• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming concert thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxygen (or whatever he's called these days) used to post these all time, and I found them quite fun. So, here are some shows I'll be attending soon. Post your lists if you feel like it.

08/13/04 -- Death Cab for Cutie, Pedro the Lion, and They Might be Giants. Waterfront Park. Portland, OR
09/03/04 -- Death Cab for Cutie, Presidents of the United States of America, United State of Electronica. Memorial Stadium. Seattle, WA.
09/04/04 -- The Pixies, Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists. Les Schwab Amphitheatre. Bend, OR
09/04/04 -- "Pixies/DCFC/Decemberists after party" with United State of Electronica, The Thermals, and DJ Ben Gibbard vs. DJ Colin Meloy. The Domino Room. Bend, OR.
09/07/04 -- Keane. The Showbox. Seattle, WA.
09/10/04 -- The Wrens. Crocodile Cafe. Seattle, WA.
09/25/04 -- Rilo Kiley. Neumo's. Seattle, WA**
09/29/04 -- Snow Patrol. The Showbox. Seattle, WA

**I want to see Rilo Kiley, but EndFest is very tempting, with Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Metric, X, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Echo and the Bunnymen, Violent Femmes, Super Deluxe, etc.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Weds 9/15 - The Melvins - Cambridge, MA
Sat 11/20 - Holly Golightly - Cambridge, MA

That's about it for me.

08/30/04 - My Chemical Romance @ In The Venue

09/01/04 - The Kinison @ Kilby Court

09/18/04 - Gatsby's American Dream @ Lo-Fi Cafe (ROCK!!!!!!)

09/29/04 - The Bled @ Lo-Fi Cafe (OOOHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!)

09/29/04 - Underoath @ Lo-Fi Cafe

10/14/04 - The Blood Brothers @ Lo-Fi Cafe (WOOT!!!!!!!)

Checking out Modest Mouse along w/ openers The Walkmen this weekend at some shitty block party for shitty Q101.

Then it's The Faint/Tv On the Radio in Oct., along w/ -hopefully- another Chicago visit paid by Ted Leo and Pharmacists. Also checking out The Wrens (w/ a good opener whose name escapes me this moment) that month.

Not much else. Franz Ferdinand can kiss my ass for what they're charging this month.

element

Super Deluxe
they are back together? wow. memories!

here is my list.
Thu 08/19/04 The Divorce Neumo's
Fri 09/03/04 Helio Sequence Chop Suey
Fri 09/03/04 Presidents Of The United States Of America Bumbershoot
Sat 09/04/04 The Unicorns Neumo's
Sat 09/04/04 The Black Keys Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 Ben Kweller Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 Liz Phair Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 Public Enemy Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 The Beta Band Bumbershoot
Sun 09/05/04 The Walkmen Bumbershoot
Mon 09/06/04 Built To Spill Bumbershoot
Mon 09/06/04 Critters Buggin' Bumbershoot
Mon 09/06/04 Pixies Bumbershoot
Mon 09/06/04 The Killers Bumbershoot
Tue 09/07/04 French Kicks Showbox
Fri 09/10/04 The Wrens Crocodile Cafe
Wed 09/29/04 Eisley Showbox
Wed 09/29/04 Snow Patrol Showbox
Fri 10/01/04 Ratatat Chop Suey
Fri 11/05/04 and you will know us by the trail of dead Neumo's
Sat 11/06/04 TV On The Radio Showbox
Mon 11/15/04 De La Soul Showbox
Wed 11/17/04 Guided By Voices Neumo's
Fri 11/19/04 R.E.M. Marion Oliver McCaw Hall

Bumbershoot looks awesome, especially that sunday!! I'm going to get backstage :D

White Man

You could do me a big favor and get me back stage at Bumbershoot, too, ya know?

And my concert schedule could probably be pieced together from the other Seattle ones in this thread. Except nobody is going to Xiu Xiu, Deerhoof and The Decemberists on September 9th? For SHAME!

element said:
they are back together? wow. memories!

Bumbershoot looks awesome, especially that sunday!! I'm going to get backstage :D

Yeah, Braden Blake (who released a great solo CD earlier this year) mentioned on his webpage a couple months ago that Super Deluxe was recording an EP and would be at EndFest.

Aside from Friday, I'm avoiding Bumbershoot and heading to Bend for the Pixies/DCFC/Decemberists show, and then the sweet after party with USE. I wouldn't mind seeing BtS and the Killers, but I want to get out of Seattle for three days.

Heading down to Portland in a few hours for DCFC....

White Man said:
You could do me a big favor and get me back stage at Bumbershoot, too, ya know?

And my concert schedule could probably be pieced together from the other Seattle ones in this thread. Except nobody is going to Xiu Xiu, Deerhoof and The Decemberists on September 9th? For SHAME!

Eh, I saw the Decemberists last Friday at a benefit show in Portland, and I'll be seeing them in Bend on the 4th. I don't think my body could handle another show in such a short period of time.

tt_deeb

LinesInTheSand said:
08/25/04 - Yes w/ Dream Theater

Sexay. I saw an ad for that, pretty sweet. I have no plans really for this year. Hopefully Nine Inch Nails will begin touring or something, I don't know. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom