• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers Wallpaper!!! (Those who know the history, will love this one!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot off the press boys, here's my latest wallpaper. It's of Primus. Who is Primus, you say? Well basically, within the Transformers mythos, he's Cybertron. You see, at the beginning of our universe, a god-like interdimensional being called The One, created two beings to explore this new universe. Those two beings were Unicron (who became evil-Chaos), and Primus (called the god of Light-Order). Primus, eventually decided to stay in planet mode, and to use part of his life-force (his Spark), to create the Transformers, and then eventually the Matrix (as a type of guiding force, as well as a weapon against Unicron.

Anywho, this wallpaper is of Primus. Enjoy.

PRIMUS-Blue

PRIMUS-Red

I added all the effects and highlights, as well as an enormous amount of color correction (particularly for Cybertron, which was orange in the original pic I scanned in). And, for any Transformers fans here, I'm sure you'll recognize the shots from the Movie.

I'll be making a Unicron wallpaper next.

(oh, and thanks to those who helped me out yesterday with my Photoshop questions)

mrmyth

What.The.Hell?

I was under the impression that Primus had never been shown in robot form. From whence did this illustration come?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is some great work, I'm going to use it as my background right now. Thanks a lot.

mrmyth said:
What.The.Hell?

I was under the impression that Primus had never been shown in robot form. From whence did this illustration come?

It's from this book. It details their entire history. I highly suggest buying it if you're a Transformers fan.

Oh, and thanks foor the compliments guy, I glad you like it. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
The Promised One said:
You see, at the beginning of our universe, a god-like interdimensional being called The One, created two beings to explore this new universe. Those two beings were Unicron (who became evil-Chaos), and Primus (called the god of Light-Order).

It seemed like every season of TF had a different origin story. What about Vector Sigma? And what did the Quintessons (sp?) have to do with the creation of the transformers.

And I thought in season three there was an episode with an energy sucking monster who was supposedly created by the same person as Unicron?

And what of the term Gestault? Is that from Transformers, or is it a general term?

That's a cool looking book, gonna have to pick it up.

Oh, awesome pics, thanks.

mrmyth

Have to grab that book - I already have the ones on Spidey and the X-Men. Didn't realize there was a TF one, too.

And the word gestalt has always meant something that is different or greater than than the sum of its parts. It isn't TF-specific, it just fits the combiner teams perfectly.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I never knew Cybertron was a bot and I've been watching Transformers since Season 1. I've learned something today. Thanks.

bjork

Would you mind if I posted this on a Transformers forum I frequent? I think it'd be well received there.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
mrmyth said:
And the word gestalt has always meant something that is different or greater than than the sum of its parts. It isn't TF-specific, it just fits the combiner teams perfectly.

thanks... was it ever actaully used in the show, comics, and/or toyline... or is it something used by fans?

bjork said:
Would you mind if I posted this on a Transformers forum I frequent? I think it'd be well received there.

Feel free. All I ask is that you let them know who made it, and give me a link to the thread you make.

mrmyth

Defensor said:
Interesting, I don't remember Primus looking like that(my memory is fading). Nice picture though.

I don't remember him looking like anything. There weren't any robot pictures before, to my knowledge. There were humanoid ones, I think, but not once he was a Transformer.

Shompola

Banned
ehh I don't know. alt.toys.transformers has allways been a shit hole as far as I remember. A bunch of uptight whiners there since atleast 2000 when I started to show some interest in that shit hole.

TigerKnee

Transformer.JPG

Vormund

The Promised One said:
It's from this book. It details their entire history. I highly suggest buying it if you're a Transformers fan.

Oh, and thanks foor the compliments guy, I glad you like it. :D

OMG I HAVE TO BUY THIS

Takuan

This is why I love Dreamwave's Transformers series. The art is fantastic. I've love to get this in 1024x768 resolution.

Trans1Incent.jpg

Desperado

bjork said:
You sound like someone who got banned or something. :p

haha no, I've never even posted there...I don't post at any TF forums actually, I just read them for news...but bottalk does suck, it's the truth.

bjork

Desperado said:
haha no, I've never even posted there...I don't post at any TF forums actually, I just read them for news...but bottalk does suck, it's the truth.

It's just like this forum, imo. Got your weirdo elitists, people who work for the companies, avid colelctors, and your usual batches of lurkers, etc.

Desperado

bjork said:
It's just like this forum, imo. Got your weirdo elitists, people who work for the companies, avid colelctors, and your usual batches of lurkers, etc.

Reasons I don't venture into the Gaming forum here very often. =P

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Bowser said:
I've asked you time and again where you got it from, but to no avail :(
On the old board, I did say it was a scan from the Laser Disc tv series back on bigbot.com.

Defensor said:
On the old board, I did say it was a scan from the Laser Disc tv series back on bigbot.com.

You mean they actually put the series on Laser-Disc, or it was an entirely different series, on Laser-Disc?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
The Promised One said:
You mean they actually put the series on Laser-Disc, or it was an entirely different series, on Laser-Disc?
A couple of years ago, Takara released the first and 2nd tv series of the Transformers on Laserdisc(a bit expensive too). It came with some great artwork and other pictures. Kinda weird they released it as a Autobot and Destron sets for Laserdisc.

maharg

idspispopd
Ok so since there are people who supposedly 'know the history' here, could someone explain to me if there's any sane way to connect the old show (G1 I suppose) to the new ones (Armada and Energon)? I've kind of avoided re-seeing any of the old show episodes because I fear they won't live up to nostalgia, but even so it all seems rather messy.

Like, there's a Rodimus guy in Energon who is obviously not HotRod/Rodimus Prime from the movie, and is this Optimus the same as in the old shows?

Note: I pretty much know how the Mainframe series (BeastWars/BeastMachines) connect, however.

luxsol

maharg said:
Ok so since there are people who supposedly 'know the history' here, could someone explain to me if there's any sane way to connect the old show (G1 I suppose) to the new ones (Armada and Energon)? I've kind of avoided re-seeing any of the old show episodes because I fear they won't live up to nostalgia, but even so it all seems rather messy.

Like, there's a Rodimus guy in Energon who is obviously not HotRod/Rodimus Prime from the movie, and is this Optimus the same as in the old shows?

Note: I pretty much know how the Mainframe series (BeastWars/BeastMachines) connect, however.
You can't connect them! Two different things altogether.
Armada and Energo = purely Japanese
Generation 1 = Marvel written/Japanese animated.
Beast Wars/Machines uses some history from comic and some from the cartoon.

yeah i have the newer release of the movie on laser-disc and it has the same picture but it is smaller and black & white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom