• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers Victory (the Japanese series) HasLab G1 Deathsaurus figure

Knowing that there are a lot of Transformers fans on here I just wanted to mention that Haslab's crowdfunding for Deathsaurus, the big bad Decepticon Leader in the G1 Japanese series Victory has met the initial backing to be produced and now just has to reach the next two tiers (with the first tier on the verge of being passed).

This is a follow up to last years crowdfunding for the main Autobot hero of that series, Star Saber, which is about to ship to it's backers.

Considering that these Haslab's will NOT be showing up in stores and ONLY going to those who back it I figured that there'd be a few GAFfers that would at least want to know and take a look as the figure for Deathsaurus looks incredible for a non-Masterpiece (and non 3rd Party) toy.

F8340_PROD_TRA_HASLAB_0007_2000x.jpg

As of this posting there's still just a little over 11 days left to back this amazing Giant Metal Death Chicken looking figure.

Last edited:

LQX

I was a huge Transformers kid growing up but somehow the Victory series passed me by and I had no idea it existed until well after. That said, I jumped on the Saber Haslab so Deathsaurus is must as they will look great together.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I love the transformers but this toy looks shit.. (ok not robot mode looks kinda cool, but the chicken T-rex)
I mean action figure

Last edited:
WTF does he transform into? A fat hipped griffin with stumpy forelegs? Or did Godzilla fuck a Gundam?

Supposed(ly) a dragon griffin from what is now officially stated but from what I recall it was some type of old Japanese folk demon.

Still doesn't stop fans from calling it things like the space chicken or metal death chicken. Transformation from what I saw of the original toy is similar to G1 Grimlock with a few extra steps for the wings, tail and arms.

I just want a G1 Optimus Prime

There are a number of choices out there at the moment:

Legends Scale -

Legends Scale -

Legends Scale -

Masterpiece Scale -

Masterpiece Scale -

Last edited:
Just to remind those that might have an interest in this that there are only a few more days left. The first tier has been reached for the extra weaponry and blast effects.

Also, just to give a size comparison into how big this figure is:

upload_2022-11-29_10-10-42-png.29730375

The figure in the middle is Hound from the Siege toyline.

This is how big that figure is next to a can of soda:

YKdms12.png

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Looks great! I'd I had the money I would've bought some many GT MP's!!!!! Lovely

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Just to remind those that might have an interest in this that there are only a few more days left. The first tier has been reached for the extra weaponry and blast effects.

Also, just to give a size comparison into how big this figure is:

upload_2022-11-29_10-10-42-png.29730375

The figure in the middle is Hound from the Siege toyline.

This is how big that figure is next to a can of soda:

YKdms12.png
It’s true Americans will measure with anything except imperial.

How many cm’s is that ?

Yeah but why next to a coke can?

Are rulers banned now ?

If I were to haphazard a guess it's likely that the size of a can of soda is universal around the world and easy enough to imagine. Meaning the realization of the size of the object next to the coke can is much more immediate.

Besides, it's been done more than a few times in the TF fandom.

3634984c79.jpg

06020bc2ab.jpg

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
If I were to haphazard a guess it's likely that the size of a can of soda is universal around the world and easy enough to imagine. Meaning the realization of the size of the object next to the coke can is much more immediate.

Besides, it's been done more than a few times in the TF fandom.

3634984c79.jpg

06020bc2ab.jpg
I dont honestly know of coke can sizes are universal around the world. It’s why I prefer rulers. Because you can get a sense of scale. Maybe I’m just weird. Lol.

83e.jpg

This is it, a little less than 24 hours to go for those who are interested or who are on the fence.

The good news is the second Tier has been unlocked so the throne and stand will be included. So that is Deathsaurus himself, the weaponry and mace and the aforementioned throne/stand.

I know that some may be wondering why the thread bump again but I know there will be those who either had it slipped their mind or may have not have seen some of the above due to how inactive the thread is compared to others. I also know that if I were in that position I'd be kicking myself for missing this and at the very least contemplate if I actually wanted it or not.

lighter

lighter

ReBurn

Gold Member
83e.jpg

This is it, a little less than 24 hours to go for those who are interested or who are on the fence.

The good news is the second Tier has been unlocked so the throne and stand will be included. So that is Deathsaurus himself, the weaponry and mace and the aforementioned throne/stand.

I know that some may be wondering why the thread bump again but I know there will be those who either had it slipped their mind or may have not have seen some of the above due to how inactive the thread is compared to others. I also know that if I were in that position I'd be kicking myself for missing this and at the very least contemplate if I actually wanted it or not.

lighter

lighter
He sits on a throne of poo

Been a year since this successful Haslab was funded and they are now shipping out. Got mine in earlier today so anyone who ordered here should getting theirs soon (though i heard a delay happened for those in Europe - UK backers got emails stating deliveries to start in February).

Some pictures:
SLnKL7O.png
rPVt90k.png

Sucker is big too. Some pictures with other TF figures to come out in the last few years.

d6dTudF.png
m1Rp91J.png
LLs1IVF.png

With last years Haslab Star Saber (minus Victory, another Autobot that can combine with Star Saber but I have him elsewhere at the moment).

SuvqEXT.png

BjGBDOD.png
xxm7Pbr.png
hxSiCez.png
tgia0Bp.png

In fiddling with him excellent posability with arm and knee bends going past 90 degrees. An ab crunch is included (though its a bit more than "slight") and he has butterfly joints in his arms. I have yet to transform him into his Kaiju mode but so far I can't help but say he was well worth backing last year.

Last edited:
Looks good.

AJUMP, I was looking at ealrier responses and you mentioned wanting a G1 Optimus Prime. You are in luck:

Redone G1 1984 Optimus Prime officially done by Takara Tomy in which they have been not only completely retooled but have added articulation to them. The first one is based on the toy with trailer while the second has cartoon animation coloring but no trailer.

And as 2024 is the 40th year of the franchise it was recently discovered that next years Studio Series 86 line's Commander Class slot will be Optimus Prime.

Got him into his Kaiju mode.

As weird and as funny it sounds (or looked in pictures, hence the nickname Metal Death Chicken or Space Chicken) it really looks great in person.

Here he is facing off with Studio Series 86 Grimlock.

TVvBRnc.png
NEG8cXS.png
zSQQ1y8.png
3JaCfBL.png
J6HE2rM.png

Last edited:
Remember when transformers were made of metal?
Remember Stephen King GIF by CBS All Access

Unfortunately die cast isn't used on mainline Transformers and is limited to their Masterpiece line or separate third party toys.

Hell, some KOs of the official mainline stuff are improved versions that have added some diecast into the design.

Top Bottom