• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's actually been tinfoil theories about Hodor's name coming from "Hold the Door", I remember one particular one being that Hodor is actually Aegon, and he picked it up from Elia screaming "Hold the Door!" during the Sack of King's Landing.

Tabris

If this is in the books this is the stupidest shit GRRM has ever written in his entire life.

Oh wow.

I am so far removed from some of you. I thought this was perhaps one of the best GOT scenes yet. It must be so exhausting not to find joy in this story but still watch it?

Gigglepoo

D&D confirmed in the post-show interview that Hodor's name does stem from "hold the door" trauma but it doesn't sound like Martin told them how it'll be revealed in the books. They just know the origin. Curious to see how it differs.

I will say that scene was excellent and Hodor's death is the first time the show made me cry. That actor was super underrated. Just an incredible performance as he held the door.

jaekeem

What was wrong with "hold the door"?

How is taht stupid?

I thought it was one of the best scenes the show's had since it started

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Such a pointless waste of Summer.

Wondering how Bran and Mera survive now. He's marked. Walkers have transporter technology and those two can't survive on their own.

There's only one logical path forward.

BENJEN COMETH!

There's actually been tinfoil theories about Hodor's name coming from "Hold the Door", I remember one particular one being that Hodor is actually Aegon, and he picked it up from Elia screaming "Hold the Door!" during the Sack of King's Landing.
yep, I've seen this theory as well. Crazy how someone nailed that shit lol

Rixxan

you guys are bashing hold the door t minus three seconds since the episode ended, yet if you experienced it through the prose of the gunt you'd probably hold it in high esteem, lmao

that was excellent

I think the Hodor thing is fine. Makes sense that knowing/experiencing the moment of your own death would break you and leave a permanent imprint.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So now its only Meera and Bran alone in the frozen north. Perfect time to introduce this guy:
hqdefault.jpg

LifEndz

Wow. Why go green seeing when you know Freddy Kreuger and his boys got your address? Great episode. Jorah, Summer and Hodor got to me. And I love that Sansa is done being a victim. Guess what he did to me? Awesome. Might actually rewatch an episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom