• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viva Las Vegas (GT4)

Dekajelly

1luvu.gif

HOT!

102477_1090428088.jpg

102477_1090428100.jpg

102477_1090428118.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
/troll It won't look like that!

Wow that looks pretty f'n sweet even if that is the replay.... Looks to have some nice lighting going on there... and nice to see drag racing seems to have finally made it in.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I absolutely LOVE the motion blur they use during replays (3rd shot)...

Finally, the game will look just like the video intro in GT3 (which was realtime footage + additional blurring).

Solid

If this game is supposed to be out in November I have to pass. Both Halo 2 and GTA:SA will keep me going all winter.

Looks great though! I still play Prologue now and then :)

FightyF

Banned
It looks great!

Anyone know if the final game will have headlights working? If they are going to have night-time tracks/races...they gotta have some more light.

Gek54

Fight for Freeform said:
It looks great!

Anyone know if the final game will have headlights working? If they are going to have night-time tracks/races...they gotta have some more light.

Ever drive around a parking lot at night and not notice your lights were not on...yeah, same thing here. If the tracks are fully lit then there is no point.

FightyF

Banned
Ever drive around a parking lot at night and not notice your lights were not on...yeah, same thing here. If the tracks are fully lit then there is no point.

No I haven't done that, but I see your point. Parking lots are quite often sufficiently lit so that you don't really need more lights.

In the case of Las Vegas, the place is lit up at night and so for that track, I can see that you don't need lights.

But you do need headlights working on racetracks like Nurbergring and night time city tracks. Unless they don't plan on offering night tracks like these, working headlights is vital for night tracks IMO.

Ever try Nurburgring at night online? In PGR2 of course. It's awesome, especially because when you get your lights knocked out, it's a challenge!

Ploid 3.0

Wow, and this game will have online play. Might tear me away from that other online game. I'll get owned in this game though :(

gtmax

A little translation from the German site:

SCED (SCE Germany) had a press conference at the cinema in the Ring Museum at the Nürburgring.
Kaz presented GT4 - and he had the idea for a game like Gran Turismo already at the age of 15!
500 cars, 80 manufacturer, more than 50 tracks.
- „GT Photo Mode“
- „GT Online Mode“
- „GT Career Simulation Mode“
- „GT Arcade Mode“ on 8 unique racetracks

GT Online Mode:
6 players + chat and a wide menu to build up a community and discuss car related things

GT Photo Mode:
Take pictures at Piazza San Marco, Shibuya, Tsumago, Sagano etc, save them to MC and print it out with a USB printer

Everything bigger better faster more than ever, real life like tracks and backgrounds, more than 5000 polys per car, spectators in 3D...

At the end of the PR event the press were allowed to drive 2 laps on the Ring with a Audi TT (250 hp) and after that the comparison to the PS2 version - very close.
And after that a autocross with a 200 hp Honda (S2000?)

Looks like the final game should be available at the beginning of November - this year?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Can anyone confirm of GT4 will bring back the Formula 1 cars?

I can't wait to race around Nurburgring online!

Gek54

SolidSnakex said:
"GT Online Mode:
6 players + chat"

Polyphony is just too good to us.

Dont be too quick to think that is chat durring the race. Lobby chat is the only thing confirmed.

Dekajelly

isamu said:
Can anyone confirm of GT4 will bring back the Formula 1 cars?

I can't wait to race around Nurburgring online!

Juan Pablo Montoya driving a F094/S during a press event at last year's Japanese Grand Prix, I think. :D
piguet06.jpg

piguet07.jpg

jarrod said:
Heh, for a second I read that as Viva Las Vegas (GTA4). Then I thought the shots looked really good. :)

Yeah, I read it that way too. :( I was hoping Rockstar wised up to the idea of having GTA set in Vegas.

Error Macro said:
Yeah, I read it that way too. :( I was hoping Rockstar wised up to the idea of having GTA set in Vegas.

Even though it's off topic, SA takes place in 3 cities, one based on LA, the 2nd based on San Francisco and the 3rd based on Vegas.

SolidSnakex said:
Even though it's off topic, SA takes place in 3 cities, one based on LA, the 2nd based on San Francisco and the 3rd based on Vegas.

Wow! I haven't been keeping up with the news on that title, but that's great. I'm slowing being turned onto the idea that the game might just be a great one.

Anyway, so to bring things back on topic, I must say: GT4 could be a title that convinces me to buy a PS2.

Error Macro said:
Wow! I haven't been keeping up with the news on that title, but that's great. I'm slowing being turned onto the idea that the game might just be a great one.

Anyway, so to bring things back on topic, I must say: GT4 could be a title that convinces me to buy a PS2.

NOW!?!?!?

It really does look like the Las Vegas strip, somewhere I've been many many times in my life. Ideal place to drag race... if you can erase the traffic, hehe. Nice that you can see Bellagio and Paris in the second shot.

Top Bottom