• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys N Joys

NotMSRP

Is this online store good? Bad? Happy experiences? Horror stories? I remember hearing some negative stories from a store with a similar name but not sure if this is the one and the same.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NotMSRP said:
Is this online store good? Bad? Happy experiences? Horror stories? I remember hearing some negative stories from a store with a similar name but not sure if this is the one and the same.

Yes, that's the one. Man, I'm having Dreamcast flashbacks here.

I bought a premodded GBA from them with the Afterburner light a few years ago. They put the knob to dim the light on the back of the GBA, by the R button when I specifically told them to put it by the volume knob inside the GBA and they emailed me back with something like, "Will do". About a month and a half later I get my GBA with the damn knob on the outside. They'll also charge you a lot for shipping since they're in Hawaii. Anyway, the damn knob broke off and I crazy glued it back on. Now I can't turn the knob. I bought a blue GBA SP around this time last year.

I just ordered Tales of Destiny 2 (Eternia) for 19.99, 26.95 w/shipping. I advise others to do the same, as that is a great price.

Argyle

Damn. I used to work there, a long long time ago...:)

With that said, I don't really have any advice to give you, haven't bought anything from them in some time (and never by mail)...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
All the stories I've heard from message boards are roughly half and half with this place. For some reason, certain orders get through quick and perfect, and others take weeks to stumble in. I have no personal experience with them.

MSRP, what are you getting that (ie.) eBay isn't a good option?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I bought TOPPSX from them a while ago, and didn't have any problems whatsoever, I would definitely buy from them again...

I have ordered from the a few times, and sometimes they even have sent me what I ordered. They are pretty slow, and their games are not always shrink wrapped...

belgurdo

Banned
It's the only place I know of besides shady Japanese dealers on Ebay that sells twin sticks, but I'm not about to drop $100 +crazy Hawaii shipping costs for them

Top Bottom