• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on GC has online play?

BuddyC

Pandora Tomorrow ships to GameCube
Nintendo version includes new mission, booby traps, and online play.

Ubisoft announced that Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow shipped to stores today. Developed alongside the PlayStation 2 version, which was released in June, the GC version of the stealth-action game features a new Indonesian jungle mission, replayable missions with new pathways, new booby traps, after mission stats, and online play. Developed by Ubisoft Paris, Pandora Tomorrow was released for Xbox, PC, and GBA at the end of March. The GC version is available for $49.99.

By Benjamin Golze -- GameSpot
POSTED: 07/06/04 02:07 PM PST

Old news, or ...?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
But I thought online play was a fad?

-1 Splinter Cell GC sale.

The consumers do not want online play dammit

BuddyC

I'm not sure that Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow shipped today for GC. I can find no PR, and both Gamestop and EBGames don't list it as "shipping" yet. In fact, Gamestop.com lists it as a 7/13 ship. Combine that with the Gamespot story having factual errors...

They don't even mention the GBA connectivity. This is so fucked up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BuddyChrist83 said:
I'm not sure that Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow shipped today for GC. I can find no PR, and both Gamestop and EBGames don't list it as "shipping" yet. In fact, Gamestop.com lists it as a 7/13 ship. Combine that with the Gamespot story having factual errors...

They don't even mention the GBA connectivity. This is so fucked up.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/pandoratomorrow/factsheet_6101949.html

July 6, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's leading videogame publishers, today announced that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow has shipped for the Nintendo GameCube. A revolutionary stealth-action game, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow brings the award-winning franchise to a higher level with its intense realism, revolutionary light and shadow effects, and unparalleled graphics. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is rated "T" for Teen and has an MSRP of $49.99.

About Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Inspired by the world of Tom Clancy, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow centers around the story of Sam Fisher, a lone operative waging a one-man war against an Indonesian terrorist network. Empowered with the Fifth Freedom – the right to spy, steal, destroy and assassinate to protect his country – Fisher embarks on a mission that will take him to the farthest corners of the globe and into the shadowy world of international espionage, where he encounters numerous threats and faces the question, "Whom can you trust?"

* New Jungle Mission - Use Sam Fisher's entire range of stealth maneuvers to evade the enemy through a richly detailed Indonesian jungle setting.
* Post-Mission Statistics and Scoring - After each completed mission, get feedback on your performance: from the number of shots fired, to the number of enemies eliminated, even your time on each level.
* New Alternate Pathways in Revisited Missions - Complete mission objectives through new pathways. Each new pathway offers its own gameplay challenges and rewards.
* New Booby Trap Gameplay - Disable explosive devices using a similar mechanic to the innovative lockpick gameplay.

Doesn't say online play. Phew. +1 Splinter Cell GC sale

Even if it had online I probably wouldn't utilize it, but it would be a sign of 3rd-party developer faith in the BBA (outside of Sega) -- which wouldn't be such a bad thing for N.

Top Bottom