• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

this never gets old

always good to watch full reaction

I think Ina is playing Plug and Play soon (Tomorrow Sunday at 1PM PT)
Plug and Play with Ina seems like a weird fit. Should watch.

Calli wants to play until she beats a game

hmmmm

Last edited:
Plug & Play LPs are always amazing to watch. I just watch the full LPs on those, no need for clips. Risu still best Plug & Play player, though.
I like how you can tell how much sexual knowledge / experience people have based on how they react to the finger at the end lol.

Omori looks like a really interesting game, maybe I should get it.

Fubuki is playing Hollow Knight now. I think I'll watch her LP. Unfortunately internet doesn't allow me to watch livestreams without buffer function at the moment, so I'll wait for the VOD.

Last edited:
Did Ina cancel her Plug and Play to finish her Hollow Knight run?

maybe she plays Plug and Play later since Hollow Knight was not on her calendar today she just wants to finish it but the last boss is hard for her

The true end boss in Hollow Knight is truly near impossible to beat. I gave up on him too and just watched the ending on youtube.
Ina is still trying to grind it out

I saw her beat the Spatoon 2 final boss when I gave up on it years ago so maybe she is better at games than me lol

that boss after the brother? with the spikes yah no thanks

Last edited:
Gura has been busy

I can't watch Ame Supa Chat Sundays I don't know the secret website where she listens to music with chat. Even as a member have not discovered the secret

Very disappointing to see Cover trying to speedrun regulating itself into irrelevancy. Haachama forced to destroy all her awesome lore vids including the 1M subs stream. Coco hasn't even been able to do meme review in two weeks because she can't find enough appropriate memes. Asacoco with any edge to dead has been dead for a while. I love the girls to death but I am very sour with Cover as a company and just cringe at all the Yagoo worshipping.

How long until they go full ad-friendly family safe channels with no swearing or innuendos? Okay I doubt it'll go that far but YouTube has done it before (adpocalypse) and Cover seems to be complete reactionary newbies at managing streamers even through it's supposed to be their job. If they're so worried about JP copyright laws then they should start a subsidiary company in the US or something for their foreign talents.

We really need better streaming services than YouTube and Twitch. They're so bad. Anyone that earns some living wage threshold of income from these platforms should be afforded basic protections as if they were employees. Getting spontaneously demonetized or shadowbanned without warning and without cause should not happen. And it especially should not be left to AI to make these potentially life destroying decisions. You'd really think YT could spend a little human time on the individuals bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue per month.

It's equally disappointing to see how passively accepting of everything the fanbase is. Everyone just lets corpos walk all over them with their "well it can't be helped" mentality. Anyone that objects to anything Cover does is downvoted into oblivion, as if Cover can do no wrong, when in reality they have a long history of making garbage decisions (West Taiwan handling, Mel's harassment, copyright fiasco). It seems that Hololive got popular in spite of their management not because of it. They really got lucky with their super great, charismatic, talented streamers. Maybe headhunting is the only thing they're actually good at.

Unrelated to the above but am I the only one that really hates the quantity gacha/gambling addiction promotion? Seriously some of the girls are getting their credit cards locked because they spend so much... and everyone cheers them on?! Subaru was the only one with a head on her shoulders about this stuff but even she got corrupted by granblue fantasy.

Calli's song for priconne is nice but every gacha game is still trash and this is fresh in my mind again.

Wow this turned into a long post 😂. Sorry.

To end on a positive note I'm really loving Risu's Nier Automata playthrough!! She started ending [C]!

As lame as this move is.

Nothing to really go storm the castle about really, it was Haachama. She pushes and pushes the limits we all know this. Now when they finally tell her no bad Haachama we should storm the castle? Nah, man. I have a love and respect relationship with Haachama if I am feeling depressed I stay the fuck away from her streams she triggers emotions she is good at that shit. Haachama is a serious vibe for any suicidal Japanese person should avoid. She touches on deep things at times. I respect her art but it does not mean everything she does is healthly for my personal mental health.

On the other hand, it is not her fault this is how she wants to entertain her fans. Rules are not for people like Haachama. Girl can't even eat normal food.
I think the worst that might happen is Haachama retires and finds something else to do. It is not up to the fans to fight Cover / Hololive, I would hope to see more of the girls stand together and support each other. I've said over and over again that it seems Haachama does not have many close friends in Hololive.

She stands so alone sometimes you can't even remember which Generation she belongs to. So when she goes all out and creates crazy things then gets told no it feels like she is being pushed out because she has no support. At least Coco always has her back.

