• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU PC game packaging

NotMSRP

I've went to Fry's and saw Fry's carried some UK games which all of them are in DVD cases. So are all UK/EU games in DVD cases or are there some in the cardboard boxes? I like the DVD casing better since I always find the cardboard boxes damaged in some way. I picked up the UK version of Doom Collector's Edition since DVD case > cardboard case.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I don't remember seeing any PC games that weren't in DVD cases when I was in the UK earlier.

ferricide

yep, all in DVD cases. makes so much sense; why they didn't do it here instead of switching to those mini-boxes is beyond me.

ferricide said:
yep, all in DVD cases. makes so much sense; why they didn't do it here instead of switching to those mini-boxes is beyond me.

I'd assume that cardboard boxes are cheaper than plastic cases.

Kinda wish they would switch to DVD cases though. The Longest Journey and UT2k4 are the only two games that are in DVD cases and it saves a lot of space and looks a hell of a lot better than having stacks of boxes on your desk.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Games with loads of CDs (UT2k4, NWN etc etc) still come in DVD size cardboard boxes over here, dont know if thats what you saw.

Top Bottom