• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unused PSN Account clearing/terminating?

jsrv

A few of my friends created some sub-accounts over my PSN main account over time. However, they do not use those accounts anymore, so I'd like to clear them off. Has anyone tried successfully terminating a PSN account before? I called Sony customer service earlier and said that they don't do that (Despite what the knowledge base said, but I may have worded it wrong earlier over the phone because they differentiate between deleting and terminating?). I'll try calling another representative at another time, but does terminating remove a sub-account from your list of accounts under account management of main account, or merely disable online access?

tanod

when is my burrito
I'll take a stab at this.

Sub-accounts aren't real PSN accounts. They're not attached to the store and the only thing that would be attached to them are the save files on the system itself and a name reserved on Sony's servers. I would think you could delete them without any adverse effects.

jsrv

tanod said:
I'll take a stab at this.

Sub-accounts aren't real PSN accounts. They're not attached to the store and the only thing that would be attached to them are the save files on the system itself and a name reserved on Sony's servers. I would think you could delete them without any adverse effects.

You mean I can remove them under Account Management of the main account myself? Can you tell me how?

jsrv said:
You mean I can remove them under Account Management of the main account myself? Can you tell me how?

Deactivate the sub account to be safe via account management, then delete from the system.

are these actual PSN sub accounts or just USER accounts on the ps3?

jsrv

pancakesandsex said:
Deactivate the sub account to be safe via account management, then delete from the system.

are these actual PSN sub accounts or just USER accounts on the ps3?

They are actual sub-accounts that have reserved PSN online ID's on Sony's systems.
I didn't even know you could deactivate/delete a sub-account, I don't recall seeing that option there anywhere (Closest thing is Parental controls). Does this also free up the PSN online ID name? I'll check through again when I get the chance.

tanod

when is my burrito
jsrv said:
They are actual sub-accounts that have reserved PSN online ID's on Sony's systems.
I didn't even know you could deactivate/delete a sub-account, I don't recall seeing that option there anywhere (Closest thing is Parental controls). Does this also free up the PSN online ID name? I'll check through again when I get the chance.

You have to be logged into an account to delete it.

jsrv

tanod said:
You have to be logged into an account to delete it.
Doesn't seem to be there, unless I'm missing something. Logging into a sub-account, you can see the following options

Edit Billing Information
Change Sign-in ID (E-mail address)
Edit Account Information (Real name/address)
Edit Online Profile (Avatar Icon)
Activate System
Update Notification Preference

Jim

jsrv said:
Doesn't seem to be there, unless I'm missing something. Logging into a sub-account, you can see the following options

Edit Billing Information
Change Sign-in ID (E-mail address)
Edit Account Information (Real name/address)
Edit Online Profile (Avatar Icon)
Activate System
Update Notification Preference

I think he meant choose their profile and log in as them, and hit triangle on the actual sub-user account name > Delete.

Online PS3 manual is your friend :)
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/users/deleteuser.html

Tntnnbltn

PirateSean said:
Can I deactivate an accout from all PS3s its on without doing it manually, one at a time?
No. You need to do it manually, otherwise any PS3 units with your account that aren't connected to the internet wouldn't know to revoke your rights to your downloaded games.

Top Bottom