• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Binaltech BT-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

Well Takara has started taking preorders for the BT-09. This time its the mini-cooper car. If you head over to the site http://www.miniusa.com/crm/mini_entrance.jsp you will see a flash movie of the robot. Supposedly you can go on the site and customize the robot. Anyway, this new Binaltech should be shipping in Japan this fall and it will be about US$49.00

pr060big.jpg

xsarien

daedsiluap
Just as a warning: As of now, this is really, really, really unconfirmed. The fact that this guy's taking pre-orders is notable, though, as he's not some fly-by-night operation.

Still, don't get peeved if your order gets cancelled.

aparisi2274

Well since takara is taking preorders, and so is Bigbadtoystore, as well as NCS, and mini cooper has a flash movie and a section to designing your own robot, I would say it seems pretty likely that we would get this as BT-09, and since the mini is a small car, if they release a yellow version, it could possibly be Bumblebee, since VW will not allow Takara to use the bug as a model for the car.

Who knows though.

xsarien

daedsiluap
aparisi2274 said:
Well since takara is taking preorders, and so is Bigbadtoystore, as well as NCS, and mini cooper has a flash movie and a section to designing your own robot

From what I've read, it's part of a viral marketing campaign - of sorts - about a guy who made his own transforming Mini Cooper from a real one. I'd say the chances are 50/50; stores sometimes jump the gun, although I'd like some kind of link showing Takara themselves are getting ready to sell it to stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom