• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VJ's PS2 Japan sales

M3wThr33

Banned
9 Viewtiful Joe: A New Hope Capcom PS2 ACT 9,912 9,912

9,912 in the first week? That's pretty bad, unless I'm missing something. Is this the PS2 re-release with an even MORE ridiculous easy mode?

AniHawk

The PS2 version did just a BIT better in Japan than it did in the US for its first week. However, the Japanese release will pretty much die here while VJ should go on to sell multiples of its current amount as it has a cheap sale price and is being advertised.

nubbe

What the hell is wrong with people?
One of the most stylish and entreating games for a long time get overlooked... disgusting

AniHawk

M3wThr33 said:
Should we expect the same for SMB DX and SMC+?

No. Sonic is a bigger franchise, and Monkey Ball should at least do well on the PS2. In Japan, I wouldn't expect much though.

Rhindle

MightyHedgehog said:
Probably because all of the hype was spent on the initial GC release. The game's not a mass-appeal title, IMO.
Exactly. The better question is, how many people who bought the first game based on the hype will come back for VJ2?

M3wThr33

Banned
Yes. Yes it is. Hopefully the bombing of this, which satisfies my Nintendo-hard-on, will somehow magically prompt Capcom to put DMC 1+2 DX on the Cube.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
M3wThr33 said:
Yes. Yes it is. Hopefully the bombing of this, which satisfies my Nintendo-hard-on, will somehow magically prompt Capcom to put DMC 1+2 DX on the Cube.

Hahahah... like logic ever dictated platform choice for games.

AniHawk

M3wThr33 said:

...You don't want DMC 2.

xsarien

daedsiluap
nubbe said:
What the hell is wrong with people?
One of the most stylish and entreating games for a long time get overlooked... disgusting

This is what happens when it's been available on another system for nearly a year. Wait for the sequel.

Top Bottom