• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Said it earlier in the thread, seriously nothing she does seems well thought at all. It's honestly kinda infuriating how she's had so many little magical over the top moments that seem to come through sheer force of will than anything resembling a plan or skill.

Imagine if the unsullied decided not to follow her commands in Astapor.

CloudWolf

Like I said, this was clearly planned, but only after she found Jorah and Daario - she had been mulling it over before but had no way to execute it until she got their help. The plan itself was very solid. In fact, this is the first time where she actually planned something that didn't involve her dragons.

Except that any plan involving trapping yourself in a burning wooden hut is not a very solid plan. Even taking into consideration that she's immune to fire, there's still some serious risk involved with falling debris.

NeoGiff

I think the implication is that the events of last few episodes have only taken up a busy three days at Castle Black.

Day 1:

Melisandre arrives back at the Wall after Stannis' defeat
Jon is lured outside at night and assassinated

Day 2:

At dawn, Davos finds Jon and seals his body away
Davos and the loyal brothers defend Jon's body for the day while Edd fetches the wildlings
The wildlings save the day

Day 3:

Melisandre resurrects Jon
Jon executes his assassins
Jon packs up and gets ready to leave
Sansa, Brienne, and Pod arrive
They receive Ramsay's letter

Imagine if the unsullied decided not to follow her commands in Astapor.

That would have been fuckin hilarious.

Either way it's kinda silly to write up the idea of these slave owners having no security force in place. Like how goddamn stupid are the Unsullied?

Then again they also lose out to random dudes with short swords because they cant form a basic wall formation so I guess the answer is pretty stupid.

CloudWolf

I think the implication is that the events of last few episodes have only taken up a busy three days at Castle Black.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Davos and the loyal brothers defend Jon's body for the day while Edd fetches the wildlings

Day 3:

Probably, though this also implies that it took Sansa three days to go from Winterfell to Castle Black. That girl is fast like the wind.

NeoGiff

Probably, though this also implies that it took Sansa three days to go from Winterfell to Castle Black. That girl is fast like the wind.

Not necessarily. Mel left first and likely arrived a while after Stannis' defeat. It makes sense then that Sansa would arrive a few days later.

bitbydeath

Theon also sailed to Pyke in this time and Arya went from blind begger to Ninja Assassin in two days.

Why do we think this is only three days again?

Henkka

Banned
The crawling man Ramsay stabbed was the last one.

Didn't a bunch of soldiers desert him after Shireen was burned?

Oh yeah, here it is: https://youtu.be/ED66yqjstU4?t=1m6s Apparently nearly half deserted, and all the sellswords. Where'd they all go? I know it's the kind of nitpick that makes this thread unbearable sometimes haha, but it's hard to believe literally nobody except Melisandre made it back to the Wall. Given that Melisandre would most certainly be executed (Or just killed by Davos) for what she did, it feels like convenient plot armor.

Except that any plan involving trapping yourself in a burning wooden hut is not a very solid plan. Even taking into consideration that she's immune to fire, there's still some serious risk involved with falling debris.

Of course, but what other course of action is there? There are only so many options you have when you are 3 people against 100,000.

Aiii

So not worth it

Oh yeah, here it is: https://youtu.be/ED66yqjstU4?t=1m6s Apparently nearly half deserted, and all the sellswords. Where'd they all go? I know it's the kind of nitpick that makes this thread unbearable sometimes haha, but it's hard to believe literally nobody except Melisandre made it back to the Wall. Given that Melisandre would most certainly be executed (Or just killed by Davos) for what she did, it feels like convenient plot armor.

And why would you desert to the wall? A place known for hanging its own deserters. Where it's cold as fuck and food is scarce?

You wouldn't. You'd desert all the way back home, or all the way to the hot naked people in sunny Dorne, that's where you'd desert to.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
And why would you desert to the wall? A place known for hanging its own deserters. Where it's cold as fuck and food is scarce?

You wouldn't. You'd desert all the way back home, or all the way to the hot naked people in sunny Dorne, that's where you'd desert to.

considering how fast news spread in westeros, when half an army deserted stannis after he burned his own daughter there really is no good reason why people wouldn't know about it.

Ratrat

How are they supposed to desert to the other side of the continent? I dont think Westeros has that many teleporters yet. Castle Black is, I guess the closest castle. And there are villages nearby. Besides, why did Melisandre go there herself? She had no reason to especially since Davos is there.

Wouldn't they just return to Stormlands ect. and surrender. I'd imagine Tommen/Kevan would happily accept. It's not like Stannis or Boltons would chase them to the south.

Jayof9s

How are they supposed to desert to the other side of the continent? I dont think Westeros has that many teleporters yet. Castle Black is, I guess the closest castle. And there are villages nearby. Besides, why did Melisandre go there herself? She had no reason to especially since Davos is there.

I always assumed they went to the Boltons. That was the only way I could explain why they had such a large army and so much cavalry.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

They went wherever whores go along with Ramsay's dogs.

Ratrat

I always assumed they went to the Boltons. That was the only way I could explain why they had such a large army and so much cavalry.
Did Stannis have Northern houses in the show? I dont think any of his or Queensmen would go to the Boltons. Either way, its exactly the kind of news Stannis' enemies would want to spread. So its odd it hasn't. Same with Littlefinger in Winterfell.

duckroll

So that's what the Bad Pussy Army is made up of!

Kain

I've been visiting the water gardens this morning. They are way more prettier than shown on TV.

Also fuck Dorne and invincible Joffrey.

She's a decent character in the books. A child thrust into this cruel game, learning as she goes. In the TV show she's basically a prop.

Do you mean morally decent or content-wise? Casual show viewers largely see her as one of if not the best character, ultimate badass and looming savior of the world. While I think she is certainly a prominent protagonist who will play a large role in the end-game, I think the show has inflated her beyond what is necessary. In a world full of gray characters they've constantly portrayed Dany as a white knight. Very few show watchers see the gray part of her character.

mantidor

So what are our bets on the **shocking!!** death of the season? I don't see Jon losing or dying, though that would certainly be shocking, maybe Rikon's torture? or Sansa/Brienne/Podrick dying maybe.

So what are our bets on the **shocking!!** death of the season? I don't see Jon losing or dying, though that would certainly be shocking, maybe Rikon's torture? or Sansa/Brienne/Podrick dying maybe.

Jaime. He is completely stagnant and would be one more step in cersi going full meltdown to set up her fall the next season

Apt101

Do you mean morally decent or content-wise? Casual show viewers largely see her as one of if not the best character, ultimate badass and looming savior of the world. While I think she is certainly a prominent protagonist who will play a large role in the end-game, I think the show has inflated her beyond what is necessary. In a world full of gray characters they've constantly portrayed Dany as a white knight. Very few show watchers see the gray part of her character.

Yes she is a Mary Sue in the show. Stripped of most of her complexity.

Maybe Davos murdering Melisandre if he finds out what really happened? Cercei losing her trial by combat? Margaery and/or Loras getting murdered during the rescue attempt?

I feel like there isn't one this season. Kevan and Pycelle may be goners but they ain't really shocking material even for non book readers. Ramsay gonna bite it and everyone will expect it. Rickon death wouldn't be shocking at this point either. Same for Jorah, he's eventual goner anyway.

I just feel like this is Season 2 tier when it comes to deaths, no shockers. Renly was probably the biggest player to die but I feel like viewers didn't have a huge connection to him.

I guess the most likely death that truly has potential to cause shock is Cersei in the trial. Deus Ex Hound comes in and manages to slay the mountain. But I don't think this will happen either.

Next season however I do expect some huge death when we are closing to the endgame. Someone like Tyrion or Cersei.

It's hard for me to see them killing off any major characters now. That said, everyone in King's Landing is fair game. Tommen maybe, if he counts. And thinking a bit harder maybe Rikon. Normally I would say they've had the Starks suffer enough, but the show is going so far out of its way to make Ramsay a cartoon villain I wouldn't put anything past them.

Ingeniero

Rikon castrated and skinned alive is a given.
Also Kevan with a thousand daggers.

Ratrat

The only disposable one that would be 'shocking' is Jaime. The other characters either cant die or would shock no one if they did.

Definitely: Ramsay, Kevan, Pycelle
Maybe: Jorah, Theon, Loras, Marg, Mel
Hopefully: Sandsnakes, Walder Frey

But I didn't see the Doran death coming at all so who knows what they'll do.

bengraven

So if they rescue Rikon will they be JONSAKON? One more and a Voltron they will make.

If you think this is going to be a happy ending you haven't been paying attention.

I still think that if Rikki survives Rambler then Davos will take him in. I'm pretty sure that's Davos point in these books.

Cersei somehow has Marg killed and makes it look like the Sparrow/FM did it, inciting Tommen and the Tyrells to wipe out the FM.

Podrick will probably die as well.

Moff

knowing D&D, ser robert strong will rape olenna and split her in two with his greatsword

TRios Zen

If you think this is going to be a happy ending you haven't been paying attention.

I still think that if Rikki survives Rambler then Davos will take him in. I'm pretty sure that's Davos point in these books.

Wait, dammit I had never even thought of Davos mentoring Rickon and now that I have and how great that sounds, it's going to hurt even more when it doesn't happen.

Thanks for that.
HAHA

bengraven

Wait, dammit I had never even thought of Davos mentoring Rickon and now that I have and how great that sounds, it's going to hurt even more when it doesn't happen.

Thanks for that.
HAHA

In the books he's going to find Rickon and Osha. He had a big island full of young boys back home for when Stannis is dead and he has lost his focus.

In the show it's equally important that he and Rickon be in the same place. He lost all of his children (but one maybe?) at the Blackwater. He has no more focus.

Jon will get WF and Rickon will be taken by Davos back home or Davos will serve the same role as Ser Rodrik.

That's probably not going to happen, just like Sam becoming his maester. Rickon isn't going to survive this

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

I wonder if they address this or just say fuck it and that everything happens at the same time. Actually if we will really think about it, the only thing that could have taken a lot of time would be Theon's journey.

Honestly I really wish they would just say something about the other characters that would give a basis in time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
On the subject of deaths, let me see how my pre-season death list is turning out:

From your list, I'd predict:
The Mountain and The Hound (again), Loras, Allister, Theon, Osha if she ever shows up, All Freys, Kevan and Pycelle(guaranteed if Varys decides he needs to leave Myreen for reasons), Melisandre, Roose, Balon, Pod, Missandei, Beric if he (or any BWB) show up, Ramsey, Olenna, Mace Tyrell, Ellaria, Three-Eyed Raven, Olly, and 2/3rds of the Sand Snakes.

Left out Jorah, and I'll add Bronn :/

I've got 5 so far, and feel good about at least 4 of the others.

This is reminding me, we haven't seen Bronn at all :/

Aurongel

I can live with Bronn not returning, his relevance and usefulness pretty much dwindled once he left Tyrion. Plus, they're now physically separated which makes it even less likely.

Surfinn

I can live with Bronn not returning, his relevance and usefulness pretty much dwindled once he left Tyrion. Plus, they're now physically separated which makes it even less likely.

He's a great character though. Hope they find a way to make him useful. Always loved his personality/fight scenes.

HvySky

Bronn just needs to get ahold of Littlefinger's teleporter and jump over to Mereen so that he and Tyrion can be bros again.

Sorry if this is a dumb question or I missed it but can someone explain why there are only four people hanged for killing Jon when six stabbed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom