• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defunkled

I think we got a split-second peek at Ned finding a blood-soaked Lyanna during the flashbacks in the beginning of the episode. Sorry for the crappy picture.

imagexxsxa.jpeg

Paches

Alright, so someone explain this to me: Margaery was all like "fuck the sparrow, loras we're going to get out of this" but then the sparrow gave a boss speech and Loras was really sad so she completely changed her outlook on life and gave herself to the Faith?

I honestly thought she was trying to trick Tommen and didn't actually believe what she was saying. I am left scratching my head as well...

The scene w/ Loras says it all- she's playing along to get herself and Loras to safety.

But then why is Tommen still acting in line with the Faith after he has them both to safety? Assuming Loras is also now safe with them.

Paches

Cause Tommen is an easily manipulated dum dum. Once she plays this card she has to go along with it.

I guess my question is why does he need to be faithful to the church after they are all out of danger from them? If it was a trick to get him out, then why keep up the charade after you have accomplished the goal, unless there is a longer game being played that isn't obvious to me.

LifEndz

Arya will be fine. Jaquen said that regardless a new face will be added. She'll kill Waif and Waif's face will be payment. Jaquen isn't going to hold a grudge.

I'd like to see that, but unless howland reed jumps out he woodwork with the dagger in the back, I don't know if Arya can take the Waif in a fair one.

Faddy

Banned
At first I thought she was bullshitting Tommen. I guess sometime since the last scene with her the High Sparrow converted her over. Wasn't handled as well as Tommen.

No she did a cold read on Tommen

"The High Sparrow isn't what we expected" non committal statement

Tommen tells her he loves the HS so Marge plays along.

kirblar

I guess my question is why does he need to be faithful to the church after they are all out of danger from them? If it was a trick to get him out, then why keep up the charade after you have accomplished the goal, unless there is a longer game being played that isn't obvious to me.
Because the population will riot otherwise.

Kusagari

I still think everything is going as Jaqen planned it. Would explain why the waif hates Arya so much because she's supposed to die to her.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nothing in the episode suggested that Loras was also released.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I expected Sam o be toughened up emotionally a little bit from all the shit he went through at the watch, and stand up to his dad a little.

Taking the family sword seems like a pretty good way of giving him the finger without directly exposing himself. Not yet anyway.

jdstorm

Banned
Why lie to Tommen? I would think she has more influence on him than the High Sparrow.

She wants to get out of jail. Converting to the faith playing the high sparrow. Then once out she can get revenge. Tomens actions would be the same if he knew it was a rude or not so there is no point spilling the plan just in case someone hears

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I still think everything is going as Jaqen planned it. Would explain why the waif hates Arya so much because she's supposed to die to her.
What's his plan though? I'm sure Arya will kill the Waif and Jaqen will be cool with it. But then what? Was that the last scene we'll ever see of Jaqen? Or is he going to take over his Oldtown plot whenever Sam gets there?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What's his plan though? I'm sure Arya will kill the Waif and Jaqen will be cool with it. But then what? Was that the last scene we'll ever see of Jaqen? Or is he going to take over his Oldtown plot whenever Sam gets there?

He might show up in Oldtown, but honestly, so long as he gets a face, I don't think he'll care much more about Arya. At least, he won't be out to kill her.

so basically Margaery just doomed the kingdom just to get out of jail

...and if she didn't do that KL would have erupted with riots thanks to the Tyrell's attempt to free her and Loras

lmao

belushy

Banned
Pls bite the dust Tommen.

Some minor likes:

-Edmure wasn't killed off-screen or acted as if he never existed.
-Brotherhood without Banners name drop this episode
#believeLSH

Also was that
Mormont flags
in the preview?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He might show up in Oldtown, but honestly, so long as he gets a face, I don't think he'll care much more about Arya. At least, he won't be out to kill her.
Yeah, I agree. He pretty much implied as much this episode. When the Waif told him about Arya, he was like "well whatever" and only agreed to let the Waif kill Arya after she demanded.

Aurongel

No one's mentioned it yet, I'm surprised...

So the flashback to the Mad King is totally foreshadowing to Bran driving him mad, right? I mean, it's been speculated about for the past week or so but this seems like a pretty clear confirmation or at least hint towards that. I thought they'd keep that one in the chamber for later, lol.

Betty

Banned

...and if she didn't do that KL would have erupted with riots thanks to the Tyrell's attempt to free her and Loras

lmao

She'll probably kill Tommen, make it look like the Sparrows did it then turn everyone against the faith, just guessing.

So the flashback to the Mad King is totally foreshadowing to Bran driving him mad, right? I mean, it's been speculated about for the past week or so but this seems like a pretty clear confirmation or at least hint towards that. I thought they'd keep that one in the chamber for later, lol.

I'd say it's a very, very good bet.

lmao

I think Margaery is playing the long game, they wouldn't have had the Loras scene if she was brainwashed. Even the choise of words when she meets Tommen sound like she was probing if he was againt the Sparrow.

I think she will team up with Cersei now that Olenna has.

What theory is this? And why would Bran drive him mad? Mental illness had been a fairly common thing in the line of Targaeryens, so why look to the supernatural?

kirblar

She'll probably kill Tommen, make it look like the Sparrows did it then turn everyone against the faith, just guessing.

I'd say it's a very, very good bet.
Could have been Bloodraven (and is why he warns Bran not to do it via the Hodor example.)

Sean C

Going by the promo for next week:

A real avalanche of minor Northern lords, etc. coming up. Glover! Mormont! Others, maybe!

Betty

Banned
What theory is this? And why would Bran drive him mad? Mental illness had been a fairly common thing in the line of Targaeryens, so why look to the supernatural?

Bran is looking into the past.

Meera/Benjen shouts "Burn them all!" referring to wights/white walkers etc.

The king hears it and goes mad.

Jamie thinks the king means to burn the people in Kings Landing.

The rest is history.

This is purely speculative.

bengraven

just started it.

This is one of the best "previously ons" I've seen in the series (I love these bits on HBO series - Deadwoods were the very best, with Carnivale very close).

That last little "Hodor..." after it faded to black.

:*(

Edit:

Oh shit, Bran is reading a Game of Thrones summary on wikipedia. Dragons, ned's dead, red wedding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom