• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Charts - San Andreas "around 1m in just 9 days"

cja

UK Software Charts

* · The Entertainment Software Top 40 is of course still dominated by Rockstar North/Take 2's 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' (PS2) which now claims UK sales of around 1 million in just 9 days. Second week sales on 'San Andreas' are actually higher than the previous record-breaker's first week sales (GTA: Vice City). In its second week 'San Andreas' is already the fourth biggest seller on PS2 ever tracked in the UK in terms of lifetime sales. EA's multi-format 'FIFA 2005' remains at No2 while at No3 we welcome Sega and Sports Interactive's 'Football Manager 2005' on PC - week 1 sales are enough to claim fifth in the league of PC fast-sellers, which includes three Sports Interactive developed 'Championship Manager' products (published by Eidos) and recent EA blockbuster 'The Sims 2' (the order reads 'CM4', 'The Sims 2', 'CM: Season 01/02', 'CM3' and 'Football Manager 2005'). Continuing the football theme is Konami at No4 with PS2 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'. EA are at No5 thanks to the most popular golf title yet released in 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005' (PS2/XB/PC/GC). New entries this week include EA's 'Lord Of The Rings - The Third Age' (PS2/XB/GC/GBA) at No12, Atari's 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 3' (PC) at No26 and THQ's GBA double pack 'Finding Nemo / Monsters, Inc.' at No33. Re-entries include THQ's 'Scooby-Doo & The Cyber Chase' at No18 thanks mainly to price promotion on the GBA version. Midas Interactive's PS2 'Rollercoaster World' was released back in May 2004 but makes the chart for the first time (No30) thanks to price promotion. THQ's 'Hot Wheels: World Race' is in at No40 thanks to heavy discounting on the PS2 version.
http://www.charttrack.co.uk/html/frameset.htm

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES) WEEK 45 YEAR 2004

ENDING 6TH NOVEMBER

LW TW TITLE PUBLISHER

1 1 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS ROCKSTAR
2 2 FIFA 2005 EA SPORTS
3 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2005 SEGA
3 4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 4 KONAMI
6 5 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005 EA SPORTS
5 6 BURNOUT 3: TAKEDOWN EA GAMES
4 7 TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND 2 ACTIVISION
10 8 SHARK TALE ACTIVISION
9 9 THE SIMS 2 EA GAMES
11 10 SONIC HEROES PLATINUM
17 11 FINDING NEMO DISNEY INTERACTIVE
12 LORD OF THE RINGS - THE THIRD AGE EA GAMES
14 13 THE SIMPSONS: HIT & RUN PLATINUM
8 14 STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT LUCASARTS
13 15 POKEMON FIRE RED NINTENDO
7 16 LMA MANAGER 2005 CODEMASTERS
15 17 POKEMON LEAF GREEN NINTENDO
18 SCOOBY-DOO & THE CYBER CHASE THQ
18 19 CRASH TWINSANITY SIERRA
16 20 NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND PLATINUM
30 21 SHREK 2 ACTIVISION
21 22 THE SIMS: BUSTIN' OUT EA GAMES
25 23 COLIN MCRAE RALLY 2005 CODEMASTERS
26 24 SPIDER-MAN 2 ACTIVISION
24 25 TOTAL CLUB MANAGER 2005 EA SPORTS
26 ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 3 ATARI
19 27 DEF JAM FIGHT FOR NY EA GAMES
20 28 ROME: TOTAL WAR ACTIVISION
29 SCOOBY-DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED THQ
30 ROLLERCOASTER WORLD MIDAS INTERACTIVE
38 31 SOULCALIBUR II NAMCO
27 32 SEGA SUPERSTARS SEGA
33 FINDING NEMO / MONSTERS, INC. THQ
34 SPONGEBOB: REVENGE OF FLYING DUTCHMAN THQ
35 RAYMAN 3 UBISOFT
31 36 GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY ROCKSTAR
28 37 THE SIMS PLATINUM
38 SCOOBY-DOO! MYSTERY MAYHEM THQ
22 39 FABLE MICROSOFT
40 HOT WHEELS: WORLD RACE THQ
Other charts:
http://www.charttrack.co.uk/html/uk/softwareuk_chartlist.htm

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
The funny thing is that I read the title as "a way to make around $1 million in just 9 days of game time", which I wouldn't mind having.

Donkey Konga is #1 on the GC chart yet not in the top 40 all format chart at all.
I hate my country. I apologise on behalf of it.

GTA on GBA moved up from 17 to 13. I expect it'll slowly crawl up higher, its had no advertising. I bought it and took it back. No way its worth the price of a home console game in my view. Which is what I bought it for.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
radioheadrule83 said:
Donkey Konga is #1 on the GC chart yet not in the top 40 at all.
And yet the UK has, like, three Nintendo-only magazines! What's up with that?

Barnimal

Banned
bah. the "whole" doesnt matter. everyone already knows that the UK is the vast majority for sales over on that end. I knew something seemed fishy when there was no hype for the game nor a US press release. Not like halo 2s anyway. Now i'm really curious to know if SA will match VCs sales. Its been over a week already. Atleast theres still christmas!

Barnimal said:
1 mil in 9 days seems way slower than VCs sales. even for europe.

LOL. Completely wrong. Europe is currently at ~4.5 million for VC across all platforms, with the UK being less than 2 million.

In 2 days, GTA:SA sold 677k units vs 2-Day total of Vice City at 250k in the UK.

http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/807/

On its first two days on sale in the UK last Friday and Saturday, it sold over 250,000 copies, an unprecedented achievement for any game. Previous fast sellers have taken over three weeks to reach this level. Vice City is now tipped to sell a million copies faster than any other previous game.

Gregory

Banned
Koshiro said:
Bye then.

Yep. Xbox games are selling terribly in Europe. Fable at 39 after 1 month or so on the market? The second biggest Xbox game released this year.
All hail piracy.

Gregory said:
Yep. Xbox games are selling terribly in Europe. Fable at 39 after 1 month or so on the market? The second biggest Xbox game released this year.
All hail piracy.

LOL. Are you joking? Piracy is the new Wal-Mart :lol

cja

The PlayStation brand is so dominant. I don't think any Xbox or GC exclusive has stayed on the charts for any amount of time, except for Halo!

radioheadrule83 said:
Donkey Konga is #1 on the GC chart yet not in the top 40 all format chart at all.
I hate my country. I apologise on behalf of it.
Ditto. DK is no.40 on the full price chart and Flat Out entered at no.35. Basically the masses of PS2 owners happily buy Crash, Nemo and GTA for the kiddies while swallowing whatever canned EA fodder they can take. PES4 was rated higher than FIFA by every games mag yet still can't outsell it, ugh.

fennec fox said:
And yet the UK has, like, three Nintendo-only magazines! What's up with that?
Flip that around and what's up with the US having, like, no indie Nintendo mags? How did XBN get green lighted by ZD but nothing was done for the GC?

To guess at an answer to the question, Nintendo fans are enthusiasts and mags can survive on 20,000 circulations here. These mags get a higher percentage of their revenue from the cover price. Subs usually just take off the retailers margin. It isn't like the US where certain mags are little more than advertorials that rely on circulation figures for revenue.

Deg

Banned
cja said:
The PlayStation brand is so dominant. I don't think any Xbox or GC exclusive has stayed on the charts for any amount of time, except for Halo!

Ditto. DK is no.40 on the full price chart and Flat Out entered at no.35. Basically the masses of PS2 owners happily buy Crash, Nemo and GTA for the kiddies while swallowing whatever canned EA fodder they can take. PES4 was rated higher than FIFA by every games mag yet still can't outsell it, ugh.

Flip that around and what's up with the US having, like, no indie Nintendo mags? How did XBN get green lighted by ZD but nothing was done for the GC?

To guess at an answer to the question, Nintendo fans are enthusiasts and mags can survive on 20,000 circulations here. These mags get a higher percentage of their revenue from the cover price. Subs usually just take off the retailers margin. It isn't like the US where certain mags are little more than advertorials that rely on circulation figures for revenue.

Its the same situation in the UK. Dont be fooled. WE only have one dedicated GBA mags but thats because they were all crap.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kinda disapointing for SI, they definitely wont be happy Football manager hasnt outsold the champ games, considering how little effort they put into getting the word out that things had changed though, its no supprise.

Top Bottom