• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - WTF?

OK, I did the buy two get one free deal several weeks back.

Two weeks ago I return one of the games still wrapped, get the full price for it in return, and then immediately go buy another game.

So, tonight I go to return the second game to pick up another and they refuse to give me the full price for it even though they did two weeks earlier. They only were going to give me $33.33 for it. WTF?

Its no big deal, but I would think they should be a little more consistent with which policy they are going to enforce.

Lee-T

It really depends on who you get returning the games. If you had your receipt many people would give you full credit for the game if it showed you paid $49.99 for them(2 games should be full price and one $0.00 on the B2G1 receipt). Otherwise without a receipt when they go to return it, it will show the price as $33.33 and without a receipt thats what you get.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Marty Chinn said:
What if you have a gift receipt?
Worked fine for me. I had a gift receipt for THUG2, and returned it to pay off my Halo 2 reservation. It was even the free one (so when you rang up the GR it came up as $0.00). No questions asked, I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Lee-T

What if you have a gift receipt?

Thats the tricky part. If its the game you paid $0 for, then when the cashier goes to return it, it will show up as $0(the other games show up as $49.99). In this case, the cashier is only supposed to let you trade it for another game(and mark it as a penny return and set the price of the new game you choose to a penny) and not give you credit, but I know many don't follow this.

Top Bottom