• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Colin can be an idiot a lot but other than that it's a decent watch. Balances out daily show I suppose.

Joe

i like the show a lot. whenever i see it on i have to watch it. i think i may be alone on that one though, it gets a lot of hate here.

MaddenNFL64

Yeah, I watch it from time to time. Some of the comedian pundit wannabes are pretty good, and I do get a laugh every now & then. I really don't know if Colin Quinn is an idiot, or of average intelligence though, as it varies show to show, or even segment to segment :p.

Belfast

I dunno, its kind of weird, but I think it gets WAYYYYYY too much undue hate, mostly from Colin Quinn haters. OMG, he mumbles! OK, get over it now, and listen to what he *does* have to say. Its really not a bad show and it can be entertaining when the comics actually go after eachother. I actually feel its been slipping a bit recently, but still, I'm not going to sit here and hate on it for irrational reasons.

Personally I think that the Daily Show and Tough Crowd make a even blend. I love their everyday man approach on the show. The bueaty of the show is that it is the opposite of what it proclaims. That show is the most integrated show on the planet. Colin Quinn is a comic player, he isn't super funny but he is like the godfather of comedy kinda like a new age (less funny) Alan King.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I really don't like the racist jokes and liberal spin! I like my media coverage fair, balanced and not funny.

Great show. It provides a good counter to The Liberal Show with Jon Liberalson.

Also I really like that half the time all they do is harass each other and call each other supid. Reminds me of my friends and I, because you know they're doing it all in good fun. The guys on Tough Crowd just have so much vitrol in them, it's fantastic.

Also, I'm starting to believe that standing > sitting.

Sorry for the Colin Quinn Lovers here, but if it weren't for him, I would watch it more often. He really doesn't add too much, stumbles over his jokes, he kills the momentum, and I have never really even chuckled from something he has said. I really hate it when someone says something, and he threatens to beat them. I don't understand why he keeps doing that, its not funny if you do it 50 times an episode. I dunno, I think they should just get a better comidian moderator, but thats my personal opinion. I truely think Quinn ruins the show.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Except for the occasional funny guest, it's terrible. I have better things to do than watch four people insult each other's mothers, genitalia, or any other similar types of hilariously original personal attacks.

I also find Colin Quinn tremendously unfunny, as well as irritating to listen to just because of his constant slurring.

impirius

Quinn can be great once he settles down into a groove. That just doesn't happen as often as it should. ;) I'm a fan of the shows without sketches; everyone doesn't have to shout over the crowd to get their piece in since there's more time. The sketches are usually a waste, anyway.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
For some reason I keep giving it a chance, but really, it's a pretty unfunny show. I'm always surprised it hasn't been cancelled and yet...on tape it seems like after all this time they still don't know what their doing and end up with all these akward pauses and unfunny moments in every single episode. Quinn must have a relative at CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom