• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful JOE anime started from October in Japan

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Coooooooooool. I hope it doesn't suck, but I won't be surprised if it does. Who's making it, BTW?

Meier

Killer news. This should definitely result in a more successful Viewtiful JOE 2 if nothing else which is great to hear. Hope that Soldats or one of the other quality groups subs it..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Awesome. Even if the anime sucks, still awesome news since it shows that the popularity around the franchise is growing

explodet

Defensor said:
Will Dante be in it?
Why not, he's in EVERYTHING ELSE!
:D

If the anime is anything like those nine shorts they released online to promote the game, it should definitely be something to watch.

Vlad

explodet said:
Why not, he's in EVERYTHING ELSE!
:D

If the anime is anything like those nine shorts they released online to promote the game, it should definitely be something to watch.

Is there anywhere online where I can find those shorts? I'm curious to see them now that I'm more familiar with the game itself...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Woo hoo!!!!!!

Anyway... 52 eps isn't that long... trying to watch all of Inuyasha or Ranma... now that's a pain in the ass. ;)

Jan

As long as it have a closed ending it doesn´t matter to me if is 52 or 26 eps .

I just finished of see ep 46 of Full Metal Alchemist and never gets boring , just keeps getting better and better . And its 52 eps long . Best series this year .

Btw , which studio is doing this ? Any info?

Soul4ger

MrCheez said:
Woo hoo!!!!!!

Anyway... 52 eps isn't that long... trying to watch all of Inuyasha or Ranma... now that's a pain in the ass. ;)

I'm pretty sure those manga were fairly (wildly) popular before TV studios signed on for an enormous amount of episodes. VJ sold like, what, 120K on the GC in Japan?

Soul4ger

Society said:
Capcom, see want happens when you put your game on PS2?

I'm gonna be curious to see the VJ sell-through numbers. We sold out of the GC one five times, though I'm sure low shipment numbers had something to do with that, but my store has only sold a single copy of the PS2 version since. Not to say that isn't expected, given that it's almost a year old and all that, but still... I hope Capcom isn't anticipating a revolution.

Chrono

Banned
THIS october? That's fast. I guess we should expect a trailer soon!

Jan said:
I just finished of see ep 46 of Full Metal Alchemist and never gets boring , just keeps getting better and better . And its 52 eps long . Best series this year .

Sorry to say this.. but FMA is only 50 episodes. :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chrono said:
THIS october? That's fast. I guess we should expect a trailer soon!

Sorry to say this.. but FMA is only 50 episodes. :(
Anime News Network's encyclopedia lists it at 51 episodes. I've heard 50, 51, and 52 as possibilities.

And regardless, the difference between 50 and 52 episodes in terms of how boring/exciting it is is pretty negligible.

Chrono

Banned
MetatronM said:
Anime News Network's encyclopedia lists it at 51 episodes. I've heard 50, 51, and 52 as possibilities.

And regardless, the difference between 50 and 52 episodes in terms of how boring/exciting it is is pretty negligible.

It was meant to be 52, then 51, and now it's only going to be 50 episodes. Gundam SEED: Destiny will air on the first week of October taking FMA's spot. Last saturday FMA 46 aired there are only 4 more saturdays until october.

Jan

So just 4 more eps of FMA?

Damn !

Well , since last ep all plot have been uncovered I guess its time to end this wonderfulanime .

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chrono said:
It was meant to be 52, then 51, and now it's only going to be 50 episodes. Gundam SEED: Destiny will air on the first week of October taking FMA's spot. Last saturday FMA 46 aired there are only 4 more saturdays until october.
Stupid Gundam SEED. :(

Bebpo

Banned
Chrono said:

Errr...SEED Destiny starts October 9th. That leaves 5 saturdays left. FMA has always been planned to be 51 eps from the start and will still be 51 eps when it ends. The October 2nd/3rd debut of SEED Destiny is happening at special 'theaters' in Japan, ep1 on broadcast TV is October 9th.

Bebpo

Banned
sp0rsk said:
more importantly

10/06 BECK TV東京 水 / 25:30

Well that and:

10/05 BLEACH TV東京   火 / 18:30

Although personally I think Bleach will get horribly butchered in it's anime conversion. The character design difference already makes me sad :(

Chrono

Banned
Bebpo said:
Errr...SEED Destiny starts October 9th. That leaves 5 saturdays left. FMA has always been planned to be 51 eps from the start and will still be 51 eps when it ends. The October 2nd/3rd debut of SEED Destiny is happening at special 'theaters' in Japan, ep1 on broadcast TV is October 9th.

Owned. :(

That's good news though. More FMA = awesome. :D

I did not know it was planned to be 51 episodes from the start since Animesuki (in their "how many episodes" topic) have it at 50 and that list is updated every time something new comes up. Gundam SEED was also 50 episdoes at the same time slot so that kinda added to it...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
sp0rsk said:
more importantly

10/06 BECK TV東京 水 / 25:30

Amen.

Although I am very hesitant at how they're going to put forth a Zack de la Rocha lead vocalist, Jimmy Hendrix skill level lead guitarist, j-pop turned into indie rock fanboy with a voice of gold equivalent to Jeff Buckley, with a mixture of ex-Luna Sea J style bass guitarist and a dash of Bonzo/Yoshiki drummer skills.

Adored the manga is by many, but I am hoping against hope that the animation doesn't fall over on it's arse. The only good musician anime happen to be Macross 7 and perhaps the rap tunes of Kodomo no Omocha's starlet and her pimp.

neo2046

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040906/vj.htm
VJ Anime conference today

vj01.jpg

new original character

vj07.jpg

Top Bottom