• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK charts. PES4 no.1, Konga makes it in top 20!

Deg

Banned
All top 40
http://www.charttrack.co.uk/html/uk/Software charts/Ent Software (All Prices) Frameset.htm

Full price 40
http://www.charttrack.co.uk/html/uk/Software charts/Ent Software (FP) Frameset.htm

PES is getting stronger and stronger. EA are worried. No doubts there at all. Good to see Konga perform well enough. The lack of extra bongos scared me into thinking this game wouldnt do much. EA have 5 of the top 20 games. Activison have 4, Nintendo 3.

Interesting stuff? Pikmin 2 and Fable are being outsold by Fifa 2005 on Xbox and GC. Simpsons isnt dying...

Solid

1 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 4
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif

Deg

Banned
Konami's PS2-only 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4' topples EA's multi-format 'FIFA 2005' to top the All Formats Entertainment Software Chart, knocking 'FIFA 2005' down to No2 with a difference of only 1,500 units between the two rival football games. 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4' (PS2) achieves the third biggest UK launch week ever, outselling the launch week of 'Championship Manager 4' (PC) and selling 50% more than 'FIFA 2005' (PS2) sold last week. Sales of 'FIFA 2005' across all formats are up 9%, while the only other title in the Top 10 to increase in sales is Activision's well-publicised 'Tony Hawk's Underground 2' (PS2/XB/GC/PC/GBA with GBA and PC new this week) up from No7 to No3.

PES4 3rd biggest UK launch week game(since CT)

Why are you all so happy? Nearly the same thing happens every year. Last year Fifa was released and got to number one then a few weeks after PES knocked it off on it first week of sale Then a few weeks after pes dropped out of the top then while Fifa sat in the top 3 till well after Christmas. Sadly, The same will happen this year again.

On a side note: Boooooooooooooooooooogo!!!!!

king zell

PES deserves to outsell Fifa NO NO it deserves to outsell every other sport game out there!

also nice to see DKa making it to the top 20.. the game arrived today and I finally played it.. what a blast!

Solid

DCharlie said:
any official reason why the PS2 version is not online? :(
I read an interview with SEABASS the other day. He said Live was a much better online service (which seems fair). But he promised PES5 would be online for PS2.

Guess we have to wait and see.. unless Billy G opens his wallet again :p

B E N K E

Seabass knocked the infrastructure of PS2 online pretty heavily. He hoped Sony would sort it out better in time for PES5.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I read an interview with SEABASS the other day. He said Live was a much better online service (which seems fair). But he promised PES5 would be online for PS2.
Guess we have to wait and see.. unless Billy G opens his wallet again :p"

well, to be honest, that would be the 3rd time they'd promised a WE game would be online.

Socreges

Banned
Like someone said, FIFA will be back on top next week. Especially since the difference is apparently just 1500 units. So, Euros continue to be ignorant. Just not nearly as ignorant as North Americans, though we've only had two years to adjust.

Brofist

DCharlie said:
"I read an interview with SEABASS the other day. He said Live was a much better online service (which seems fair). But he promised PES5 would be online for PS2.
Guess we have to wait and see.. unless Billy G opens his wallet again :p"

well, to be honest, that would be the 3rd time they'd promised a WE game would be online.

Man they wont even commit to online in the ineveitable WE8 IE that we all know will come out.

Koshiro

Donkey Konga >>> Pikmin 2 according to our buyers. Interesting, seems like Nintendo's concept of accessability is paying off.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Donkey Konga had Banzai style adverts with a guy in a gorilla suit trying to make people laugh while they played, then punishing them when they did (very W-T-F)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"PES4 is on LIVE because of money hats from MS."

how do you account for Konami's previous 3 attempts to get WE online then?

MS started paying them off over a year or so ago?

I think it's probably more to do with the fact that MS helped with the online code (if that is true)

ourumov

I saw Konga and Pikmin 2 yesterday on the shop...And guess what ? I didn't bought one or the other.
I chose Kuru Kururin ! It seems they have reprinted it :)

Not bad. DK has only been out a day or two. More if you count the weekend, which I'm not sure if Chart Track do (they probably do tho). Its the kind of experience that will hopefully generate sales on word of mouth too...

Che

Banned
EAT THAT EA! I can't understand why people still buy FIFA when the much much better PES is in the market. Personally I haven't touched FIFA since the 03 version and I did it just to be sure that it remains totally inferior.

casmaksen

Banned
As has already been said 1 week of sales dont mean jack they could beat them on initial sales as the hardcore fans picking up their preorders alone but after a few weeks the FIFA sales consitency kicks in. The same way the Gamecube had massive sales for the 1st week of that infamous argos price cut. So i see the journalism as a bit unedjucated and sloppy. That said i could see it having a good go on the xbox chart if the live portion of the game is done well but then again EA have already countered that factor by not only having their game online but making it a starter pack pack in. The one thing KONAMI need to do is make sure they have official stat, name and transfer downloads available at launch and make it possible for players to exchange their save data team logos etc to counter them. And get some BLOODY! ADS ON TV!

Top Bottom