• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Cold Fear (xbox/ps2/pc)

thorns

Banned
"Horror fans are hungry for a compelling new title and we believe our debut action-horror release Cold Fear will bring them strong emotions to say the least...," said Alain Corre, Ubisoft's managing director for Europe, Middle East and Asia. "The game is set in a dynamic environment on a stormy sea, including intense combat, intelligent enemies, and a high element of the shockingly unexpected. Your life jacket won't be sufficient!"

Players step into the role of Tom Hansen, a U.S. Coast Guard who is sent to board a drifting Russian whaling ship in the middle of a howling storm on the Bering Sea, who will discover there is no safe place here. On this constantly rocking and shifting ship and a mysterious oil rig, players must turn their interactive surroundings to their advantage to take down human enemies – and enemies that aren't human any more - and save their own life.

http://www.coldfeargame.com/index.php

screen4.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm already bored by this title.

I know I'm being mean but the marketing gives me nothing to get excited over. The location is interesting and the "dynamic enviroment" sounds like it could be fun.

It's from Darkworks in France (Alone in the Dark IV).

I am not 100% certain, but I think this used to be Antarctica 1902. Started off as a Capcom project.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MassiveAttack said:

I am not 100% certain, but I think this used to be Antarctica 1902. Started off as a Capcom project.

Well...it might be decent then.

Koshiro

That's it, I'm padding my GC with bubblewrap to prepare it for the fall that developers seem determined to oversee.

jarrod

Banned
MassiveAttack said:

Started at Capcom, went to Namco, ends up at UbiSoft? :/

I wonder if Darkworks is still working with Nintendo & Konami on those 'secret' projects?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ha, I remember Carrier.

The Carrier dude!!!

carrier_screen005.jpg

G-Man: TimeSplitters style

carrier_screen009.jpg

Anyone remember the PS2 version that was cancelled?

carrier_screen001.jpg

Top Bottom