• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UPS Sucks

Belfast

OK. So you've waited a few months with bated breath for a game you want (Chains of Promathia). Then, the Japanese get it a few days before you. You can deal with this, it seems unfair, but its not entirely unexpected. Release day in the US comes, but shipping is delayed due to difficulties concerning a hurricane. It sucks, hardcore. But, its a natural disaster, so you're still mad, but it can also be somewhat understood as something that's not under anyone's control. So, finally, your game is shipped to you. EB Games gives you your tracking number that tells you it shipped on the 22nd VIA UPS, Next Day Air delivery. You follow the tracking number all morning. You watch the package go from warehouse to warehouse until it ends up in/near your town/city. The tracker says On Time and you clearly see it says its received its Arrival Scan at its last stop before being delivered to your abode.

A couple hours later, you check the status again, wondering what's the hold up.

"Delivery rescheduled for 9/24/04."

WTF?!

OK, so I paid overnight shipping for a game I've already waited for long enough just to wait another day for absolutely NO reason. The UPS man did NOT come (but I know he was out, because I saw the truck on the way to go check for Katamari Damashii right down the street), because he didn't leave a notice on my door, nor did he leave it with the office, nor does it even indicate "Delivered" on the tracker. And yet, my copy sits in their distribution center IN TOWN. I would consider going to get it myself if I had any clue where the distro center was, but this is simply unacceptable. I paid $10 for their shipping and the don't get it to me on the desired date and they don't provide me with a reason either.

UGH, DDR Extreme came yesterday, via Fedex, ON TIME, with NO complications.

UPS can eat a dick.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Agreed. They fucked up on my goddamn Phantom Dust import!!
Was supposed to be here today but the bitch is still sittin in hong kong for some reason....

Tritroid

Please tell me you filed a complaint with them? Paying for 1 day shipping and then not receiving it on the designated time is like breaking contract imo.

One time UPS ended up delivery a game to me 3 days late, and when I actually got it, I found it in a side-garden off the side of my front porch. So apparently the dude had just tossed it.

I filed a complaint, and have since been spreading the word that UPS sucks complete ass and I want them to go out of business. Long live Fedex/DHL

From my own experiences I can say that DHL is always a day slower than UPS/FedEx.
I'm quite content with the speed and service of FedEx but the last time I imported something (Star Ocean 3) I had to pay an insane amount of custom fee (16 €) and did not even get a bill.
I did not complain, because I wanted the game badly but I soon discovered that it sucks...

I put the blame on Squenix...

Belfast

Surprisingly, I got my game, but no thanks to the idiots at the distro center for not even updating the tracker. I have no hate for the UPS guys that drive around and deliver stuff, but the company itself still sucks ass.

I worked for UPS for a while loading trucks. Damn that job sucked.
Packages occasionally get put into the wrong truck. Thing is UPS pays the people who load those things less an hour than you paid to have it shipped and that said person ends up loading probably around 2,000 packages in an evening and that is using ancient equipment that gets in the way to the extent mistakes are frequently made. You'd think they'd hire more people for those $8.50 an hour jobs since they can make it back with one package an hour, but thet suck. If they did do that, though, there'd probably be less problems since people wouldn't be overworked and there'd be more of a division of labor rather than having the same person scan packages, load, and adjust medeival loading equipment as a rush of packages falls on them.
Also, most people who work for UPS are dumb as nails.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I was hoping to get my Star Wars DVDs today, but the bastard tried to deliver just 10 minutes after I had left to go to my last class of the day. I left a note saying that I didn't care if he let a neighbor sign for it, but he didn't, which I suppose I can understand. I'm just bitter.

cvxfreak

I hate UPS for SO many reasons.

They deliver during inconvenient hours of the day. Then I order three day select shipping on Friday, but they don't count the damn weekends as part of transit time, so it was effectively five day select. Jesus Christ, Priority Mail for life.

CVXFREAK said:
I hate UPS for SO many reasons.

They deliver during inconvenient hours of the day. Then I order three day select shipping on Friday, but they don't count the damn weekends as part of transit time, so it was effectively five day select. Jesus Christ, Priority Mail for life.
Um, of course they don't count it as part of the days. It's 3 BUSINESS days, not 3 days in general. Christ, some of the complaints from people are ridiculous...

ChrisReid

LinesInTheSand said:
Um, of course they don't count it as part of the days. It's 3 BUSINESS days, not 3 days in general. Christ, some of the complaints from people are ridiculous...

You're totally right, but I find that the USPS does a good job of working weekends. I mail a lot of stuff to the east coast (from the west) on Friday via regular priority mail and it arrives promptly monday almost all of the time.

Top Bottom