There is no reason why Haachama cannot be the Dark Comedy, Dark Horror vtuber. It is part of their culture they have some creepy dark shit in all their entertainment. Japanese Horror is disturbing as fuck. It takes talent to create that shit. Instead of making stupid rules about it they just needed to brand her under a dark label where fans of that stuff could find her creations. Hololive does not have to stay youtube exclusive. Create a pay site for exclusive videos that go over the lines beyond the rules.

I don't think Cover was ready for what Haachama had planned. She is ahead of her time you can say, looking back those would be classic yet disturbing videos they should be saved someplace safe for the future.

Beyond that I have no problem with Hololive trying to cover their asses. They are lazy and stupid about it but maybe they just don't have the vision to be more than they are right now. Haachama may want to push her creativity and the touching the lines of youtube bans but their is Art and their is business. As an Artist I think Haachama should be making films or horror anime or something. Her series went deep way over the heads of average fans but still great stuff. Still the platform is youtube if they don't make rules for Coco, Haachama, Kiara, and any other vtuber who wishes to push the limits shadow bans for everyone is the future. Hololive is not on HBO or some safe place to go all out on. They might need to create such a space where creators like Haachama can let loose and push harder with the creepy shit.

Hololive has the talent and they will keep growing. But they do need competition to force them to see the light. When someone else does what Haachama did for another agency and brings in a billion dollar brand the fans will find a new favorite source to get their fix.

The Idea that fans should defend Haachama's creations brings me back to a name I have posted here before and I know I should not post it. So I won't most of you will understand this point though.

Gura use to create her own shit before she joined Hololive. Under Hololive I doubt much of her old stuff could be transfered over under her new brand without taking out anything offensive she might have said.

Gura has such a rabbid fanbase she might be able to leave Hololive and go back to her old brand and do okay. But we have not even see what Hololive could do if the got her into a music studio in Japan and let her loose on music yet.

I don't really want to see a talent like Haachama without people working around her to fix her issues. She needs a place like Hololive even if it seems like she would do fine as an indie vtuber. I don't even like seeing someone like Uto out there alone.

Matsuri does God's work

I think of thing is definitely company size. I've seen it before. Before I started Vtubers I was actually watching Rocket Beans TV, which is basically a 24/7 streaming TV sender on nerd topics. A group of five people founded it because their TV show got cancelled. At first they all really enjoyed doing it and it was a dream come true for them, but over the last four years they grew into a 100+ employee company that earns millions every year. Now half of the time it's "we can't do this" and "we can't do that" and watching most of them hardly still feels like they enjoy playing games either. They get angry if there's a single negative comment in chat too.

Hololive might eventually reach the same state if they didn't reach it yet (I mean, in a way it's even more restrictive than RBTV already since they can only play a limited amount of games).

Seem like a cycle to me where every 4-5 years you need to switch to a new upcoming company if you want creative content and people who love doing their job.

I wonder what Haachama will do. Will she leave for more freedom or will she stay and behave? I guess that's what her journey of self-discovery is all about.

----------------------------

Apart from specifically streaming, I think the world is actually growing into two split groups slowly. I feel like on one hand rules get more and more restrictive, on the other hand there are more and more people who consider these rules so restrictive and delusional that they don't take them seriously anymore and form hidden groups that do all the "illegal" stuff and get more and more extreme. This will not end well, but it might still be years until then.

it is not that they only play limited games in Hololive but they seem to all get on the same game during the same week at times during the same day.

It can make for some interesting things if you follow many of the girls.

this was a nice clip I like hearing Calli stories

she is getting better about sharing personal life stuff without having to be in underworld code

I think of thing is definitely company size. I've seen it before. Before I started Vtubers I was actually watching Rocket Beans TV, which is basically a 24/7 streaming TV sender on nerd topics. A group of five people founded it because their TV show got cancelled. At first they all really enjoyed doing it and it was a dream come true for them, but over the last four years they grew into a 100+ employee company that earns millions every year. Now half of the time it's "we can't do this" and "we can't do that" and watching most of them hardly still feels like they enjoy playing games either. They get angry if there's a single negative comment in chat too.

Hololive might eventually reach the same state if they didn't reach it yet (I mean, in a way it's even more restrictive than RBTV already since they can only play a limited amount of games).

Seem like a cycle to me where every 4-5 years you need to switch to a new upcoming company if you want creative content and people who love doing their job.

I wonder what Haachama will do. Will she leave for more freedom or will she stay and behave? I guess that's what her journey of self-discovery is all about.

----------------------------

Apart from specifically streaming, I think the world is actually growing into two split groups slowly. I feel like on one hand rules get more and more restrictive, on the other hand there are more and more people who consider these rules so restrictive and delusional that they don't take them seriously anymore and form hidden groups that do all the "illegal" stuff and get more and more extreme. This will not end well, but it might still be years until then.

Good point about the girls playing games they don't enjoy, and when they are playing a game they are not having fun in I do notice they take negative comments hard, and react harshly. Calli and Ame use to be really bad at reacting to Chat telling them what to do in games they get stuck in.

I've been watching youtube videos about Yakuza and how many billions they bring in and how they have their hands in every business. Every talent agency every large Idol group.

I would not doubt they already touch the vtuber space in Japan.

I would like to know why KING the song is such a huge part of Hololive that most of the girls have a King cover video.
Another question is Princess Connect, why do they sponsor so many streams? Calli even did a collab song for them.
Not mad at the girls getting paid though, I just wonder what is going on behind the scenes with Hololive.

This Vtuber is currently getting suggested to pretty much all Haachama fans and after watching this clip I can see why:

Blonde hair - Check
Green/blue eyes - Check
Eating spicy food - Check
No shame - Check
Decapitation - Check

Last edited:
This Vtuber is currently getting suggested to pretty much all Haachama fans and after watching this clip I can see why:

Blonde hair - Check
Green/blue eyes - Check
Eating spicy food - Check
No shame - Check
Decapitation - Check

I would feel like I am cheating on Haachama.

You don't have to do EVERYTHING she did.

Eating stuff mailed to your P.O. Box is not a smart move lol

Last edited:
Noel's English learning stream is definitely my favorite format now that Haachama English Q&A and Coco's Meme Review are on hiatus.

I'm actually refreshing my Japanese on Duolingo too now because of her lol.
I wish I could set those learning sites to "I only want to understand spoken Japanese, don't bother trying to teach my anything else". To be honest learning languages by context is probably a market gap! Vtubers probably would also be better off to focus on phrases that are useful to vtubers.

Also watching Fubuki play Hollow Knight.

Last edited:
does this mean 1200 applications came in or is that just the odds of getting one of the 5 spots for a generation?
It's the applications per job opening ratio. So if there are 5 jobs and 6000 applications then the ratio is 1:1200.

Yeah but that company is famous for skinny ass models and you add L.A. as the city
Also Japan is the only country where Bra sizes actually make sense.

Last edited:
It's the applications per job opening ratio. So if there are 5 jobs and 6000 applications then the ratio is 1:1200.

Also Japan is the only country where Bra sizes actually make sense.
6000 seems like a hell of a lot of people wanting these 5 vtuber spots. I am thinking this can't be for the next EN generation that would be a lot of English speakers.

Did they open applications for a new JP generation as well?

6000 seems like a hell of a lot of people wanting these 5 vtuber spots. I am thinking this can't be for the next EN generation that would be a lot of English speakers.

Did they open applications for a new JP generation as well?
Not sure I thought Subaru was talking about the Hololive EN2 application.

I would suspect there being quite some people interested in doing it, since people from all over the world can apply.

Not sure I thought Subaru was talking about the Hololive EN2 application.

I would suspect there being quite some people interested in doing it, since people from all over the world can apply.
That must be a huge workload to process for such a small company as Hololive seems to be. Staff does not seem to be that huge.

upcoming collab I need to see

I might not watch this but I support it

Watching Uto collab with someone who has a normal voice really makes her tiny voice stand out

The EN six month collab is a must not miss hopefully no one is missing. Ame >_> looking at you (she is on some kind of trip)

Last edited:
Stories Through Numbers also posted a new video, it excludes English members though, but includes all of January:

I wonder why he did it like that considering those last 6 months. Really no reason to exclude EN anymore as they have been a huge part of why JP surged the past 6 months. You make a video that goes back those past 6 months and you exclude a key part of the story what are you even doing?

I was looking at Luna who is doing yet another English study stream and notice how low her sub count is
Luna is on the second page, with Nene and Mel

I think Anya is in last place? Is that right or am I missing someone? Well without looking at Holostars I would think last place in ID means last place in Hololive proper.

I wonder how EN gen 2 will do. Is the popularity slowing down a bit?

I wonder why he did it like that considering those last 6 months. Really no reason to exclude EN anymore as they have been a huge part of why JP surged the past 6 months. You make a video that goes back those past 6 months and you exclude a key part of the story what are you even doing?
He explained it on another video that EN is just too strong in terms of members and that's why he excludes them.

I mean it's kinda unfair to compare EN with JP.

I was looking at Luna who is doing yet another English study stream and notice how low her sub count is
Yeah, this kinda surprises me considering how unique she is. But I guess baby-types are too young even for the lolicons. I guess they appeal more to the fatherly and motherly types and they are kinda rare among the Vtuber listeners I presume.

Also 4th and 5th generation are still pretty recent, only Coco really made a huge breakthrough among them.

What's also interesting though is that members don't have much to do with how much they earn though. Coco is by fast the highest earner and Gura is actually pretty low for her high sub count.

Here are the SC earnings from February:

Top Bottom