• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 Hands-on and Impressions Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
section1-1.jpg

Various news outlets posted their hands-on and impression for the upcoming Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 game this week:

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Looks great. Few issues but im in shortly after release. I predict online issues at launch as always with no beta.

Dynasty8

This honestly looks amazing! It goes against so much of the modern day gaming bullshit, it feels like a myth. A full release title, cosmetics unlock by playing and not focused on paying, and most importantly...not diagnosed with sweet baby aids.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Cancelling the mp beta then having the multiplayer not work during a preview build is a huge red flag. especially a month before launch.

This is going to be a mess at launch.

Stafford

No impressions from console build has me worried. If this is a stable(ish) 60fps on performance mode on PS5/Series X I’ll be surprised.

I hope it is and hope they can clarify soon

Does this studio have a history of bad console versions or not like that? I really hope it turns out well too.

makaveli60

GOTY material for sure. No modern bullshit, no woke shit, insane visuals, visceral combat, old-school feels. I’m new to the franchise, but if the ps5 version is good this will be a day one for me. Hyped!

j0hnnix

I just figured out if you look carefully you can see some nuts hanging out 🤢 makes it even worse.

Lol whenever any youtuber/journalist tells you not to preorder I immediately want to go and preorder!

Like I generally agree but shut the fuck up already. I'am watching you to hear about a videogame not to discuss the ethics of consumerism.

I am a massive 40k fan, and this is my most anticipated game... but I won't be pre-ordering. Never worth it.
Both of you hit on how I feel. Its like don't tell me what to do but then I'm like shit I've been burned with a preorder before.. Wtf lol. And damn I'm a big 40k fan too..

If Henry Cavil says to preorder, well, Yeah I'm preordering.

Katajx

No impressions from console build has me worried. If this is a stable(ish) 60fps on performance mode on PS5/Series X I’ll be surprised.

I hope it is and hope they can clarify soon
Looking at the system requirements I would expect this to do okay. 8th Gen intel and still using the 1060 in the requirements.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Hopefully, by the time the PS5 pro releases, they'll have fixed any MP/co-op problems, right ? RIGHT ?

PS: I have a bad feeling about this for some reason, something tells me that console performance will be subpar and that the online part will be a mess

T4keD0wN

As if PC with 4090 can tell how good performance and optimization is in any game for those with much less expensive hardware....:messenger_unamused:
I take it as an indicative that theres nothing fundamentaly wrong with the engine and that itll just scale down to lower framerates/resolution/details on weaker hardware.

Usually when games have shit performance its a software issue that you cant pay your way out of so this is good.

M.W.

Picking it up on PC to play on GFN. Can't imagine it not looking like vaseline on console.

Mahavastu

I’m new to the franchise
You are WHAT? Ok, no problem, you still have a month to prepare:
get at least the first 4 books of the Horus Heresy. It gives you a pretty good introduction into why the world 10K years later is what it is and brings you into the mood.
And if you like the books, there are still 60 more Heresy books waiting. And of course many more other books about WH40K

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I've bought 4 copies for me and my mates.

Yeah yeah dont preorder, but we are tabletop fans since the third edition and this shaping up to be the best co-op Warhammer 40k experience outside of a table with terrain at our local hobby club.

MrRibeye

Totally awesome, love everything about this, the blood, the guts, the shiny armor, the swords. Would have accepted worse graphics if it meant local couch-coop, but very happy that they make games like this still.

Top Bottom