• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 171 |OT| Ruthless Agression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy

There is no way this is just an 'ok' card. On paper it's probably top 10 UFC cards ever.

Hector Lombard, Diego Sanchez, Tyrone Woodley, Carlos Condit, Johnny Hendricks, and Robbie Lawler all on one card is crazy. I wish they would have put Dan Henderson vs. Shogun II on this card, would have easily been top 5.

There is no way this is just an 'ok' card. On paper it's probably top 10 UFC cards ever.

Hector Lombard, Diego Sanchez, Tyrone Woodley, Carlos Condit, Johnny Hendricks, and Robbie Lawler all on one card is crazy. I wish they would have put Dan Henderson vs. Shogun II on this card, would have easily been top 5.

Every legitimate Co-Main Event fight is either a fight night or fox main event now. Its just how it is from now on.

Maybe we get lucky and get something like a UFC 168 every once in a blue moon.

Spy

Every legitimate Co-Main Event fight is either a fight night or fox main event now. Its just how it is from now on.

Maybe we get lucky and get something like a UFC 168 every once in a blue moon.

On paper this card is easily better than UFC 168.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Completely agree with you there. But even with all the injuries on the Fox event, I don't even think 168 was the best scheduled card that month...or arguably the second best because the Hunt/Silva Fight Night had a lot of fun fights on it too.

Overall? Maybe but in regards to legitimate ppv drawing and noteworthy fights, no.

168 had two top heavyweights in Barnett/Browne, Rousey/Tate rivalry, and Silva/Weidman 2....

This card is basically UFCs version of a Welterweight tournament. Even though Nick Diaz has a better shot at the title than 90% of the fighters on it

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Overall? Maybe but in regards to legitimate ppv drawing and noteworthy fights, no.

168 had two top heavyweights in Barnett/Browne, Rousey/Tate rivalry, and Silva/Weidman 2....

This card is basically UFCs version of a Welterweight tournament. Even though Nick Diaz has a better shot at the title than 90% of the fighters on it

I love Nick Diaz, but I would take every WW on this card over him in a fight with the possible exception of Lawler (And the Shields fight that would never happen anyway). Barnett and Browne were two top heavyweights in rankings but not at all as a draw, and Barnett was never going to be a serious title threat.

Norml

Shields has already beat three of them,Condit,Woodley and Lawler.

Spy

I am from and live in Stockton, CA. Nick Diaz wouldn't be able to handle the current top 5.

Heel

Wow, Kelvin showing true budo instincts. Throwing leather in the pocket while rocked. We may have a champion in the making here. Let's see how he comes out in the 3rd.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
That fight was awesome, fuck the judge that gave it to story.

He made it a fight but he was getting dominated that second round before that punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom