• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve is working on a new game codenamed 'White Sands'

Draugoth

Gold Member
Edit: Claimed to be new Half Life Game

Someone tracked down a resume and found out that it seems Valve is working on another game besides Deadlock:

zOgJi2C.png

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Can't say there's anything exciting about Valve announcing a new game at this point, for me at least. I haven't had an iota of interest in anything they've done since Portal 2... do they even have the dev teams to make a compelling single-player game anymore (and y'know... not VR or some gimmickry?)

It'll be some multiplayer shlock anyway.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I can't bring myself to even care anymore for anything Valve does on the side of game development.

Chances are it will take six years of work and get cancelled at the last minute.
And it's probably a GAAS anyway.

Wildebeest

That's just what they call the cocaine budget in accounting. The devs use it so they can think up new unbelievable reasons to explain that they are really still making games despite not making games any more.

Last edited:

Holammer

Probably a card collecting game or something similarly disappointing
They already did that with Artifact, but they prefer if we forget about it and Dota Underlords (which was a silly trend chase for a new genre that died off). They should do another single player experience like HL-Alyx, but a non-vr game. It won't be as profitable, but art for art's sake.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
They already did that with Artifact, but they prefer if we forget about it and Dota Underlords (which was a silly trend chase for a new genre that died off). They should do another single player experience like HL-Alyx, but a non-vr game. It won't be as profitable, but art for art's sake.
I think everyone is hoping for something big. Like you say, profitable or not, the fanbase have definitely been waiting for long enough.

Three

Anybody else feel as though Valve is preparing for a steam machine/console launch? What if we have the steam on xbox rumour all wrong? What if it's just GP/'xbox' on a Valve steam machine?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Tyler suspects it's that, which I want to believe. But at this point, I'd just be happy to get another HL title that's single player-centric. I feel like asking for HL3 is just too much of a big ask, especially now. If they finally DO provide it... cool, lol.

Anybody else feel as though Valve is preparing for a steam machine/console launch? What if we have the steam on xbox rumour all wrong? What if it's just GP/'xbox' on a Valve steam machine?
There hasn't been any updates regarding SteamOS coming out to desktops. Last time Valve said anything about SteamOS, they were planning on making it available to other PC handhelds before moving onto desktops.

Top Bottom