• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H injures neck, prayers answered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil ways

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=9581&p=1

Triple H injured his neck at the Raw taping this past Monday with the injury being so bad that at one point, he collapsed backstage.

According to several sources, the initial injury occurred during Triple H's handicap match against Hurricane and Rosey when Rosey legdropped H and landed on his neck and head. At one point, it was thought Triple H may have had suffered a concussion as well, but we don't have the concussion confirmed at this time.

After the handicap match, H spent a lot of time backstage icing down his neck and keeping a towel around it. He went back out for the show closing angle with Jim Ross and WWE World champion Batista and reaggravated the neck injury while taking a bump during the segment, as he collapsed upon arrival backstage at the gorilla position after the angle.

It is believed that Triple H's injury was the reason why the scheduled dark match main event (Shawn Michaels and Batista vs. Ric Flair and Triple H) was canceled. John Borchardt, who attended the Raw taping, sent word on Tuesday morning that Earl Hebner ran down from the back and yelled to ring announcer Lillian Garcia that there was no tag match.

It also appears Triple H's neck injury may have prevented Stepanie McMahon from traveling to Louisville, Kentucky with other members of WWE management and the creative team today to scout WWE's developmental talent in Ohio Valley Wrestling. The scouting went on for about four hours during this afternoon's training session, with the writers heading home prior to tonight's OVW TV taping.

hallelujah.jpg

After the handicap match, H spent a lot of time backstage icing down his neck and keeping a towel around it. He went back out for the show closing angle with Jim Ross and WWE World champion Batista and reaggravated the neck injury while taking a dump during the segment, as he collapsed upon arrival backstage at the gorilla position after the angle.

:O

MC Safety

Yeah, I don't like the guy. That doesn't mean I want to see him hurt or think the Schadenfreude is in any way warranted.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
So he just gave up the belt.. and now he made be sidelined with an injury.. that awesome!

Waychel

Banned
I have no idea who this guy is because I know nothing about wrestling and other sports stuff, but that is really horrible. Neck injuries aren't funny; if it is serious, then he could be disabled for life and wrought with chronic pain like this. I hope that he gets better and has good insurance. Never pleasing to hear news like this about anyone...

Also, what a way to break your neck... having a girl named "Rosey" landing her ass on it. D= LOLLL

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Waychel said:
I have no idea who this guy is because I know nothing about wrestling and other sports stuff, but that is really horrible. Neck injuries aren't funny; if it is serious, then he could be disabled for life and wrought with chronic pain like this. I hope that he gets better and has good insurance. Never pleasing to hear news like this about anyone...

Also, what a way to break your neck... having a girl named "Rosey" landing her ass on it. D= LOLLL

Rosey's a guy.. a fat samoan guy...

But yeh neck injuries are'nt funny.. quad injuries on the other hand..

kevinnash.jpg

Waychel

Banned
What kind of buff wrestler guy in pleather has the name "Rosey". D=

No wonder he's smashing necks with his butt; just think of what he had to go through as a child! :lol :lol :lol

(Sorry to anyone who's his #1 fan or anything like that -- I can't help teasing sometimes.) :lol

FightyF

Banned
Yeah, sounds like a prayer was answered, because if it were a leg injury, for example, he'd still be involved in the tapings and such. Now it sounds like he's gonna have to sit out for a while.

I'm sick of HHH and his power plays too, but cheering what could be a serious injury is shitty. Especially since he went back out there and took a bump after being hurt...at least give him props for that.

Rosey is so fucked.

Waychel said:
What kind of buff wrestler guy in pleather has the name "Rosey". D=

No wonder he's smashing necks with his butt; just think of what he had to go through as a child! :lol :lol :lol

(Sorry to anyone who's his #1 fan or anything like that -- I can't help teasing sometimes.) :lol
that's not rosey in the pic

this is rosey ->
rosey.jpg

Shinobi

Hitman said:
Rosey's a guy.. a fat samoan guy...

But yeh neck injuries are'nt funny.. quad injuries on the other hand..

kevinnash.jpg

:lol All of a sudden I've got Chariots of Fire playing in my head...

Zaptruder

Banned
After the handicap match, H spent a lot of time backstage icing down his neck and keeping a towel around it. He went back out for the show closing angle with Jim Ross and WWE World champion Batista and reaggravated the neck injury while taking a dump during the segment, as he collapsed upon arrival backstage at the gorilla position after the angle.

A dump as in a shit? That must've been one hell of a bowel movement...

:lol I'm sure he meant bump.

I'll be happy if I don't see HHH on Raw for a while. It's about time to get someone else in the heavyweight title scene

The human glass ceiling has been broken... GODS BE PRAISED!

This just mena he'll leave for about 8 months, come back at the Rumble.. win that and make Dave pick up dog poo for his wife. Right Jericho?

Kenobi

Knowing the WWF, they might do an angle where even with a broken neck he'll win the title, but before that he'll be the "good guy" again, and then they will erase anything Austin did with a broken neck, because Trips is now, Mr. Steph McMahon.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Somebody post that pic of Nash with his skinny ass legs.

LakeEarth

Kenobi said:
Knowing the WWF, they might do an angle where even with a broken neck he'll win the title, but before that he'll be the "good guy" again, and then they will erase anything Austin did with a broken neck, because Trips is now, Mr. Steph McMahon.

Cue "My Sacrifice" video #1472

Raw64life

Rajah.com said:
As reported, Triple H suffered a neck injury on Monday’s RAW after Rosey landed on him with a hip bump. The injury was so serious that the Game collapsed backstage. This also prompted Stephanie McMahon to cancel her traveling plans to Chicago’s SmackDown tapings and a trip to OVW today.

At this point it is believed that the injury was a just a stinger and not serious enough to sideline Triple H or cancel his in-ring time. As of this report, he is still expected to wrestle on Monday night’s Madison Square Garden show.

Rajah.com(+1) said:
As reported, Triple H suffered a neck injury on Monday’s RAW after Rosey landed on him with a hip bump. The injury was so serious that the Game collapsed backstage. This also prompted Stephanie McMahon to cancel her traveling plans to Chicago’s SmackDown tapings and a trip to OVW today which could possiably have resulted in a better show and maybe some good talent will manage to get a push.

At this point it is believed that the injury was a just a stinger and not serious enough to sideline Triple H or cancel his in-ring time. As of this report, he is still expected to wrestle on Monday night’s Madison Square Garden show, where he will pit his skills an overweight 50 year old announder that can barly walk

Rating are expected to skyrocket!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
you cant hate on a guy who took a MASSIVE bump with a neck injury. but If he takes Daves title away so help me, there is a tire iron with his name on it.

FightyF

Banned
I wouldn't cheer about something like this...that's just me though.

But if we heard that Stephanie McMahon was having an affair though, I'd be whistling a happy tune, I'll admit. An affair with...Lita. Yeah.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Kobun Heat said:
:_:

I like Trips...
You would. :p

As much as I disapprove of Hunter dominating the Raw main event, there's no way in hell I'd cheer for him to suffer a debilitating neck injury. Not cool. I clapped harder than anyone when he came back from the torn quad injury, and I hope he comes through this with flying colours. Honestly, he's grown on me considerably over the past year despite always having the belt - doing the job at two Wrestlemania's in a row (cleanly) doesn't hurt.

That said...this may clear up the main event scene considerably over the next year during his rehab. A top heel who can't take any bumps is useless to the company, and everybody knows it. They should run a HUGE injury angle to keep him off tv for a while.

yeah, i dont like the guy much post dx days but neck injuries arnt very funny.

Neck injurys also signfy what could be the begining of the end (austin, angle, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom