• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two 'CSI' Stars Fired, Search Is Underway For Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://cbs4.com/topstories/topstories_story_197201307.html

Okay CBS, remember what happened in the early 80's, don't make the same mistakes

newdukes.jpg

ShadowRed

Banned
CSI is an ensamble cast show, much like ER. You can plug in new people and not miss much of a beat. Anyhow shouldn't they have look over to their castmate David Caruso and realized what acting a fool on a hit show will get you.

Teddman

ShadowRed said:
Anyhow shouldn't they have look over to their castmate David Caruso and realized what acting a fool on a hit show will get you.
Yeah, good ratings... CSI: Miami is doing well, iirc. Same for a guy like Rick Shroder on NYPD Blue.

ShadowRed

Banned
Teddman said:
Yeah, good ratings... CSI: Miami is doing well, iirc. Same for a guy like Rick Shroder on NYPD Blue.

No I ment David Caruso was on NYPD Blue at first before he got all bigheaded and thought he didn't need the show and left for that fantasy movie career every TV star has delusions of. He got lucky that he lucked out and got on a second hit TV show. Ask Denise Crosby, Valerie Harper, Susans Summers, and a host of other, what usually happens when you bite the hand that feeds up.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Whatever you do, DON'T RECAST, just create new characters.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
There more I read into this, the more stupid I call CBS.

While I don't know what they are making per episode, using fear never works right when it comes to buisness.

Unless it was an outrageous amount, its not worth messing with your top rated show, especially when your company is doing pretty damn well overal.

ShadowRed

Banned
Suikoguy said:
There more I read into this, the more stupid I call CBS.

While I don't know what they are making per episode, using fear never works right when it comes to buisness.

Unless it was an outrageous amount, its not worth messing with your top rated show, especially when your company is doing pretty damn well overal.

I disagree the draw to the show is the pseudo forensic elements not the cast members, evident by the fact that there are what 3 CSI shows. You can plug whatever character you want into the shows so long as people get the feel of watching a murder investigation unfold before there eyes, then the show will be a hit, until the formula gets tires.

Rlan

Wait.. so

jorja_fox_1.jpg

and

254971.jpg

are out of the show? Isn't Fox currently the semi-love interest with the main character, and the other one the main character of the B-Team?

I'm going to have to disagree on this one, because the entire Grissom/Sidle subplot now gets scrubbed, and that was one that's been a central part of the show since the first season.

Also, the competition subplot that's been dangled between Sara and Nick is gone.

AND besides that, I really liked both characters and the actor's approach to them. So I'd definitely say no recasting, just bring in the new characters, or don't even do that, bump Greg up to full time CSI status, and make Grissom and Catherine the main team, with Greg and Warrick the B team and put some new blood in as one of the lab techs.

But this really, really stinks as a big fan of the show, since all the actors had great chemistry.

God, I feel like SUCH a fanboy.

MASB

This is terrible. Those two actors were among the better characters of the show. Though I guess as long as Petersen stays, the show will still have more than some worth. And the interplay/potential between Grissom and Sara is gone. :(

This is horrible news. The two hottest actors on the show, both had great characters, and as mentioned earlier the Grissom/Sidle subplot was great and pretty essential to the plot. I honestly hope CBS isn't being serious about this, or don't recast the parts at least.

Meh, Eads always brought a flutter to my heart, while I've been watching CSI less often this is making me less interested in watching.

Blargh, maybe New York will make up this bullcrap.

Bigfoot

I don't know, I'm sortof glad they got fired. They are making way more than any of us, and once you sign a contract, you don't ask for a raise half way through... that's just greedy.

I think it's stupid for them to demand more money btu then again I don't know how their contracts are, maybe they deserve it. I think it's more stupid for CBS to drop them like that. One of the best things about CSI was the cast of characters. It's what seperates it from CSI Miami where the characters are terrible. CSI >>>>>>>>>>>>. CSI Miami only because of the characters. Miami is a perfect example of how it won't be as good without a good cast.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
HAOHMARU said:
Is there still a CSI:New York? I thought Lt. Dan was supposed to have that show...did it get canceled?
It's coming in the fall.

SKluck

Banned
They are probably getting paid shit. Second string characters in a 7 year contract? Hell, I remember hearing a while back that even Petersen gets paid very little, and he drives the show.

Regardless, they were the least compelling characters on the show. Nick was just... average, funny guy, but had no background to speak of. Sara had some things going on, like the Gil obsession and drunkeness, but she was whiny.

Warrick is awesome, Greg rocks, and Gil and Catherine are ace.

At least they didn't lose any of them.

element

this sucks!!
I'm kinda shocked they had enough balls to not show up, and it to be so bad that production company just flat out fired them.

I know George Eads got into some contract trouble with doing stunts for the Evil Knievel movie on TBS or TNT. So he might have just wanted a way out.

CrunchyB

Boo! Nick wasn't particulary interesting, but he was a solid character.
Letting go of Sara is plain retarded, especially when you take the last episode into account.

My guess, CBS decided to put their foot down right away to prevent a Friends-style bidding war. The series is a big hit, and not just in the US, I'm sure CBS can afford a pay increase.

CSI Miami kinda sucks. The cast is just a horrible cringe-fest of mediocre actors. I watched the first season and most of the second, but it just doesn't work nearly as well as the original series.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
not if it was a breach...

But I'm having trouble understanding how asking for more money constituted a breach... there must be more to it.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Well, one didn't show up for work which could be a breach, but I don't know about Jorja Fox... it didn't say that she didn't show up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I thought it said two were fired and another didn't show up.. nevermind, reread it, still must be more to it though.

Can we have more money?

NO, you're fired!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom