• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vieo's "Was there a sequel to that damn game!?" thread

Vieo

Were there sequels to any of these games? (even if they were never released in the U.S.)

Master Blaster
Street Fighter 2010
Bad Dudes
Target Renegade
Code Name Viper
Marble Madness
Lifeforce
The Wrath of Black Manta
Hylide
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Brandish
Secret of Evermore
Robot Gyromite
The Legend of Kage
KungFu
Wolf Child
Guardian Legend
Tetris =)
R.C. Proam
Top Gear
Sewer Shark
Tai'fu (PSOne, rememeber the tiger doing martial arts?)
Space Megaforce

Ehhh.. and I think thats about it.

EDIT: Wait a minute. It's either "Master Blaster" or "Blaster Master". The guy's frog falls down a hole, and grows super large when it comes in contact with some radiation box. He goes in after it and then finds a tank. I never beat the game. Spent 4 hours getting to the last stage, only to lose all my lives and continues in 4 minutes.

Vieo said:
Were there sequels to any of these games? (even if they were never released in the U.S.)

Master Blaster

Blaster Master dammit! BLASTER MASTER.

Yes, Blaster Master 2 for Genesis, Blaster Master Boy for GameBoy, Blaster Master Below for Game Boy Color, and Blaster Master: Blasting Again for PlayStation.

Also, R.C. Pro-Am had a sequel (R.C. Pro-Am 2) and so did Top Gear (Top Gear 2, which, BTW, was the best racing game on SNES).

Just looking quick, I know there were Blaster Master and R.C. Pro Am sequels.

In addition to R.C. Pro Am 2 for the NES that DJ mentioned, there was also Super R.C. Pro Am (for the GB, not the SNES) and Championship Pro-Am for the Genesis, which was a port of the original with a couple updates (I think they may have still had you spell out "Nintendo" on the track for that one too, even though Nintendo didn't publish it of course).

MoxManiac

Blaster Master, Blaster Master 2, Blaster Master Boy, and Blaster Master Blasting Again...did I miss any?

EDIT: Wow, I should have totally read DJ Demon's post.

Vieo

A playstation Blaster Master?! Was it any good? If it is, I'll have to look for it, although you would probably only find it on ebay.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Master Blaster - i assume you mean "blaster master," and yeah, there were two sequels: blaster master 2 on genesis, and blaster master: blasting again on psx. neither is much good.

Marble Madness - there was a sequel in development called "marble man," but it was never actually released. famously some dude has put together two cabinets. he's got a website somewhere.

Lifeforce - yep, salamander II. and it's brilliant. ported to saturn and psx in the salamander deluxe pack.

Hylide - super hydlide on genesis, virtual hydlide on saturn. haven't played either one, but they both look awful. remember the original hydlide being pretty awful as well, actually.

Tetris =) - lots of awful ones. plus tetris attack. which is great. but isn't tetris.

Top Gear - top gear 2 and top gear 3000 (or something) on snes, plus i think some n64 games that share the name but little else.

Space Megaforce - called "super aleste" in japan, it's part of a loose, long-running series of games called zanac/aleste. it has many predecessors, but the closest thing to a sequel is zanac neo on playstation, which comes bundled with the old zanac in a package called "zanac x zanac." it's fantastic and in much the same style as space megaforce. i think it's sort of rare and expensive now, but it's well worth it.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
I'll hit a few which might have already been covered in the time it took me to write this up.

In a weird sort of way, you could call Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu a sequel, since the original was based on Chan's Spartan X movie. But mostly no.

Marble Madness

In prototype only, see http://www.safestuff.com/marbleman.htm

About a kazillion -- Tetris 2, Bombliss, Tetris Plus, etc. etc. etc.

Top Gear's a long running multi-console series. Search "top gear" on gamefaqs.

M3wThr33

Banned
rcproam2.jpg

They made 2 on the NES and 2 on the GB, I'm pretty sure.

And why is Tetris still listed there?
tetris_2nes.jpg

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Vieo said:
A playstation Blaster Master?! Was it any good? If it is, I'll have to look for it, although you would probably only find it on ebay.

Very, very good, and should be about $4.99-$9.99 at every Toys'r'Us or Borders Bookstore bargain PSX/PS2 display.

brandonnn said:
In a weird sort of way, you could call Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu a sequel, since the original was based on Chan's Spartan X movie. But mostly no.
Isn't Vigilante a sequel to Kung Fu? Spiritually, at least.

Brandish - Yes, there's Brandish 2, 2 Expert, VT, 3, and 4. Most of those came out on Japanese PCs, but 2 and 2 Expert were also on SFC.

Top Bottom