• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trading problems with Pokemon Leaf Green.

I tried to trade between Ruby and Leaf Green but when I try to do it, it says something to the effect of "You can not trade in this region" or something like that. Anywhoo, I've already got 5 Gym badges in Ruby and 3 in LG so what do I need to do?

You actually need to beat the elite four AND finish the entire extended quest to trade with RuSa. Basically you get to trade once there's absolutely nothing left to do and absolutely no point to it. The fuckers force you to slog through the 40-ish hours with Pidgeys whether you like it or not!

As you can probably tell, this upsets me. :(

kiryogi

Banned
Wha bobby? Is that right? I thought it was just getting the National dex :p Which is just beating the elite 4 first time.

edit: you also must have 60 pokemon. after that talk to Oak for it. :p With national dex, all pokemon are for grabs! So you can trade with any of the advance pokemon

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I have the national pokedex, and it just allows you to capture a few G/S Pokes that begin running around in the wild after you beat the elite four.

The whole point of the extra mission is to retrieve the lost Ruby and Sapphire gems so that you can build some machine with them and "link to other worlds." I've gotten the Ruby so far, and predictably still can't trade until I get the Sapphire, which it looks like won't be happening for quite a while.

cvxfreak

This portion of the game irritated me to no end. I wish they inserted some level cap in trading rather than make us wait till the very end of the game to allow trading. One badge, level 10 cap and so on. The cap would stop with the eighth badge. I really hated this part. :(

Still better off than Pokemon Colosseum though; in that you would need National Dex plus you have to beat PokeCol. Imagine Pokemon FR/LG with battles twice-three times as long just because of the attack animations. UGH

Oh well, my LG team is rock solid anyway. Snorlax sleep powers dominate.

EDIT: And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get the R/S plates before you have to fight the Elite Four again? I can see some of the R/S guys coming in handy for those Lv70+ battles.

john tv

I'm looking for the Sapphire stone now; I already got the Ruby one. My Pokedex is at 98, my game clock at 54 hours... I can't stop playing! It's too addictive!

...Which reminds me, I need to go pick up my copy of Emerald. Anyone played it yet? Any impressions?

Top Bottom