• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV for gaming outside

I have a great PC setup in my house. But, I'm currently trying to set up something for gaming on my back porch. So I have two questions:

1. What is a good option to stream from my PC to a TV? My porch is about 50 feet away. I'm assuming the easiest bet is to stream from steam link to my TV. Is this a good option? Or should I but a really long HDMI cord from my PC to my back patio.

2. Should I go for a certain TV for my back patio? I'll mostly be playing at night, but should I go for a TV that has high brightness if I want to have it outside? For reference, I play PC games on an OLED in the house, but I assume I should not have another outside. Should I go for a QLED for outside with better brightness? I haven't looked into TV technology for a while besides OLED bc it's what I like. But I know this would not be optimal for an outdoor entertainment area. I'd love some recommendations.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Moonlight/sunshine is much better than steamlink. You just need a good wifi signal on your porch and preferably your computer hardwired.
As for outdoor TVs I think they cost several thousand on top of the regular TV price, but I have no experience with them.

Top Bottom