• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll probably kill Tommen, make it look like the Sparrows did it then turn everyone against the faith, just guessing.

I'd say it's a very, very good bet.

Hmm I kind of like that theory
partly because that would be hilarious
. It's a shame that the show didn't build up Margaery as this sweet girl like the books to add to the *SHOCK* value.

I think Margaery is playing the long game, they wouldn't have had the Loras scene if she was brainwashed. Even the choise of words when she meets Tommen sound like she was probing if he was againt the Sparrow.

I think she will team up with Cersei now that Olenna has.

The populace is still clearly with the Sparrow though, they can team up but they all fucked up in their own special ways with the whole situation.

munchie64

Good to hear positive things, I won't be able to watch for a while. Who was the "old foe"?
Would anyone have loved last week's episode if it didn't have the Hodor scene in it?

I'm watching it again. The dialogue is so bad, especially in the Kingsmoot and Sansa scenes.

Thankfully Bryan Cogman is the writer tonight. I remember him being the good writer on the show.

"Where are my niece and nephew? Let's go murder them."
Nah. Every scene was good to really great. Only one that was just good was, yeah the Iron Islands stuff.. The acting and directing carried it. Don't see any problems with that line though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's the mailed fist of House Glover of Deepwood Motte.

aight, thanks. Was wondering during the initial watch, if that was Greatjon Umber, which I thought the show threw away the line that he died at the RW, but also remembered the Umber's are the crossing chain banner.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Did anyone think they were about to close the door and kill some more people when those men went to get Edmure?
The thought came to mind, but I realized it would make no sense. Well, I guess one of his sons could bop him off.
Can someone please explain the Blackfish guy to me. i don't recall ever seeing him; why is he suddenly so important?
He was Cat's uncle and one of Rob's closest commanders. He managed to not get killed at the Red Wedding by leaving to take a piss before it started.

Ros8105

DYrWjHp.jpg
You guys think we'll see more of this Mad King stuff?

Matticers

Can someone please explain the Blackfish guy to me. i don't recall ever seeing him; why is he suddenly so important?

He's Catelyn Stark's uncle and he escaped from the red wedding as all of that went down. As you can imagine, he's pretty pissed. He's also the uncle of Edmure, the guy who they had locked up and brought out.

Speevy

Banned
I can't figure out what's going on in the trailer.

Can someone tell me what is occurring with Sansa?

Spoiler tags of course

Lonestar

Cat's uncle, the guy who had to take the fire arrow shot at his brother during his funeral, when Cat's brother Edmure couldn't hit it in 3 tries.

Technically, Edmure is lord of Riverrun, but he's held captive. As it stands, Blackfish(Brynden) would be the steward of Riverrun in his stead, as there aren't any other Tully heirs around.

Blackfish also had wet shits he's enjoyed more than Walder Frey.

He was Cat's uncle and one of Rob's closest commanders. He managed to not get killed at the Red Wedding by leaving to take a piss before it started.[/QUOTE]

Oh, did a google search. man i'm really really bad with names especially on show lie this.

Kettch

Great episode, first time I've said that in a long time. Except for Jaime.

Defining moment for book Jaime, ignoring Cersei's request to defend her. Show Jaime, "Oh, please! Let me defend you!"

I still don't understand why they decided to butcher his character so completely.

clemenx

Banned
I would REALLY hate Bran being the reason of the Mad King madness. I really love the Targaryens just being at risk of randomly getting insane.

Tbh I think it's a given at this point. No reason for it to be that focused in those flashbacks.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I hope Bran is not some master architect of Westeros. If he influences a few things sure, but the theory he's orchestrates all important events doesn't sit well with me.

Lonestar

I would REALLY hate Bran being the reason of the Mad King madness. I really love the Targaryens just being at risk of randomly getting insane.

Tbh I think it's a given at this point. No reason for it to be that focused in those flashbacks.

It popped in my mind, "Burn them All" might be Bran dreamyelling to Dany to burn them all, as in dead/WW. Just gets the wrong Targaryan.

I'm just afraid there is too many storylines going on if they need to truly wrap this up in 17 episodes, that's less than two ''normal'' seasons. Or they just gonna drop/rush some of them and not give a fuck.

It popped in my mind, "Burn them All" might be Bran dreamyelling to Dany to burn them all, as in dead/WW. Just gets the wrong Targaryan.

What if they end up luring the army of the dead to King's Landing and raze the city with all of the wildfire? Somebody had to stash all of it, but the Mad King got a little carried away at the end....

I don't know, I really wouldn't like it if they went too far with Bran's abilities. I think/hope his is a better tool for knowing than it is for doing.

cj_iwakura

So was that a deathless episode? When's the last time we had one of those in this show?

For a moment I thought they were going to execute Margaery right then and there.

Loved that Sam manned up, even if not how I was hoping. Feels like things are coming to a head, didn't except the Freys to show up.

We need a screencap of the Mad King, that was surreal.

Speevy

Banned
Great episode, first time I've said that in a long time. Except for Jaime.

Defining moment for book Jaime, ignoring Cersei's request to defend her. Show Jaime, "Oh, please! Let me defend you!"

I still don't understand why they decided to butcher his character so completely.

But they're the only two people in this world X 100

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I can't figure out what's going on in the trailer.

Can someone tell me what is occurring with Sansa?

Spoiler tags of course
I assume she's trying to recruit one of the northern houses and they are pointing out that she a traitor who married into the Boltons. Hence the "I did what I had to to survive... I've always been a Stark"

devilhawk

I think Bloodraven has more to play, especially with what happened with the Mad King and setting up the events. Benjen did state that Bloodraven isn't dead.

It might not be explicit in the show, hell, even in the books, but I think Bloodraven is pulling far more strings than we realize.

The amount of Bloodraven involvement in the D&E novels is pretty staggering and requires multiple reads or just being flat out told.

Iksenpets

Banned
Kind of a slow episode. Quick thoughts:

- So Benjen is clearly taking Coldhands' role here. Which is funny after that theory got explicitly shot down for the books, they make it real for the show. Benjen feeding Bran blood has some eerie parellels to some of the book stuff where Coldhands feeds Bran what is clearly human meat, and the Jojenpaste stuff. Preparing him for Meerapaste? Also the dragon glass stuff seems like kind of a big reveal? It's not just a weapon but a vaccine?

- King's Landing is still the only place I have no idea where it's going. Margaery is definitely faking the conversion, but seems to have earnestly converted Tommen with her faking.

- Tarly scene was good, even if it does just seem to be a way to get Sam some Valyrian steel to study in Oldtown.

- They're going really slow with Arya. It's really weird to have the wait announce her plans to kill her, and then be like eh, it'll happen next episode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom