• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[video] Simple 2000 Series Vol. 64: The Splatter Action

slpm62545.gif

http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/pv_splatter.asx

This looks pretty fun! I had assumed that it was a takeoff on Splatterhouse, but it looks a bit different. It reminds me of NES/PCE sidescrollers...simple theme, simple action, big bosses. Being one of these shoestring-budget games, I'm sure it'll be short and have recycled material, but it looks better than most of them.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
That reminds me, I still need to get The Cowgirl In A Bikini Slashes Up Zombies.

Did anything ever come of those Amazon/EB/whatever listings for a PS2 Splatterhouse? That must have been a year or so ago now, so I guess it's just an idle dream.

edit: SOLD

B'z-chan

Banned
That looks pretty damn cool. I wouldnt mind getting that. Hmmm makes me wish that they would make a Xmas theme version of this game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Stupid question time... what was the Simple 2000 series, again? My mind is failing me at the moment.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that looks...unaccountably great. right. it's settled: here begins my descent into the seamy underworld of simple 2000. off to order it.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
drohne said:
that looks...unaccountably great. right. it's settled: here begins my descent into the seamy underworld of simple 2000. off to order it.

I think you'd dig Vol 31: The Chikyuu Boueigun, too. It's amazing.

ferricide

D2M15 said:
That reminds me, I still need to get The Cowgirl In A Bikini Slashes Up Zombies.
you mean 'the oneechanbara' (the title's a pun, thus awkward.)

it acutally sucks. people are so quick to champion simple 2000 games, but you could do way better if you just bought a discounted, originally full-price game in the US. or in japan, for that matter.

D2M15 said:
I think you'd dig Vol 31: The Chikyuu Boueigun, too. It's amazing.
Yes. There's something very satisfying about blowing up giant space ants at 5fps.

I was gonna start a Simple 2000 thread awhile back, hoping someone would suggest a hidden gem on par with the Chikyuu Boueigun. But I chickened out. I decided throwing away money was a better idea, and started buying Simple games at random, none of which were nearly as good as Chikyuu. I finally quit after totally bugging out and buying Love Aerobics. At least I stopped before I got The Cat Fight, or The Friendship or whatever that homosexual adventure game is called.

The Splatter Action looks hot enough to get me back into the Simple games, though. I preordered it last night, and figured I may as well get that bikini girl zombie game while I was at it. If it sucks - and I refuse to believe it does until I play it - I'll put it on ebay as BIKINI DYNASTY WARRIORS SEXY L@@K and get my $20 back.

COCKLES

being watched
MightyHedgehog said:
The Simple X series is a line of budget-priced games...usually simplistic-looking and generic-playing titles.

Shouldn't the entire PS2 lineup be under the 2000 umbrella then? :D

hooo

boooy
VERY cool looking. What's the best place to buy from? NCSX didn't have it, but play asia did for $26. If there a cheaper place to buy it, or is $26 about as low as it'll go outside japan.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
ferricide said:
you mean 'the oneechanbara' (the title's a pun, thus awkward.)
it acutally sucks.

SOLD!

people are so quick to champion simple 2000 games, but you could do way better if you just bought a discounted, originally full-price game in the US. or in japan, for that matter.

Don't fret, I buy plenty of bad Western games too. At full-price, even!

Rummy Bunz said:
and started buying Simple games at random, none of which were nearly as good as Chikyuu.

Yeah, Chikyuu's the exception to the rule, mainly because it's by an otherwise respectable developer (Sandlot, IIRC) who must have needed to pay for the staff Christmas party that week or something.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, i've had my eye on chikyuu boeigun for a while. i suppose i'll order that along with splatter action.

and you know, i've had a copy of robot alchemic drive sitting around for a year and i haven't even touched it. i should get to that.

BuddyC

If there's one thing I've learned lately, it's that I need to start importing more games. Mr Driller Drill Land has shown me the light.

If only modding a PS2 was as easy as the GC.

D2M15 said:
Robot Alchemic Drive and Tetsujin 28-GO.
HOLY MOLEY. They did that Gigantor game? I need to play that now.

The Giant Bikini Girl is vol. 50: The Daibijin. It's better than most of their stroke games, but that's not saying much. You don't get to play as the girl, but as a helicopter trying to take her down. You can shoot her in the butt with a giant syringe! And that's about it for the funnz.

Top Bottom