• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers 40th anniversary project by Studio Trigger

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Balling Slam Dunk GIF

Fuck yeah.

Doom85

Looks miles better than that zoomer cgi crap that's coming out.

Got confused at first until I read the last part, I thought you were talking shit about Transformers Prime, which while I never finished (got up to Season 2 IIRC), I remember enjoying. Granted, as long as you utilize Starscream well, it‘s hard for me to hate a Transformers entry that at least does that, and Prime definitely did him justice.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Damn... I'm not a Transformer guy, but this is some seriously cool animation. I may have to check this movie out...
It’s so good. Like 90 minutes of nonstop action, kickass 80s music, characters getting killed, stuff exploding, even has a swear word in it. It’s like pure concentrated 80s action cartoon awesomeness.

Also has a ridiculously overqualified VA cast (Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, Eric Idle, and others).

Shit, I need to watch this again sometime soon.

It’s so good. Like 90 minutes of nonstop action, kickass 80s music, characters getting killed, stuff exploding, even has a swear word in it. It’s like pure concentrated 80s action cartoon awesomeness.

Also has a ridiculously overqualified VA cast (Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, Eric Idle, and others).

Shit, I need to watch this again sometime soon.

The thing however is that it throws you directly into the show without even explaining anything as it assumes you are already a fan. If you get at least some episodes under your belt from the original (Seasons One and Two) you'd be able to get some of the whiplash that was this movie as many of us did as kids.

The Hasbro Pulse channel on youtube has every episode available.

RSLAEV

That's a lot of Transformers that I've never seen. Did anyone catch any Beast Machines characters in there?

that's a really cool music video/movie. sent it to a friend who's really into Transformers and he'll probably be really hyped about it.

also, when are we getting this one? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Dutchy

never been a transformers fan in even the slightest but from the outside looking in I can't deny how when done right, the aestethics look so fucking badass. whats the best transformers game out there as of now, gaf?

Doom85

never been a transformers fan in even the slightest but from the outside looking in I can't deny how when done right, the aestethics look so fucking badass. whats the best transformers game out there as of now, gaf?

Transformers: Devastation easily.

sbIuH7W.jpeg
FD5hKqO.jpeg
Otg26RQ.jpeg

It’s got that sweet gameplay one would expect from Platinum, and the art style is great.

Warning: due to license expirations or whatever, this game is not available digitally anymore. Amazon has the PS3 and Xbone copies for a reasonable price, but the PS4 version, not so much.

ManaByte

Gold Member

So from people who have seen it, the movie is canon to the Bumblebee reboot universe in the end:

At the end of the movie when they acquire their T-Cogs they end up in the designs used in the Bumblebee/Rise of the Beast reboot universe. Ironhide and Arcee are 100% identical to how they look in the live action movies.

John Bilbo

sbIuH7W.jpeg
FD5hKqO.jpeg
Otg26RQ.jpeg

It’s got that sweet gameplay one would expect from Platinum, and the art style is great.

Warning: due to license expirations or whatever, this game is not available digitally anymore. Amazon has the PS3 and Xbone copies for a reasonable price, but the PS4 version, not so much.
I was looking to buy Devastation a while ago. Some key sites still have keys, but with absurd pricing.

aBPm2i9.png

sbIuH7W.jpeg
FD5hKqO.jpeg
Otg26RQ.jpeg

Seconded, great game for a GEN1 fan and iconic Transformers.

The Stig

sbIuH7W.jpeg
FD5hKqO.jpeg
Otg26RQ.jpeg

SO GLAD I got it on steam on release

ReBurn

Gold Member

sbIuH7W.jpeg
FD5hKqO.jpeg
Otg26RQ.jpeg

I have it on disc for Xbox One. I got it for $5 out of a Redbox kiosk. After it being pulled I'm glad to have it, even if it's disc only. I have the PS4 version in my PS+ monthly games library but that's not the same.

Top Bottom