• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Spider-Man game in 2005

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I hope they keep the fun web-slinging and free-roaming (from the streets to the highest building) mechanics of Spider-man 2: the movie.

rawk

This rules. Bendis, the writer of Ultimate Spider-Man the comic, has been working on a game script for a long time. I bet this is it!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Basing it on ultimate would make PP a high schooler though, isnt that gonna confuse a lot of people expecting a follow up to this years game?

rawk

Well, I'm sure they'll change the visual style, give it a comic book-y cover, and put a little "based on the hit comic series!" or something on the box. I doubt you'll spend much of the game in high school anyway.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I just wonder if the Ultimate game is something IGN-cube have thought up to tag onto EGMs rumour that there would be a Spider-man game based in the comic book universe.

It'd be damn cool though i love ultimate.

rawk

Bendis said that the game he is working on is also being worked on by the entire creative team of the book. If this is that game, then expect some Mark Bagley artwork, or at least concept artwork.

Ramirez

Meh,I wasn't impressed AT ALL with SM2.The swinging was fun,sure,but doing the same 3 random missions over and over and over,GAH!!

I'll pass :p

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Really digging the Ultimate Spider-Man line of comics (Bendis, may I have your man babies?) and hopefully it transfers to the world of videogames like I imagine it - if so, it will rock your socks.

MASB

Since Activision is newly bent on pounding gamers with its franchises each year, expect Ultimate Spider-Man (2005) to be followed by Classic Spider-Man in 2006 (that's just our guess), and Spider-Man 3 (confirmed) to appear in 2007 to coincide with the third and final Sam Raimi-directed Spider-Man movie.
----------------------------------

lol. Hope the Ultimate game turns out well as I like the comics. I can't believe Willco hasn't chimed in on this topic.

Top Bottom