• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KahooTs

Who knows what the show will do, but Meera exists in the books for Bran to fall in love with and contemplate what he'd do for her, and thus come to understand and ultimately forgive Jaime for that thing he did for love. If the show plays that out then Meera has to live until a scene where its revealed Bran loves her. But the show would have to first return Jaime to some kind of arc for it to matter.

KahooTs

can the white walker dudes turn people into walkers by touching them?

if they can, then i can see a scene where one of them grabs jorah's arm and it doesn't do shit and he gets that goofy look in his face that the one that jon killed had when jon blocked his attack

so it turns out stone person disease is some sort of safeguard against the walkers

id imagine they have a "purpose"

Quoted from the other thread because I believe the bolded at least will prove to be dead on. The Others hunt warm blood, greyscale turns people stone cold.

Quoted from the other thread because I believe the bolded at least will prove to be dead on. The Others hunt warm blood, greyscale turns people stone cold.

They may not be able to turn people with greyscale into Walkers (so far we've only seen the NK do that to babies) but I doubt it would matter to turn them into wights. At Hardhome he reanimates 1000s of Wildlings without even touching them so I don't see why greyscale would trip him up there.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I've never considered the show to be particularly good, but I liked to watch it anyway just to see how they handled the adaptation of the novels - see what parts of the material they included, what they left out, what their interpretations of the characters were like, who was cast, etc. but now that they're past the books, the main appeal of the series is gone for me. Some of the stuff this season may be/definitely is from future books, but it's all meaningless to me since I haven't read them yet and the show isn't good enough on its own to weather the barrage of book spoilers that are coming.

I thought about quitting after last season but I thought I could stick it out another season before things got too spoilery, but as it turns out, last week's episode was a little too much for me, so I've decided to bow out of the show until the book series is finished
in 16-28 years
. See ya GoT GaF~

The end of the last episode can't be done more powerfully in your books.

KahooTs

They may not be able to turn people with greyscale into Walkers (so far we've only seen the NK do that to babies) but I doubt it would matter to turn them into wights. At Hardhome he reanimates 1000s of Wildlings without even touching them so I don't see why greyscale would trip him up there.

It will somehow screw them, how is not so important, but it will screw Westeros more. Garin succeeded initially, then ultimately failed spectacularly causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands. His plan was a false saviour, as will be greyscale. It's like the flaming sword that gives no heat in the hands of a king with no shadow, a false weapon against the Others, that it is the path to salvation is a lie that must be slain. It's the shadow flame from a great stone beast.

Azzanadra

Sure it can.

Its absolutely can. And in fact, it will be. I remember the scene when Euron won the Kingsmoot, the last line being something like "but all Damphair heard was a rusted iron hinge" in reference Aeron's molestation. This may seem irrelevant, but that scene reminded me of how good GRRM is with emotional punches, especially near the end of a chapter. More examples, "Ned always loved my hair" or "He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold..."

So far all the emotional moments/deaths have been best done in the books (except Ned's death which I would say was the same quality throughout) so I don't know why this one would be exempt.

Speevy

Banned
It's funny because in terms of being just an interesting character that looks like he's ripped right from the pages of a book, Balon is fantastic.

Patrick Malahide, we'll miss you. Someone just remembered that you exist.

Speevy

Banned
their ages are unkown in the books, most fan portraits portray him as even younger than show euron, though

It totally doesn't work when an actor who is four years older than another actor pats him on the cheek and refers to him as "little".

Speevy

Banned
I think D and D should do a non-canon episode in which age-appropriate actors, even with dead characters, portray their character exactly how they are in the books.

Some stuff would be terrific, while others would be hilarious. I'm thinking about 13 year old Dany and 14 year old Robb. Disgusting Tyrion and vicious slut Cersei..

bengraven

So basically we get to "read" Winds one chapter at a time, released every 9 months, until the end of George's life when it's half way done. Then they release it posthumously in half.

Aiii

So not worth it
So basically we get to "read" Winds one chapter at a time, released every 9 months, until the end of George's life when it's half way done. Then they release it posthumously in half.

Unless GRRM backtracks or his estate says fuck it, the readers deserve closure, we will never see the final book finished and released. Since he has always said he wouldn't let anyone else finish the series.

Severance

The show really needs to do something with Euron, he is really boring as is. Its still possible they unveil his ship, Silence, and Dragonbinder. In his intro, they do present him as rather crazy. Then somehow in the Kingsmoot he loses the Iron Fleet to Asha and Reek lol.

That new Aeron chapter sounds amazing! GRRM is giving them so much to work with.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The show really needs to do something with Euron, he is really boring as is. Its still possible they unveil his ship, Silence, and Dragonbinder. In his intro, they do present him as rather crazy. Then somehow in the Kingsmoot he loses the Iron Fleet to Asha and Reek lol.

That new Aaron chapter sounds amazing! GRRM is giving them so much to work with.
Asha and Theon's theft of the Iron Fleet makes sense on paper even if the show portrayed it weird. Even though Euron got the good graces of the nobles, it makes sense that Asha, who is has fought all of the Iron Island's battles, could cause a military coup and steal all the ships. Just... not as quickly as the show portrayed lol

I wouldn't be surprised if show Euron's entire character arc is just him revealing his insanity as time goes on. Though that's just going to cause a lot of complaints about Joffery 3.0 / Ramsey 2.0

Real Hero

I wouldn't be surprised if show Euron's entire character arc is just him revealing his insanity as time goes on. Though that's just going to cause a lot of complaints about Joffery 3.0 / Ramsey 2.0

That's why they need to stop pussyfooting around and give him some warlock lips and magic horns and shit directly linking him to the magical elements of the series

I liked it when Euron started marching up that hill and the rest of the men start following him like lemmings.

Like...since when does the king of the Iron Islands need an entourage?

I thought they were going to start snapping in unison West Side Story style.

Severance

Asha and Theon's theft of the Iron Fleet makes sense on paper even if the show portrayed it weird. Even though Euron got the good graces of the nobles, it makes sense that Asha, who is has fought all of the Iron Island's battles, could cause a military coup and steal all the ships. Just... not as quickly as the show portrayed lol

This is very true. The show does portray the Iron Fleet as very loyal to Asha when Theon first shows up. Perhaps them taking the fleet reflects Victarion's future in the books. I could see him deciding to rebel against Euron.

They do have plenty of time to develop Euron with Ramsey still in the mix. It is probably best not to reveal Euron's hand all at once right now. That's a good call, I think.

NeoGiff

Take a good, hard look at my avatar, friends.

This is the last you'll see of old Varys this side of GAF. It's time for one more worthy to take his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom