggest regret is that I won't be on here to laugh at BigJohnson when the Conservatives spank his precious Liberals in the election ;)

Okay, actually, my biggest regret is that I'll miss Spiderman 2, but I'll get over it.

Later all.

evil ways

Check your wallet anytime you are near any whorish looking, local women and don't drink anything besides Presidente beers and bottled water, and you'll be fine.

Dujour

Banned
IJoel said:
While you're at it, cross over to PR and enjoy an even better island.

*runs*

And it's smaller and a part of north america; no culture diffrence there, you'll love it! :D A Pordo Reeco, hoo~

Later, Boogie. Come back safe.

evil ways

Serafitia said:
And it's smaller and a part of north america; no culture diffrence there, you'll love it! :D A Pordo Reeco, hoo~

Later, Boogie. Come back safe.

Yeah but it sucks. We have no Best Buy, Circuit City, or Fry's, and sometimes movies get pushed for a week or two due to shitty foreign film festivals. Plus it's hot, so hot that I wish I could sit all day with a hose spraying over me.

IJoel

evil ways said:
Yeah but it sucks. We have no Best Buy, Circuit City, or Fry's, and sometimes movies get pushed for a week or two due to shitty foreign film festivals. Plus it's hot, so hot that I wish I could sit all day with a hose spraying over me.

Go to the beach! :p

I know how that is. ;)

Where do you live (town)?

Good luck, Boogie. I bet you can single handedly conquer that country. When you announce yourself supreme commander and you're looking for a royal advisor, remember me.

Boogie

Teh Hamburglar said:
Good luck, Boogie. I bet you can single handedly conquer that country. When you announce yourself supreme commander and you're looking for a royal advisor, remember me.

Thanks Ham, sounds do-able as long as some exotic tropical disease doesn't do me in.

And thanks all, I'll be sure to put up a thread full of pictures from the trip when I get back.

Socreges

Banned
Just before you leave, you may notice that the Liberals have gone back up in the polls, narrowly beating the Conservatives. :)

Btw, lots of sexy women in the Dominican Republic! Let's see you come back a man! ;) Have a good time, Boogie.

Boogie

Socreges said:
Just before you leave, you may notice that the Liberals have gone back up in the polls, narrowly beating the Conservatives. :)

Aww, nuts.

Btw, lots of sexy women in the Dominican Republic! Let's see you come back a man! ;) Have a good time, Boogie.

Heh, well, we'll see ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom