• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Nah, lets go and make a fleet with the zero trees that are on the Iron Island fam. Euron in the show is terrible. In the books he takes the throne because he's mythical and terrifying and not a know kinslayer. In the show he wins the kingsmoot because he just killed a beloved king/brother and has a crazy plan?

The show has done a lot if great things but Euron is not one of them. He's just a dude with a dumb plan. I have no clue why the Iron Islanders want him over Yara. It's not a huge deal because it's a minor story, but they blew their chance e at a great character.

jett

D-Member
So uh about Show Bran's powers.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Three-eyed_crow said:
Brynden tells Bran that he is haunted by his own ghosts, a brother that he loved, a brother that he hated, and a woman that he desired, but he knows from experience that you cannot change the past.

edit: Well I guess he's not really changing it.

The show has done a lot if great things but Euron is not one of them. He's just a dude with a dumb plan. I have no clue why the Iron Islanders want him over Yara. It's not a huge deal because it's a minor story, but they blew their chance e at a great character.

Agreed. And instead of this intriguing character who is full of mysteries and clearly has enjoyed his fair share of magical exposure, we get another ravenous madman who wants to murder his family. When he was stalking after Yara and Theon, I was surprised he didn't drool and growl.

Gigglepoo

Misogyny maybe? Isn't the Iron Islands one of the worst places for women to live in Westeros(at least in the books).

I mean, you're right, but that's not interesting storytelling. Not unless you're focusing on the politics of the Islands, which no one wants. Plus, they did seem into Yara until ol' two eyes showed up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dg1KIqN.gif

Summer's death horrible and totally pointless. Didn't slow them down one bit.

Gives them a reason to just shrug when they're accused of not showing the wolves enough. Saving those few pennies of CG budget. Probably was the reason they could afford more forest grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom