• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Really? In terms of stuff that could be spoiled and get any sort of reaction? There's nothing in them that would have much impact. Oh wait, sorry, you're right, I forgot the Dorne stuff. LOL. Well, okay, I guess that would have been funny to leak for the lolz. Jon coming back is the worst kept secret ever.

Well, it's not like the Red Wedding episode leaking or something, but I don't think the first 5 episodes of any season have been as eventful as these ones.

Not even Season 4.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Really? In terms of stuff that could be spoiled and get any sort of reaction? There's nothing in them that would have much impact. Oh wait, sorry, you're right, I forgot the Dorne stuff. LOL. Well, okay, I guess that would have been funny to leak for the lolz. Jon coming back is the worst kept secret ever.

"I think Jon is really dead" ~ no person ever

Massa

Jon coming back, Sansa meeting Jon, Roose and Ramsay hug, Rickon delivery, Dany barbecue, Tormienne. There's been some eventful stuff.

duckroll

Well, it's not like the Red Wedding episode leaking or something, but I don't think the first 5 episodes of any season have been as eventful as these ones.

Not even Season 4.

I honestly feel that so far this season it has been a lot of treading water. I guess if we look at certain events (Dorne betrayal, Jon comes back, Jon and Sansa meet, Dany burns everyone) it is indeed pretty eventful, so maybe that's just a personal feeling about how the character stuff I'm actually interested in doesn't move forward much? All I can think of is Tyrion sipping wine and making dick jokes. :(

Pkaz01

HBO has the worst luck. If any of the previous episodes of Season 6 leaked, it wouldn't be a huge deal since mostly #nothingfuckinghappened. Until now. Lol. So yeah, I would recommend staying off Twitter too, if you care.
Well its only a day in advance and its not like people knew what went down before watching the episode anyway. If anything it just raises the hype. I always just assumed more people tuned in the episode after something major happened not during that episode itself

I honestly feel that so far this season it has been a lot of treading water. I guess if we look at certain events (Dorne betrayal, Jon comes back, Jon and Sansa meet, Dany burns everyone) it is indeed pretty eventful, so maybe that's just a personal feeling about how the character stuff I'm actually interested in doesn't move forward much? All I can think of is Tyrion sipping wine and making dick jokes. :(
I think its the imbalance, some storylines are rocketing forward and others seem like they are treading water until its time, kings landing i feel is just waiting, arya is moving at molasses pace, tyrion is just waiting for Dany and the ironborn fleet. Shit is going down this season as far as the watch goes though

I'm pretty excited for tonight. I feel like after last week things are ready to move forward. They seem intent on trimming the fat. I can't imagine where things will stand by the season finale.

duckroll

I think its the imbalance, some storylines are rocketing forward and others seem like they are treading water until its time, kings landing i feel is just waiting, arya is moving at molasses pace, tyrion is just waiting for Dany and the ironborn fleet. Shit is going down this season as far as the watch goes though

Tyrion, Arya, and Jaime are probably my favorite characters on the show. So...

Joni

There has been quite a lot happening, but there hasn't been a single thing that was really unexpected. Which might be more at play for us book reader. The stuff that was not in the book but in those first episodes was quite predictable. Sansa meeting Jon for instance was very sweet, but it is not like it was a surprise. They aren't far away from the books just yet for the majority of the story. It makes it feel like a show that should be bingewatched because of it.

manhack

I finished the books last week after nearly 2 years of off and on reading. Now I'm caught up on the TV show after binge watching season 5 and 6.

I started reading this thread along with Season 6 episodes because it is a lot of fun to watch the show and then read everyone's reactions.

Something I've noticed along the way, and especially today, is how many people post questions and comments in these threads without actually reading the previous discussion (let alone the OP). So many questions that could be answered if they spend the time to follow the discussion from the beginning of the episode airing.

Moff

the first 4 or 5 episodes in seasons 4 and 5 where very uneventful, only buildup, compared to that season 6 has had many highlights. episode 1 had doran dead, episode 2 had jons revive, episode 3 had the tower of joy and episode 4 dany killing the khals. nothing like any of those happened in the first few episodes of the two other seasons. I feel like stuff is happening, but it feels rushed now.

Paganmoon

the first 4 or 5 episodes in seasons 4 and 5 where very uneventful, only buildup, compared to that season 6 has had many highlights. episode 1 had doran dead, episode 2 had jons revive, episode 3 had the tower of joy and episode 4 dany killing the khals. nothing like any of those happened in the first few episodes of the two other seasons. I feel like stuff is happening, but it feels rushed now.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that it's almost like they felt the need to have at least one "SHOCK" death per episode. Or at least killing of any and all minor characters to streamline their story.

Question is though, if it's about streamlining the story, why don't they do like most other shows have done -and frankly, even GoT has (Hello Gendry!) - and just never mention the characters again.

Did anybody post this yet? Game of Thrones + Monty Python.
mjowulU.jpg
http://imgur.com/gallery/0Tuum

Pkaz01

Tyrion, Arya, and Jaime are probably my favorite characters on the show. So...
Mine too! And jon, which is why im enjoying the season but not loving it like everyone else. I dont care for Dany or anyone in kings landing other than jaimie, definitely dont give a shit about the greyjoys. It doesnt help when the high sparrow in one episode gets more screentime than Arya has all season combined

_Ryo_

What leaked? Just tonight's episode?

Actually, I didnt want to mention this in fear of getting banned but I think people should be very very careful from now on. Its likely tonights episode was not the only thing spoiled and that plot from the rest of the season has already been leaked.

shira

Actually, I didnt want to mention this in fear of getting banned but I think people should be very very careful from now on. Its likely tonights episode was not the only thing spoiled and that plot from the rest of the season has already been leaked.

So we going to need third show spoilers thread for GOT?

manhack

So we going to need third show spoilers thread for GOT?

LOL no. There are plenty of places online to talk about that kind of stuff. I prefer to avoid as much as I can, but after reading all the books and being caught up with the show I feel safe going into the threads here. It would be really annoying if leaks and spoilers started showing up on NeoGAF now that I'm watching in real time with everyone else.

Ozium

whenever there is a leak:

mods say don't talk about the leak

people talk about the leak and get banned

people that haven't seen the leak don't want to be spoiled by the people who talk about the leak (either directly referencing or insinuating things) so they avoid the thread...

will people ever learn?

no

whenever there is a leak:

mods say don't talk about the leak

people talk about the leak and get banned

people that haven't seen the leak don't want to be spoiled by the people who talk about the leak (either directly referencing or insinuating things) so they avoid the thread...

will people ever learn?

no

Tell me more about Dragon: the game.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Eh...honestly I just found out there was a leak..but then I again I stay off the Internet during the weekend from the most part. Nothing almost ever happens, and anything extraordinary is usually texted by someone or on the TV.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The season leaked? Or just tonights episode? Want to know so I can avoid communities or sites so I don't get spoiled.

I think just tonight's episode. Also it seems they might actually be starting at 8 tonight and not 8:03 or some lame shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom