• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait, what are you all smoking? Burnout 3's soundtrack ROCKS.

Matlock

Banned
Well, it doesn't really completely fit the genre (feels more like a skate-game soundtrack)...but damn if it ain't impressive. Bolded are notable/great songs.

*tracklist taken shamelessly from another forum*

1208 - Fall Apart
Amber Pacific - Always You
Ash - Orpheus
Atretyu - Right Side of the Bed
Autopilot Off - Make a Sound
Bouncing Souls - Sing Along Forever

Burning Brides - Heart Full of Black
Chronic Future - Time and Time Again
Donots - Saccharine Smile
Eighteen Visions - I Let Go
Fall Out Boy - Reinventing the Wheel
Finger Eleven - Stay in Shadow
Franz Ferdinand - This Fire

From First to Last - Populace in Two
Funeral For A Friend - Rookie of the Year
Futureheads - Decent Days and Nights
Go Betty Go - C’mon
Jimmy Eat World - Just Tonight
Letter Kills Radio - Up
Local H - Everyone Alive
Maxeen - Please
Midtown - Give It Up
Moments In Grace - Broken Promises
Motion City Soundtrack - My Favorite
Mudmen - Animal
My Chemical Romance - I’m Not Okay
New Found Glory - At Least I’m Known
No Motiv - Independence Day
Silent Drive - 4-16
Sugarcult - Memory
The D4 - Come On!
The Explosion - Here I Am
The Fups - Lazy Generation
The Lot - Six Autobrats
The Matches - Audio Blood
The Mooney Suzuki - Shake That Bush
The Ordinary Boys - Over the Counter
The Von Bondies - C’Mon C’Mon
Yellowcard - Breathing

I mean, holy crap. Not only are there a handful of frigging great songs (and Ash's return to a racing game, first time I've seen one of his songs on a racing game soundtrack since the original GT) but also an assortment of decent listening.

C'MON C'MON

Von Bondies -- Jack White's fist approves!

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Does it support custom soundtracks? I've heard conflicting reports. IIRC, someone on GAF quoted something saying that it did but the new EGM review makes it sound like it doesn't. Can we get an absolute confirmation from someone?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Burning Brides - Heart Full of Black

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! OMFG! Fuck yes! This alone makes BO3's soundtrack the best of all time! Burning Brides are the shit! I can't believe they actually made it onto a game soundtrack!

!!!

Matlock

Banned
It does. Hit X on the EA Trax screen.

'course, I'd like to be able to import EA Trax from other titles in...now that'd be hot.

pilonv1

Well, it doesn't really completely fit the genre (feels more like a skate-game soundtrack)...but damn if it ain't impressive

A few good songs from "hip bands" amidst a mountain of crap and generic rock bands doesn't make it impressive.

Meier

I think the entire FF album is on various games just about.

P.S. C'mon C'mon is motherfucking amazing.

ferricide

it's also by far the most interesting song on the von bondies CD, sadly, IMO.

i agree that this soundtrack has some oddly realistic music on it, but by the same token i will just use the custom soundtrack feature and rip the whole franz ferdinand CD myself. i hate the fact that the game won't let you disable the songs you don't like, so all the horrid pop/punk bullshit that makes up a lot of the soundtrack is unavoidable.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Customs soundtracks for both Xbox and PS2....

PMCCX-lg.jpg

Matlock said:
Well, it doesn't really completely fit the genre (feels more like a skate-game soundtrack)...but damn if it ain't impressive. Bolded are notable/great songs.

I mean, holy crap. Not only are there a handful of frigging great songs (and Ash's return to a racing game, first time I've seen one of his songs on a racing game soundtrack since the original GT) but also an assortment of decent listening.

C'MON C'MON

i dont think i've ever heard of any of those songs before in my life...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Matlock said:

C'MON C'MON

I don't recognize one single artist on that list. Must be a lot of American music. :p

DCX

DCX
I recognize, Finger Eleven...they did Kane's intro song (WWE), Jimmy Eat World and New Found Glory...that's all i know.

DCX

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Sounds like a bunch of whiney emo-crap to me... what this is doing in a racing game is anyone's guess?

Shompola

Banned
this list actually is worse than the SSX3 one and the SSX3 wasn't really that bad but by the time I was listening to it I had allready heard it on radio 1000000000000x times geez.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I was looking at movies on IGN, and they are playing Tupac in the background. I guess it does support custom soundtracks.

well this certainly is an XTREME TRACKLISTING; do I have to slug down some Mountain Dew & pierce my eyeball in order to properly appreciate these tunes?

thank god for custom soundtracks.

and if that "c'mon c'mon" song is the same one that HBO used for their Video-on-Demand service... oh my god, I'd rather throw my XBox out the window than listen to that

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Personally, my own reservations about the Burnout 3 soundtrack come strictly from what I've heard in various preview videos of the gameplay. It's not that I have a problem with the songs themselves, but rather how they seemed to sound like they're just slapped on top of the rest of the audio experience. Previous Burnout games had custom music that may not have been as "quality" as some of these songs, but it meshed better with the overall racing experience.

Listwise, I'm sure I could like several of the songs on the Burnout 3 soundtrack but I'm just concerned about how well it will fit the experience. And I could really do without the Trax DJ chiming every so often.

Ristamar

That's a decent (good, not great) soundtrack...

No Motiv - Independence Day

Fuck yes. Must buy.

I recognize, Finger Eleven...

They've had a few popular singles, some dating back to the late 90's. Not my thing, but tolerable.

I could really do without My Chemical Romance and New Found Glory.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BuddyChrist83 said:
Much like with SSX3, I'm sure you'll be able to disable the DJ.
Really? I never bothered to check in SSX3. The DJ fit the theme better in that game and I didn't mind it.

Top Bottom