• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Championship 2 info (OXBM UK)

Pug

This months mag has a 4 page hands on preview of the game. It has an overview of the 3rd/1st person modes. Apparently the hand to hand combat is fairly simple, simple combos and block moves, but seems good fun. The engine used has been designed from the ground up for Xbox and graphically its signifcantly better than the first game, with upwards of 150,000 polygons per a scene (what ever that means). The pictures in the mag do look very impressive and the only dissapointment I could glean from the preview was the fact that on LIVE its limited to 8 players. Quite enjoyed the first game although I used to get murdered on LIVE so might give this game a try.

Cool. I'm not entirely convinced that they can pull it off well enough (FPS/3rd person Fighter lite) to make for some long-term lovin'...but I'd like to see it happen.

Pug

I was just think about the numbers online Element,a s with 8 people I'm quickly picked out as the weakest player so the 7 others constantly make a B line for me. Now have 16-20 online would have been great, I would have been able to hide more. I'll just have to practice more.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Between this, Halo 2, Conker and Mechassault 2 i think the second year of my Xbox live account will see a lot more action than the first.

Anyanka

The important question is.....who are the playable MK kharacters????? I know Raiden is one. Stryker should be in!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
its not just third person, its both, you can choose to be 1st person, but you have aerobatic moves and dodges to consider aswell as melee, this isnt just another unreal game. Personally i cant see the melee stuff being used all that often, but it should be a great arena shooter, theres not enough good deathmatch stuff on xbox live.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Heh, some people seem to think UC2 is just another port of an Unreal PC game. It's completely different this time guys. From what I've read, the game is first person with guns, and third person with melee weapons (a la Jedi Knight) and will play very differently than your typical FPS. Would onslaught even work in this game? :)

I can't wait for UC2, but have kind of put it aside right now, since it's not supposed to come out until next february at the earliest...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
siamesedreamer said:
Why don't they implement vehicles in this game? Screw the hand to hand combat!

I like the direction that the game is taking...it's different from th other FPS games, and plus, if you want vehicles and such, get UT2k4.

Top Bottom