• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UDON brings STREET FIGHTER: ETERNAL CHALLENGE to the US!!!

streetfighter.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0407/21/devilsdue.htm

STREET FIGHTER: ETERNAL CHALLENGE

By various.

In celebration of Street Fighter's 15th Anniversary, UDON Entertainment is proud to announce the arrival of the long awaited English translation of Street Fighter: Eternal Challenge. Direct from Capcom Japan, Eternal Challenge is the official, definitive resource for art, information and all things Street Fighter. With unprecedented detail and rare images, Eternal Challenge give English-reading fans, for the first time, an in-depth retrospective on the legendary Street Fighter franchise from Street Fighter I to Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

Eternal Challenge is filled to the brim with development and promo artwork (by legendary Capcom designers including Akiman, Shoei, CRMK, Edayan and Shinkiro), character histories and bios, screen shots, game endings, merchandizing galleries and behind the scenes interviews with creators of the games. Included in the English-language release will also be a brand-new, exclusive chapter detailing the Street Fighter franchise in North America!

270 pages, $29.95.
Awesome!!! :D :D :D

Original Japanese Version

jett

D-Member
MOTHERFUCKER! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINEIMEINEIEM RMEI NEI NNTNM MIENT NIEN!!!11111111

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I hate the Japanese art-style.

That being said, that is one of the most impressively drawn things I have ever seen.

evil ways

That realistic style looks like crap. It reminds me of some of the shitty SNK artwork where everybody is grinning with big teeth and fish eyes.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
evil ways said:
That realistic style looks like crap. It reminds me of some of the shitty SNK artwork where everybody is grinning with big teeth and fish eyes.

yeah it's the same artist. p.s. u suk

belgurdo

Banned
evil ways said:

Shinkirou>>>all Capcom artists except Akiman

Sai

... Mine... mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE MINE, MINE, MINE! O_O

Will it be released alongside SF:AC? Fall '04 is going to be so great...

lordmrw

That will be mine on day one of release, oh yes. And chalk me up as another one who doesn't particularly like Shinkirou's style. I can appreciate it for what it is, but thats about it.

aoi tsuki

Who's the artist that's done SNK fighters for so many years? i'm ashamed to say, i've never known, but i love the work.

neo2046

I have bought the book , and .........

if you are hardcore SF fans like me
you will be a little bit disappointed
lots of artworks are not included in the book
and each SF titles is only written briefly
etc..

well, if you never own any SF book before
and not expect it is a book that is a conclusion of 15 years of SF history
you will be happy

Erik Ko posted this on the SRK.com forums a few weeks ago:

udoneko said:
SF EC US Edition is slightly delayed. The reason being we wanted to put some original contents to it then just doing a direct translation. We want this to be a good companion, as well as a better value than the Japanese original.

Added stuff includes a brand new interview with SHOEI & Kinu-sensei made at San Diego Comic Con, an updated SF merchandise section, etc. We are also gathering the US logos and packaging art in addition to the Japanese logos and packaging seen.

The book should have a cover price of $34.99, with approx 300 pages thick.

It is now schedule to ship late November to early December.

Thanks for your patience!!!

Top Bottom