• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful Joe 2. IGN review. Unngh

Closing Comments
All sequels should be this fun. Viewtiful Joe 2 conjures the same level of visceral entertainment as the first, while expanding the formula by introducing new moves, enemies and vehicles. The introduction of Joe’s girlfriend, Sylvia, is a great addition that just adds depth to an already deep and thoroughly satisfying game experience. If you hated the first, then don’t bother with this one. But if you’re a normal, healthy human being, then you loved the first one. And if that’s the case, then it looks like it’s time to bust out those red tights and blue mini skirt, because Viewtiful Joe 2 delivers exactly what you want: a super stylish, extremely challenging and riveting time in Movie Land. Recommended to anyone who loves video games. Henshin-a-go-go!

9.0 Presentation
Like the first game, VJ2 is a very polished game featuring a fully realized cartoon world. Great menus and interface.

9.0 Graphics
Very bright and wildly unique. Great effects and style, with smooth animation.

8.5 Sound
Great, cheesy voice work and remixed tunes from the first game make VJ2 feel like home.

9.0 Gameplay
Brilliantly executed 2D brawler chock full of action and humor. Great, mind bending puzzles throughout.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
You'll beat this game several times just because it's so damn fun.

OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

Tritroid

Not bad at all.

btw, they reviewed VJ2 before MP2?...MP2 comes out in 4 days while VJ2 doesn't release until the end of the month.

SantaC

Tritroid said:
Not bad at all.

btw, they reviewed VJ2 before MP2?...MP2 comes out in 4 days while VJ2 doesn't release until the end of the month.

basicly PS2 section reviewed it.

just finished reading the review. Sounds like a delay purchase to me; bit too samey.

which version do you guys think will sell better?

PS2 or cube? I can't say which

Tritroid

TheGreenGiant said:
just finished reading the review. Sounds like a delay purchase to me; bit too samey.

which version do you guys think will sell better?

PS2 or cube? I can't say which
*shrugs*

I can tell you which one will LOOK better though...

The first one sucked really, really bad. No buy, not even a rent for VJ2. This series HAS to die, as do a couple of Capcom's franchises.

Grubdog

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
The first one sucked really, really bad. No buy, not even a rent for VJ2. This series HAS to die, as do a couple of Capcom's franchises.
You might as well quit videogames.

Grubdog said:
You might as well quit videogames.

Oh please. VJ only got attention, because it was part of the "incredible"Capcom 5, an excellent example of the unique Nintendo difference! That's the impression I got of that hype. Henshin-a-go-go my ass.

Koshiro

Guns N' Poops said:
Oh please. VJ only got attention, because it was part of the "incredible"Capcom 5, an excellent example of the unique Nintendo difference! That's the impression I got of that hype. Henshin-a-go-go my ass.
I'm going to kill you now.

Culex

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:

No, it got the most attention because at the time, it was the only good game from the Capcom 5. It's your own personal opinion the game sucked, but that doesn't change the fact that the game did NOT suck. You don't get high scores and accolades for a suckfest, unless you're Final Fantasy.

mumu

Screenboy said:
I Agree With You.
IAWTP

However i'm getting the feeling that VJ2 is one of those uninspired sequels. Where's the difference to VJ really, besides the new move.

Bebpo

Banned
mumu said:
IAWTP

However i'm getting the feeling that VJ2 is one of those uninspired sequels. Where's the difference to VJ really, besides the new move.

No difference really, but unlike most uninspired sequels the level designs are just as well though out as the first game. It's kinda like the old school arcade sequels where the core gameplay is the same but the new levels and challenges are what makes it a legit sequel.

Top Bottom