• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hey. I've not read any of the books and just hopping in to ask one question: has the series caught up with the books yet, or do we still have a decent amount in the books not covered in series yet? I only ask because I want to read the books, but only once the series has them all covered.

suzu

Hey Hey. I've not read any of the books and just hopping in to ask one question: has the series caught up with the books yet, or do we still have a decent amount in the books not covered in series yet? I only ask because I want to read the books, but only once the series has them all covered.

Technically, it's caught up to the current books. But the show has been kinda doing it's own thing for long while now.

There is some random stuff that they haven't shown yet.. but they probably won't even bother with most of it for the show. lol

Technically, it's caught up to the current books. But the show has been kinda doing it's own thing for long while now.

There is some random stuff that they haven't shown yet.. but they probably won't even bother with most of it for the show. lol
Awesome. Thank you. I have the first two books sitting on my shelf, then I let them gather dust. Think I'll wipe 'em off and jump in now.

suzu

Awesome. Thank you. I have the first two books sitting on my shelf, then I let them gather dust. Think I'll wipe 'em off and jump in now.

Keep in mind that the show might still re-purpose some stuff for use later down the line. The first two books are pretty safe/done though.

As a reminder from Cornballer:
Note: Any leak discussion is prohibited in the thread and bannable. This includes linking to sources, vague hints, posting spoilers outright, etc... Find somewhere else on the internet to have this conversation if it appeals to you.

Daemul

If its on HBO Nordic is it actually a leak? It's pretty much the equivalent of someone getting an upcoming video game through the mail a day or two early, no?

Sayad

Yeah but even then people who get games early are still allowed to discuss the game over on Gaming Side, though usually in a spoilers thread.
Not in the game's OT which only goes up on release date, surprised no one made GoT leaks/spoiler thread! Is it not allowed?

Daemul

Not in the game's OT which only goes up on release date, surprised no one made GoT leaks/spoiler thread! Is it not allowed?
For something like this which came from HBO themselves and not some dodgy source you think there would be, but HBO rarely slip up like this so the mods probably think it isn't worth it.

Daemul

whatever happend to dorne

FdSzawX.gif

Yeah I'm wondering about this. An insider leaked most of the entire season a while back and everything he said has been subsequently proven correct. Is there no place to discuss that?

Paganmoon

Just shows how low priority, and how low the level of service is on HBO Nordic, considering the episode is still up.

I don't think they have any staff, even on call, on weekends.

Moff

Just shows how low priority, and how low level of service is on HBO Nordic, considering the episode is still up.

I don't think they have any staff, even on call, on weekends.

"nah, boss, the damage is done, I'm not gonna drive to the office now, see ya tomorrow"

Paganmoon

"nah, boss, the damage is done, I'm not gonna drive to the office now, see ya tomorrow"

pretty much, that is if the boss even bothered to make a call. HBO Nordic really is a "lowest possible effort" type of service. Their app and webpage are so threadbare. Geez, I could go on so many rants about them.

But in a positive news, the IQ for the episode was outstanding. Haven't seen IQ on HBO Nordic this good ever. Wonder if it's due to the low viewership right now, not limiting bandwidth (their shitty bandwidth is another thing I can go on a long rant about).

Moff

pretty much, that is if the boss even bothered to make a call. HBO Nordic really is a "lowest possible effort" type of service. Their app and webpage are so threadbare. Geez, I could go on so many rants about them.

it's a shame rally, putting it on there by accident can happen, but to keep it up like that should not fly

Still isn't the biggest fuck up HBO has done with regards to the show.

Didn't the first 4 episodes of season 4 all get put up on the same day or something?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Just watched the leaked episode

And I'm crying like a little bitch

Apt101

With the massive leak and leak discussion, even though moderation is tight here I think I'll stay away until the episode tonight has concluded. I am not even browsing Reddit at all. Some of the shit they let slip through the thread titles......

duckroll

With the massive leak and leak discussion, even though moderation is tight here I think I'll stay away until the episode tonight has concluded. I am not even browsing Reddit at all. Some of the shit they let slip through the thread titles......

HBO has the worst luck. If any of the previous episodes of Season 6 leaked, it wouldn't be a huge deal since mostly #nothingfuckinghappened. Until now. Lol. So yeah, I would recommend staying off Twitter too, if you care.

Sheroking

HBO has the worst luck. If any of the previous episodes of Season 6 leaked, it wouldn't be a huge deal since mostly #nothingfuckinghappened. Until now. Lol. So yeah, I would recommend staying off Twitter too, if you care.

This is an opposite day level statement IMO.

Only the premiere was relatively uneventful.

duckroll

This is an opposite day level statement IMO.

Only the premiere was relatively uneventful.

Really? In terms of stuff that could be spoiled and get any sort of reaction? There's nothing in them that would have much impact. Oh wait, sorry, you're right, I forgot the Dorne stuff. LOL. Well, okay, I guess that would have been funny to leak for the lolz. Jon coming back is the worst kept secret ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom