• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

Maybe they'll reveal Arya to be

fTTBLia.gif

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So a few things...

Ilyn Payne won't happen because he's all but written out of the show due to the untimely death of the actor.
Just a clarification on this point:

Wilko Johnson is still alive.

Forkball

He has secretely played everyone against each other and keeps using the chaos he causes to get new titles. He now used Sansa to make Cersei angry at the Boltons and promise him the North if he destroys them, knowing the Vale would follow him due to their affinity for the Starks.
He knew (even if he says otherwise) and he didn't care. But he is not an idiot. He is one of the smartest characters in the show.

But what's stopping the Boltons from revealing that Littlefinger set up the marriage in the first place once they get a hint of the Vale trying to interfere against their wishes? I get the idea that Littlefinger's making both the Boltons and Lannisters think he's on their side, but it seems like this plan could fall through with a single letter. Why not just lie and say the Boltons are going to declare independence, or just say they have Sansa when they really don't? And speaking of Sansa, is she really just a mere pawn in Littlefinger's plans? That's her sole importance to Baelish? She is easily one of the most important people in Westeros in terms of securing the North, yet Littlefinger completely abandons her. She could have been killed in the Battle of Winterfell or by Ramsay. Or what if she got pregnant? If LF's plan is to destroy the Boltons and take over the North, what is the fate of Sansa's child? Would the Northern houses choose LF over Sansa? I just don't buy LF taking such a huge risk with Sansa, both to political issues and his personal feelings.

And is defeating the Boltons his sole storyline for this season? I presume the Vale knights will attack Winterfell during the Bastardbowl. That's all? And is he still going to expect the title of Warden of the North with Jon there? He's gotta start making those chaos ladders pretty quickly.

- Ep 6 / 7 loglines via Watchers
Episode 606, titled “Blood of My Blood,” will air on May 29th.

The official synopsis:
An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly (Hannah Murray) meets Sam’s (John Bradley) family. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a difficult choice. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) faces off against the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce).

The episode is written by Bryan Cogman and directed by Jack Bender.
Episode 607 will be titled “The Broken Man,” and will make its debut on Sunday, June 5th.

The official synopsis:
The High Sparrow eyes another target. Jaime confronts a hero. Arya makes a plan. The North is reminded.

This one is also written by Bryan Cogman. This is the first season 6 episode directed by Mark Mylod, who helmed 2 episodes in season 5.

EDIT:
- Daily Beast interview with Iain Glen

dubq

I went threw them and my best guesses are:

• the red woman who meets with Tyrion and Varys
  • one of Varys little birds who are stabbing someone in the trailer
  • whoever grabs Pod in the Riverlands in the traildr

I can't imagine that Arya doesn't end up in Mareen, Kinds Landing or the Riverlands by the end of the season.

FWIW can't Faceless Men only change their faces, not the entire makeup of their bodies..?

Euron

I was thinking Walder Frey. But I hope it's the hound.
It's going to be
Walder Frey. I can't see them hinting at the Hound like that. Plus Walder was front and center in one of the trailers and he's due for a re-introduction.

Old foe=Hound? GET HYPE

On a more serious note, "The North is reminded." sounds kind of promising?
I laughed at
"The North is reminded."
Though they seemed to have improved that a lot since last season.

This is great, I'm actually looking forward to watching new episodes because I'm genuinely into the story, despite its shortcomings, and want to see where it goes as I'm interested. Last season I found myself watching just to see what they'd fuck up next and after the season premiere I thought that would happen again.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The North is reminded doesn't sound "good" to me. Unless it's meant that Sansa/Daavos/Jon reminds the Northern houses about what happened with Ned and the RW

Jamie confronts a hero? Too much to ask for a Blackfish held Riverrun???

The North is reminded doesn't sound "good" to me. Unless it's meant that Sansa/Daavos/Jon reminds the Northern houses about what happened with Ned and the RW

Jamie confronts a hero? Too much to ask for a Blackfish held Riverrun???

I really wouldn't want a Blackfish held Riverrun at this point. It's not been mentioned at all, Black fish himself hasn't been mentioned since season 3! It would likely be resolved within 20 minutes also.

But what's stopping the Boltons from revealing that Littlefinger set up the marriage in the first place once they get a hint of the Vale trying to interfere against their wishes? I get the idea that Littlefinger's making both the Boltons and Lannisters think he's on their side, but it seems like this plan could fall through with a single letter. Why not just lie and say the Boltons are going to declare independence, or just say they have Sansa when they really don't?
The Boltons knew the Lannisters will turn on them the moment they hear of the marriage. To them Sansa is more important for the control of the north than Lannister support(especially after the death of Tywin). If they tried to give away Littlefinger it would be their word against his.
Also he couldn't really lie about it since the Lannisters should have some spies in the north to investigate whats going on. At the same time the Boltons would want the whole north to know Ramsay married a Stark to strenghten their claim, so word would reach KL soon after.
Finally let's not forget Littlefinger had to manipulate Cersei to get what he wanted in the end and she isn't the sharpest tool in the box.
And speaking of Sansa, is she really just a mere pawn in Littlefinger's plans? That's her sole importance to Baelish? She is easily one of the most important people in Westeros in terms of securing the North, yet Littlefinger completely abandons her. She could have been killed in the Battle of Winterfell or by Ramsay. Or what if she got pregnant? If LF's plan is to destroy the Boltons and take over the North, what is the fate of Sansa's child? Would the Northern houses choose LF over Sansa? I just don't buy LF taking such a huge risk with Sansa, both to political issues and his personal feelings.
I have no idea what he wants to do with her.We need to see how the rest of the season plays out.
I can only speculate that he wants to marry her to solidify his hold of the north. If he can't get what he wants from her he will propably try to kill her (and Jon)

News Bot

Banned
I really wouldn't want a Blackfish held Riverrun at this point. It's not been mentioned at all, Black fish himself hasn't been mentioned since season 3! It would likely be resolved within 20 minutes also.

The Riverlands wouldn't be the only storyline out of the picture since season four.

Poor Osha.

It's weird to think that GRRM said he was going to write more for Osha because of Natalia Tena's performance and then the show goes and kills her off 1 episode with no fanfare after bringing her back from a 2 season absence.

Moff

Poor Osha.

It's weird to think that GRRM said he was going to write more for Osha because of Natalia Tena's performance and then the show goes and kills her off 1 episode with no fanfare after bringing her back from a 2 season absence.

yeah I thought that too when I saw her die
but I guess we will read a lot about what she and rickon are doing in skagos in TWOW

Speevy

Banned
Poor Osha.

Well, she did her job. She brought Rickon to the Umbers.

Thanks, Bran.

Speevy

Banned
The highlights didn't mention that he also confirms the pink letter is Ramsay's.

His answers were kind of vague though, like when asked about Sansa knowing Jon died he said that he assumes she does, do directors only know the plot of the episodes they are involved in?

I'm more confused about how everyone south of the wall doesn't know Jon died.

This is one of those things that is silly both in the show and the books, because he's a terrible deserter if he just up and left the Night's Watch, and a fucking demon if he died first and came back.

Gigglepoo

Poor Osha.

The books and show creators are having a passive-aggressive battle now. The show rapes Sansa, Martin releases a new Alayne chapter. The show kills Doran, Martin release a new Arianne chapter. Martin says Osha is great, the show kills her off.

Speevy

Banned
The books and show creators are having a passive-aggressive battle now. The show rapes Sansa, Martin releases a new Alayne chapter. The show kills Doran, Martin release a new Arianne chapter. Martin says Osha is great, the show kills her off.

What if Martin changed the whole ending of the series and decided not to tell D and D?

Gigglepoo

What if Martin changed the whole ending of the series and decided not to tell D and D?

I doubt the show would mirror the book's ending anyway. I've been expecting A Song of Ice and Fire's ending to elicit a similar reader reaction as the Dark Tower series in that a lot of people were pissed at the direction King took. I think the show is going to have a happy ending even if Jon happens to die in the final battle.

I'm more confused about how everyone south of the wall doesn't know Jon died.

To be fair Jon was resurrected like less than a few days after his death. Alliser just didn't send any ravens in time and they would probably had to do another election (with Alliser obviously winning) before declaring a new commander.

What I want to know is what Littlefinger asked from Roose in return of delivering Sansa to her. I mean, it's a LITTLE suspicious and odd LF just handing her over without any reason from Roose's perspective.

Shots that have not happened yet in Eps 1-4 (taken from the 3x Season 6 Trailers before Season 6 started):

Red Band Trailer
1. Davos going back to where Shireen was burnt
2. Flayed person burning and huge army behind
3. Drogon flying in the day light
4. Lancel telling someone to "order your man to step aside or there will be violence"
5. Cersei followed by the mountain with what looks like she's going to her trial?
6. A ship sailing in a huge storm (Greyjoy ship?)
7. Someone hitting another with a ball flame while riding a horse?
8. Bolton army raising arrows and firing
9. Kind of explosion in the Mereen upper levels it looks like
10. Euron getting his head pushed into water while on his knees
11. Aria or someone with similar body type jumping through the city
12. Bolton army huge shields up with staffs out (300 style), wildling army super close
13. Yara kissing a woman, probably in a brothel
14. Tormund during battle surprisingly looks behind him
15. White horse falling during battle
16. Little birds stabbing someone
17. Tyrell army confronting the sept
18. Dotharki riders attacking ?
19. Bran shocked at the white walker army with the Nights King seemingly looking at him
Trailer #2
1. Drogon flying over dothraki army
2. Jaqen cutting a man's face off
3. Sansa with stark coat (usually worn by men?) and wolf necklace type thing, looking kind of bad ass
4. The Frey's celebrating indoors at night with Lannister soldiers
5. Littlefinger meeting someone in the snow
6. 6 flayed burning people with the Bolton army behind them
7. The new red witch (Kinvara) confronting Tyrion and Varys
8. Jaime riding a horse in Lannister armor, away from Kings Landing
9. Shadows: someone stabbing another in the back. Looks like pycelle?
10. Jaime in gold armor with white horse and Mace in gold/silver armor with black horse and Tyrell army confronting the sept. Jaime goes up to talk first then the army arms their spears
11. 4x White Walker Horsemen (1 is Night's King)
12. Davos trying to recruit the Mormonts to fight the dead
13. The white walker leaders about to walk through flames
14. Tormund drawing his sword
15. Ramsay smirking before the battle
16. Sons of Harpy killing some people
17. Brienne and pod at the Tully's
18. Mountain about to rip a cultist's head off
19. The wildlings kind of winning then come up to the "300" type shield wall. Wildlings fight with House Hornwood and Mormont. Umber banners are with Boltons.
20. Pod getting in a chokehold by Bronn? Looks to be near the Lannister tents where Jaime is
21. Meera scared at what she looks at above her
22. High septon telling granny she's had power too long, bla bla bla
Trailer #3
Nothing new

Episode 605, titled "The Door" airs SUNDAY!
1. Tyrion seeks a strange ally: the new red woman?
2. Bran learns a great deal: a great deal of info or a great deal (like trade, money, whatever)?
3. Brienne goes on a mission: Kill the Frey's! Um.... what else?
4. Arya is given a chance to prove herself: kill someone?

Episode 606
titled “Blood of My Blood” will air on May 29th.
1. An old foe comes back into the picture: Possibly the Frey's? Who else? Hmm....
2. Gilly meets Sam’s family: UGHHHHH
3. Arya faces a difficult choice: kill or don't kill? Leave the Faceless men?
4. Jaime faces off against the High Sparrow: Tyrell army in King's Landing scene?

Episode 607
will be titled “The Broken Man” and will make its debut on Sunday, June 5th.
1. The High Sparrow eyes another target: Cersei trial? Jaime? Um..... Granny?
2. Jaime confronts a hero: Who the hell is the hero? Help!
3. Arya makes a plan: Leave the Faceless men? Um... plan on how to kill her target?
4. The North is reminded: Mormonts and Hornwoods?

mantidor

I think you are missing one scene in the last trailer:

Sansa looking extremely worried about something, it seems to be in castle black, she has the same coat as in the last episode and everything, but now I don't think it is, and that was definitely not in the last episode.

Edit:

it's this image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom