• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Tork

PhatSaqs

Banned
http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media/1095787504.html
19.99 anyone? :p
Ubisoft today announced that that they are in development of a high-spirited, fast-paced action-adventure game entitled, Tork: Prehistoric Punk.
“ Tork: Prehistoric Punk is one of the few high-action yet kid-friendly games available for Microsoft’s Xbox™ system,” said Helene Juguet, Ubisoft’s director of marketing in the United States. “With an expected ESRB rating of E for ‘Everyone,’ Tork: Prehistoric Punk will provide great entertainment for kids of all ages.”

Players take on the role of Tork, who is a cave boy that is gifted with magical powers that allow him to travel through time and transform into other creatures. You will travel through 13 levels and gain special abilities and attack modes, learn new tricks and pick up cool age-specific power-ups that will assist you in battling against the large dinosaurs.

Tork: Prehistoric Punk will ship for Xbox in North America in October for a suggested retail price of $19.99.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Since Tiwak was taken over by Ubisoft I was hoping for this announcement! Now it's here and Tork will be out next month! Oh yeah! This are great news!

PhatSaqs

Banned
TXB has the release up and says it releases in January 2005. Not sure whos right. They have what are said to be new screens:

1095790523.jpg

1095790623.jpg

1095790524.jpg

1095790624.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why did I read this as Turok? I must be tired. Anyway, it sounds lame. :p

Although I do kinda like that last screen.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
bobbyconover said:
I playtested this game. It was fucking unbearably bad.

Why? Because it didn't have dancing pandas and a theme song that consisted entirely of a Japanese man singing "laa la la la la lala lala la la la la"?

;)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I played it in 2002 i think, back then i was told it was 50% complete (this was before it got dropped and everything) game was good, nice controls, very pretty and colourful, got a big crash bandicoot vibe from it. I never saw any of the armadillo back then though, or whatever the red thing is (fox i guess) seems things have changed a lot.

PhatSaqs said:
TXB has the release up and says it releases in January 2005. Not sure whos right. They have what are said to be new screens

TeamXbox is right. Ubisoft issued a correction to its press release.

FoneBone

I kind of thought that Ubi would make this into a heavily hyped game, instead of quietly releasing it as a budget title. Guess not.

Top Bottom