• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it matters since you can murder him willy nilly with zero consequence.

Yeah, seems like kinslaying is seen as pretty cool in Westeros, after all.
Sand snakes kill their uncle and cousin.
Ramsay kills his father.
Euron kills his brother and literally the first command he gives as king of the Iron Islands is: "let's murder my nephew and niece".

vaderise

I wonder how many good and capable commanders the Iron Born have lost cause they were bad at holding their breath.

I'm preety sure a perfect lord candidate who was capable of bringing the Greyjoys to big levels drowned in that ceremony. That is why Greyjoys are always losers. They drowned their potential king.

jett

D-Member
Does anyone still believe that Euron and Daario are the same person in the books? :p

p.s. I wish the Iron Islands had remained cut in the show.

jett

D-Member
This is the scene where these two actors are given material to work with so that they don't cash in an easy paycheck, right.

Everything going on in Meereen is worthless.

ryseing

I thought that scene was great myself.

I'm lost about how they fucked up the iron islands. Euron wants to give a giant fleet of ships to Dany.

Whats wrong with the Iron Islands?

Euron coming out and admitting he killed Balon? And Aeron embracing him takes away one of the huge subplots. As much as I make fun of it, "no godless man may sit the Seastone Chair" adds an important undercurrent.

jett

D-Member
Euron coming out and admitting he killed Balon? And Aeron embracing him takes away one of the huge subplots. As much as I make fun of it, "no godless man may sit the Seastone Chair" adds an important undercurrent.

There's no Aeron in this show. That's just a random priest.

Speevy

Banned

As much as I'm tired of these killing people in plain sight and admitting to it plots, I really don't want to spend time waiting for characters to figure out who killed someone.

Balon's dead any way you look at it, and the Greyjoys are killers, so it makes sense that his brother killed him.

I think so too but I much prefer the iron born picking Euron through sheer fear of the horn than this cheap speech.

Agreed.
That speech was shite. Though in all fairness, so was Yara's. I know they folded Victarion into her, which is why she is supposed to be a great warrior and such, but I loved her appeal in the books so much more, where she walked up and poured out chests of shitty acorns and whatnot, cause she's been helping conquer and hold the mainland of the North, so she knows it's rubbish.

The show has been removing so much factionalism out of the plot.

vaderise

-Fuck the lords in Westeros. A hot queen should rule. We will side with her if you make me your king.
-I was dying but fuck that.
-I just became the king of Iron Islands.
-Time to kill my niece and nephew.
-Holy shit shit they're gone with our best ships.
-Let's build new ones and catch them!

Yeah,Iron Islands could be done better...

devilhawk

That shit was never making the show. Come on now.

ryseing

There's no Aeron in this show. That's just a random priest.

Subtitles said Aeron.

As much as I'm tired of these killing people in plain sight and admitting to it plots, I really don't want to spend time waiting for characters to figure out who killed someone.

Balon's dead any way you look at it, and the Greyjoys are killers, so it makes sense that his brother killed him.

I just feel it takes away from the importance that kinslaying has in this culture. "The kinslayer is forsaken in the eyes of gods and men". He then tries to go kill his nephew and niece. I guess it makes for better TV storytelling but it feels so incongruent.

That shit was never making the show. Come on now.

If they bothered to spend more than two minutes on the Kingsmoot it may well could have. I'm no puritan about the adaptation but I really feel they've done this plot a disservice.

Nah, lets go and make a fleet with the zero trees that are on the Iron Island fam. Euron in the show is terrible. In the books he takes the throne because he's mystical and terrifying and not a know kinslayer. In the show he wins the kingsmoot because he just killed a beloved king/brother and has a crazy plan?

I just feel it takes away from the importance that kinslaying has in this culture. "The kinslayer is forsaken in the eyes of gods and men". He then tries to go kill his nephew and niece. I guess it makes for better TV storytelling but it feels so incongruent.

Yeah like... why even tell the story of the Rat Cook?

In fact, I find it absolutely hilarious that the son of Rickard Karstark, who accused Robb Stark of slaying his kin, stands by and watches as Ramsay commits kinslaying with his own father... and still supports him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom