• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Final Destination 3-D !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
June 9, 2004... New Line Cinema has asked the team behind the original FINAL DESTINATION to come back and create FINAL DESTINATION 3 -- and what do you know, they said yes.

Writer/director James Wong and writer/producer Glen Morgan were the necessary ingredients for New Line to greenlight the third horror film in the death-comes-a-callin' franchise. No details about what sort of ghastly accident that sets the plot in motion are known, but there have been whispers that a third FINAL DESTINATION may be filmed in 3-D.

Give me a hell yeah on both counts. I was hoping the original creators would come back and now there are rumors that it will be in 3D? Holy shit! I'll be seeing it a dozen times in theatres if true. Can you guys imagine all the body parts and deadly objects that will be flying around?

This series is great. The second one was goofy but it had some truly excellent kills. The writing just wasn't nearly as good as the first movie though. FD3D will probably have better writing now that the original team is back. This is the best movie related news I've heard in months.

The team behind the original? I hated the first one. The second one was great just for the camp factor and the gore. I hope it's more in line with that one...

Mason

I never saw the first one but the second was completely retarded (except for the highway scene at the beginning). 3D would definitely put my ass in the seat, though; I'm a sucker for 3D movies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
please be 3d as in clear glasses pop out and scream "omg!" 3d instead of the red/blue awefully eye killing and equilibrium screwing wannabe 3d.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Semjaza Azazel said:
The team behind the original? I hated the first one. The second one was great just for the camp factor and the gore. I hope it's more in line with that one...

That's partially why I didn't like the second one. A little camp factor is okay I guess but they really went overboard in FD2 imo. Plus the music in some parts sounded like it was from a B movie. I don't know if that was intentional or not but I didn't like it.

The second one also lacked some of the creepier parts of the first film (like Death's shadow) and because of that it just seemed like a bunch of random stuff was killing people instead of them being actively stalked like it the first one.

Also the first film had some sick humor to it, like a couple of times when Death shows up you'll hear John Denver's Rocky Mountain High in the background (for those of you who don't get it... JD died in a plane crash just like the folks in the movie should have).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom